• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Roll Call - Oregon

AZGrizFan said:
Autzen Stadium....better to sit low or high? Anybody else bought tics yet? I’m not sure I want to sit in the seats allocated to Griz fans, since those’ll probably be in a corner somewhere...

going...was thinking the same thing and whats the best vender to buy tickets? If your going and putting
out the funds you don't want to be in nose bleed corner...

BozAngelesGriz said:
Griz fans must be collectively wealthy...because I have to budget gas money to make it to a few home games every fall. And I’m in-state.

Maybe others set their priorities differently and plan appropriately! :D

AZGrizFan said:
Autzen Stadium....better to sit low or high? Anybody else bought tics yet? I’m not sure I want to sit in the seats allocated to Griz fans, since those’ll probably be in a corner somewhere...
Single game tickets go on sale July 15. Don’t know where Oregon puts the away team probably not good seats, but they are usually pretty cheap so I go through the school alottment.

WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:
Single game tickets go on sale July 15. Don’t know where Oregon puts the away team probably not good seats, but they are usually pretty cheap so I go through the school alottment.
Last time it was at the end zone on the side. Worst seats in the house. Better idea is to count on a lot of season ticket holders selling their tickets rather than attend such a cupcake game. We sat at about the 25 halfway up; pretty decent.

kemajic said:
WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:
Last time it was at the end zone on the side. Worst seats in the house. Better idea is to count on a lot of season ticket holders selling their tickets rather than attend such a cupcake game. We sat at about the 25 halfway up; pretty decent.

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of. I sat at the 45 yard line at the UW game and tix weren't too badly priced. I think I'm gonna do something similar in Autzen...There's tix available in rows 7-8...hopefully that's far enough up to get a good view of the game.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of. I sat at the 45 yard line at the UW game and tix weren't too badly priced. I think I'm gonna do something similar in Autzen...There's tix available in rows 7-8...hopefully that's far enough up to get a good view of the game.

Not sure how good of a view you're going to actually want...

Htowngriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
WaGriz4life said:

Not sure how good of a view you're going to actually want...

Had a great seats at the UW game. Was a real treat for a while when it was 7-7. Then it was fun to give them shit that their scores were being made by a Montana boy (Will Dissly)....people around me were a blast.

You'll likely be able to buy tickets from their box office online up until Gameday as I'd be pretty surprised if this game sells out. Visitor section is in the endzone with the large video scoreboard. Not terrible seats, but far from the best. Having been to lots of games at Autzen, I'd recommend sitting on the side of the stadium with the roof, probably about halfway up if you can find something decently priced. The September sun can be brutal if you are sitting on the uncovered side. Tailgating should be a good time and I'd also encourage anyone going to check out the indoor tailgate at the Mashofsky Center, which is their indoor practice facility that is right next to the stadium. I do believe they have the clear bag policy in effect as well as a no return policy if you leave the stadium, so once your inside, you're in for the game. FYI, the indoor tailgate is considered "inside" the stadium and does require a game ticket to get in.

The game itself should be interesting as Oregon has maybe the biggest offensive line in the country coming into the 2019 season, headlined by true sophomore Penei Sewell (6-6, 345, Frosh All-American). They also just signed the #1 overall recruit Kayvon Thibodeaux (D-end) who figures to play a prominent role, especially on passing downs. I think everyone knows who Justin Herbert is by now, so no explanation needed there.

One interesting aspect of this game is that the Griz won't have a ton of tape on the Ducks defense, with them having just hired Boise State D-Coordinator Any Avalos. This game will be a monumental test and might figure to be the toughest of the big time opponents we have faced maybe ever.

Post game, I'd highly recommend walking from the stadium to "The Cooler" for some beers as the traffic/parking situation will likely be a mess. Another awesome spot Montana fans will like is "The Beer Garden", which is essentially an indoor/outdoor version of Dram Shop but with 5-6 food trucks with various kinds of food.

If Sheldon High School has a game on Friday and you are there you might consider hitting that if you like high school football. Lots of former Griz players have come out of that school and it's still a place we recruit pretty heavily I think.

Autzen is a pretty intimate stadium, and it's built like a coffee mug with round, steep sides.

There aren't any hard angles. It aint like sitting in the south endzone at WGS.

I truly don't think there's a bad seat in the house. Great stadium.

Just got my seats on stubhub. Great seats, row 31, under the roof...booked my plane tickets as well.

Getting pumped!

I saw someone mention the clear bag policy, but friendly reminder - Autzen sells booze now in the stadium.

pretty damn good sale on a pak of 4 tickets, 4 Hotdog & 4 drinks = $156
even some seats are better than the nosebleed guest seats we had in 2005 they alloted to the Griz...if I remember correctly Griz were mostly at the Top of Section 24

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/oregonducks/EN/buy/details/19FB024P

Just grabbed five tickets from SeatGeek in the corner section 39 row 8. After all the fees it came to about $65 per ticket. When we went to Washington we paid just a little less than that and ended up in the nosebleed with the rest of the Griz fans after buying from the University so wanted to do it this way

I met a guy while golfing this winter who has season Duck tix. He has 2 in Sect 33 around the 25 yd line - may have access to 2 more .

If interested please DM me.

Been circled on my calendar for a few years. Excited to see my two favorite teams on the same field. A must go trip for Griz fans. Eugene and Autzen are twins to Missoula and WaGriz.

DuckCougGriz said:
Been circled on my calendar for a few years. Excited to see my two favorite teams on the same field. A must go trip for Griz fans. Eugene and Autzen are twins to Missoula and WaGriz.

:wtf: Your screen name would say otherwise.... :lol: :lol:

We're heading over w/a bunch of friends (20+). Should be a good time. I used to live in Eugene and am excited to go back again.

We have 4 tickets available for the game in section 39 row 22 seats 8,9,10, and 11. They are $37.25 each and each ticket comes with a soda and a hot dog. PM me if interested.

Reading the other threads, maybe we should avoid watching this game because some say the carnage will be unbearable.

Back