• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ESPN Roundtable - Jamar Akoh

I thought I saw Akoh walking into Red's on Sat night. Is he in town? Surprised me. Thought he'd be elsewhere. Saw Moorehead this week too.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1138847377400320001

Colter this was a tremendous interview and I appreciate you sharing it here. Jamar sounds like a vibrant, educated, articulate, and well spoken kid. He will do well in whatever he chases. So glad he was a Griz.

I read the header too quickly and immediately thought it was going to be Kareem Jamar. I was confused for a moment when I started the stream!

AllWeatherFan said:
There must be 100 guys in Missoula who are dead ringers for Jamar.

Akoh stuck around to play in a few basketball tournaments and continue his physical rehab on his injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he is enjoying a break, upon graduation, before further pursuing basketball or anything else. God knows, many students take a break after graduation.

As for Moorehead, he already landed a great job in Missoula, and will be getting married, if he already hasn't. He loves Missoula. I don't see him leaving the area anytime soon.

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
There must be 100 guys in Missoula who are dead ringers for Jamar.

Are you saying that certain types of people look alike?

No. I am making fun of you.

I think you being racist.

Don't worry PR. You aren't the only one who ignorantly throws around the R-word. It's continued over/mis-use by ppl like you has rendered that word as meaningless as "iconic". There wasn't anything remotely racist said. It's a fact that there is a small black population in Missoula, and anyone that looks like Akoh in Missoula, is probably Akoh. I find it hard to believe that the #1 jock-sniffer didn't approach said "mystery man". I think almost everyone that read AWF's post saw the humor in that no one else in Msla could be confused for Akoh. Quit abusing that word!

Any People of Color posting in this thread other than myself?

Anyone in this thread who has been subject to racism? If so, what kind or what were the circumstances?

Does anyone in this thread want to claim they are an expert in racism?

PlayerRep said:
Any People of Color posting in this thread other than myself?

Anyone in this thread who has been subject to racism? If so, what kind or what were the circumstances?

Does anyone in this thread want to claim they are an expert in racism?

Well - I wasn't in the thread, but:

1. Yep, fellow POC here. :dance:

2. Yes - at least twice in high school (and I went to high school in Missoula) - one time was during a lunch b-ball game, was called the n-word derogatorily during the game, the other time I met the parents of a gal I was seeing at the time - they told me "We're not racist, but white people should date white people and black people should date black people."

3. I wouldn't want to claim being an expert, even though I've had it happen to me.

Back