Indoor practice facility

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
Post Reply
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:39 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:10 pm
Injuries after Oregon game in 2005. 12 injuries going into the next week. Who's going to be the first to say that UM always has 12 injuries of top players after the first game? Was it Raider who said he couldn't remember any injuries after the Oregon game?

"But that injury list is still pretty long.

The most important loss is linebacker Loren Utterback, a starter on the strong side. His father Brad confirmed on Tuesday that the 218-pound sophomore suffered a broken foot with around eight minutes left in the game. The Fort Benton product had surgery Monday, and will be out 6-8 weeks.

At Montana's weekly press conference, head coach Bobby Hauck noted 12 injuries, without giving specifics.

Hauck listed defensive tackle Alan Saenz, defensive end Mike Murphy, corners Quentin Jackson and Tuff Harris and receiver Jon Talmage as probable; safety Colt Anderson, defensive tackle Jesse Carlson and guard Jason Frink as questionable; and corner Chris Clark, running back JR Waller and Utterback doubtful; and safety Jake McCarthy, who was hurt on the opening kickoff, as out."

https://missoulian.com/sports/injuries- ... e8b9d.html
And immediately after the Wyoming game in 2014, virtually ZERO injuries. Same starters two games later against USD.
The injuries from the Oregon game were enough to prove my point, and there were injuries at the prior Wyo. game and at Iowa. Case closed.

Wyo was ranked 54th in 1997 and had winning record. Ranked only 94th in 2014 and won only 4 games. Griz were as good as Wyo in 2014 and should have beaten them. Wasn't really even a play up game.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:24 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:10 pm
Injuries after Oregon game in 2005. 12 injuries going into the next week. Who's going to be the first to say that UM always has 12 injuries of top players after the first game? Was it Raider who said he couldn't remember any injuries after the Oregon game?

"But that injury list is still pretty long.

The most important loss is linebacker Loren Utterback, a starter on the strong side. His father Brad confirmed on Tuesday that the 218-pound sophomore suffered a broken foot with around eight minutes left in the game. The Fort Benton product had surgery Monday, and will be out 6-8 weeks.

At Montana's weekly press conference, head coach Bobby Hauck noted 12 injuries, without giving specifics.

Hauck listed defensive tackle Alan Saenz, defensive end Mike Murphy, corners Quentin Jackson and Tuff Harris and receiver Jon Talmage as probable; safety Colt Anderson, defensive tackle Jesse Carlson and guard Jason Frink as questionable; and corner Chris Clark, running back JR Waller and Utterback doubtful; and safety Jake McCarthy, who was hurt on the opening kickoff, as out."

https://missoulian.com/sports/injuries- ... e8b9d.html
How many played the next week? Almost half the list above is probable...

Any lists after play down games? Surely no starters injured in those, so probably not.
Feel free to do your own research. I did mine.

I enjoy blowing some of you out of the water.
LOL. One game. ONE f***[*] game. THAT’S the sum of your “research”?

Good thing you’re an attorney and not a detective.
The injuries in the one game were enough to prove my point. And, as I mentioned earlier, injuries at Iowa and Wyoming. Including injuries to qb's in those games.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

SoldierGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:53 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 am
SoldierGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 am
I think there is some evidence players actually heal up while playing down. Anyone got any anecdotes?
They do. They are more likely to be held out of those games if injured, and starters play less because the backups often play alot more.
Any specific anecdotes...names of players who healed up after starting, but not finishing a game?

Any anecdotes of players injured during a play down game?

What about 1s vs 2s in live scrimmages? Hope that never happens.
I've provided my stats and arguments. Time for you to provide some data. Put-up or shut up.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:39 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:10 pm
Injuries after Oregon game in 2005. 12 injuries going into the next week. Who's going to be the first to say that UM always has 12 injuries of top players after the first game? Was it Raider who said he couldn't remember any injuries after the Oregon game?

"But that injury list is still pretty long.

The most important loss is linebacker Loren Utterback, a starter on the strong side. His father Brad confirmed on Tuesday that the 218-pound sophomore suffered a broken foot with around eight minutes left in the game. The Fort Benton product had surgery Monday, and will be out 6-8 weeks.

At Montana's weekly press conference, head coach Bobby Hauck noted 12 injuries, without giving specifics.

Hauck listed defensive tackle Alan Saenz, defensive end Mike Murphy, corners Quentin Jackson and Tuff Harris and receiver Jon Talmage as probable; safety Colt Anderson, defensive tackle Jesse Carlson and guard Jason Frink as questionable; and corner Chris Clark, running back JR Waller and Utterback doubtful; and safety Jake McCarthy, who was hurt on the opening kickoff, as out."

https://missoulian.com/sports/injuries- ... e8b9d.html
And immediately after the Wyoming game in 2014, virtually ZERO injuries. Same starter two games later against USD.
Nice try. You are dishonest. In the next game, there were 5 different starters on offense, including Jordan Johnson didn't start the next week, and one different starter on defense.

Liar liar pants on fire.

So, in 3 of the FBS games, UM had its qb get hurt or different qb starters the next game.
SaskGriz
Posts: 2402
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: The Great White North

PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:00 pm
SaskGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:37 am
kemajic wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:10 am

You have done nothing to PROVE your point. A lawyer should know what proof constitutes.
My evidence is that multiple coaches and athletic directors believe that play-up games, especially against top teams, can lead to more injuries, and in fact some have led to more injuries; the injuries at Wyo. including Ah Yat which a UM AD told me may have kept the Griz from getting another national championship; various anecdotal evidence; and my having played 4 years of D-I football.

What's your counter evidence?

Again, do you think the Griz, as presently constituted, would have more injuries if they played a full schedule in the Pac-12? How about if the presently constituted UM played most of its games every year against Alabama or a similar quality team? Same number of injuries?
By bringing up anecdotal evidence of a player who was hurt in a play up game, you are opening up the door to the idea that every player who DIDN'T get hurt in that same game is anecdotal evidence for the other side. You do understand that, don't you?

What this argument needs is a comparison of injuries in play-up games; play up games, to FCS games, to drop down games. Without that it's all opinion and while some may be more informed than others it is still just well-informed opinion.
It's the number who get injured, not whether some did and some didn't. I assume you understand that?

Your second para is what I've been doing all along, based on observation and memory, what coaches and athletic directors have said, anecdotes, etc. I take the well-informed opinion of UM coaches and athletic directors over any of the posters in this thread. Having played D-I football, and having followed several teams including UM closely for decades, I also believe my opinion on the subject is more informed that virtually anyone posting in the thread.

Everyone in the thread is welcome to state how and why they think they are well-informed.
Do you realise that your first sentence contradicts itself? The number who get injured is by definition a very simple mathematical equation based on if "some did and some didn't".

As to the second paragraph, my mistake was being less clear. By a comparison I didn't a comparison of various parties opinions, I meant numbers and data.
User avatar
Mich Griz
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:30 am
Location: Northern Michigan

App State beat bigger and faster Michigan when they played up and they made enough money they built a INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY. So now we can take this topic about indoor practice facilities that morphed into one about injuries and playing big fast players and make it into a MOVE UP string...we'll get this thing to 17 pages by hook or by crook
If you see Kay tell her I said HI.....
Spanky2
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

A case has been built that a FCS football school shouldn’t schedule a game against a FBS football school. Why? According to some individuals, the FBS team consists of players that are bigger, stronger, faster than their FCS counterparts, thus, the little, weak, slow FCS players could be injured.
Why then would a FCS AD schedule a FBS school if it is known in advance that his players were going to the horrible fate of multiple injuries?
User avatar
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3363
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Displaced from the Last Best Place

Spanky2 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:49 am
A case has been built that a FCS football school shouldn’t schedule a game against a FBS football school. Why? According to some individuals, the FBS team consists of players that are bigger, stronger, faster than their FCS counterparts, thus, the little, weak, slow FCS players could be injured.
Why then would a FCS AD schedule a FBS school if it is known in advance that his players were going to the horrible fate of multiple injuries?
Negligence. Civil suits all over the place. I know a lawyer...
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian
User avatar
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3363
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Displaced from the Last Best Place

PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:53 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 am
SoldierGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 am
I think there is some evidence players actually heal up while playing down. Anyone got any anecdotes?
They do. They are more likely to be held out of those games if injured, and starters play less because the backups often play alot more.
Any specific anecdotes...names of players who healed up after starting, but not finishing a game?

Any anecdotes of players injured during a play down game?

What about 1s vs 2s in live scrimmages? Hope that never happens.
I've provided my stats and arguments. Time for you to provide some data. Put-up or shut up.
I'm just glad no injuries occur during play down games. I only assume this is the case because there are no lists. Same with intra-squad scrimmages. I think the Griz have some of those coming up. Hopefully these will balance the bloodbath coming from the Oregon game. Need to stay healthy this season.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian
User avatar
fanofzoo
Posts: 4008
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:08 am
Location: missoula

Spanky2 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:49 am
A case has been built that a FCS football school shouldn’t schedule a game against a FBS football school. Why? According to some individuals, the FBS team consists of players that are bigger, stronger, faster than their FCS counterparts, thus, the little, weak, slow FCS players could be injured.
Why then would a FCS AD schedule a FBS school if it is known in advance that his players were going to the horrible fate of multiple injuries?
$$$$$$
getgrizzy
Posts: 3344
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:27 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm
getgrizzy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am
poorgriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 am
Raider wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 am


Call BS all you want. It’s pretty much your MO with anyone that disagrees with you. Could care less.

My conversation was not with a Griz coach, but a defensive coordinator at the FBS level. I’m not surprised that your opinion is based on conversations with Griz coaches, based upon the way these “play up” games have been approached in the past. Again, never seems to be an issue with schools like NDSU and EWU......wonder why that is.......
This. if the griz coaching staff really feels this way they need to recruit bigger, better players or get a better strength program. Pretty sure the MSU coaching staff isn't worried about getting beat up on when we take the field against Texas Tech, at least not any more worried about injuries than any other game. :roll:
The Griz coaches don’t go into Power 5 games thinking about getting hurt anymore than yours do. It’s just a simple matter of, “over time bigger, stronger players are going to injure smaller, weaker players.” It’s not like every single game or play there’s an injury to a FCS player. Or there’s five FCS injuries to two every game. But over a long period or large number of games injuries will trend this way. It’s self-evident, it’s logic, it’s common sense.
Who said anyone was worried? Don't all FCS teams try to recruit bigger, stronger, faster, better players?

It looks like you agree with the point I've been making.
Sort of. Except it looks more like you’re agreeing with my point.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

SaskGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:15 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:00 pm
SaskGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:37 am


My evidence is that multiple coaches and athletic directors believe that play-up games, especially against top teams, can lead to more injuries, and in fact some have led to more injuries; the injuries at Wyo. including Ah Yat which a UM AD told me may have kept the Griz from getting another national championship; various anecdotal evidence; and my having played 4 years of D-I football.

What's your counter evidence?

Again, do you think the Griz, as presently constituted, would have more injuries if they played a full schedule in the Pac-12? How about if the presently constituted UM played most of its games every year against Alabama or a similar quality team? Same number of injuries?
By bringing up anecdotal evidence of a player who was hurt in a play up game, you are opening up the door to the idea that every player who DIDN'T get hurt in that same game is anecdotal evidence for the other side. You do understand that, don't you?

What this argument needs is a comparison of injuries in play-up games; play up games, to FCS games, to drop down games. Without that it's all opinion and while some may be more informed than others it is still just well-informed opinion.
It's the number who get injured, not whether some did and some didn't. I assume you understand that?

Your second para is what I've been doing all along, based on observation and memory, what coaches and athletic directors have said, anecdotes, etc. I take the well-informed opinion of UM coaches and athletic directors over any of the posters in this thread. Having played D-I football, and having followed several teams including UM closely for decades, I also believe my opinion on the subject is more informed that virtually anyone posting in the thread.

Everyone in the thread is welcome to state how and why they think they are well-informed.
Do you realise that your first sentence contradicts itself? The number who get injured is by definition a very simple mathematical equation based on if "some did and some didn't".

As to the second paragraph, my mistake was being less clear. By a comparison I didn't a comparison of various parties opinions, I meant numbers and data.
No, the first sentence doesn't contradict itself. Yes, the number hurt is a number. Then it would be used to calculate percentage of players hurt, number of starters or key players, etc. Again, of course, some players get hurt in a game and some/most don't. That is a given in any game, unless there is a game where zero people on a team get hurt in any respect.

Your last sentence of the last para has a typo so it isn't clear what you meant to say.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Spanky2 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:49 am
A case has been built that a FCS football school shouldn’t schedule a game against a FBS football school. Why? According to some individuals, the FBS team consists of players that are bigger, stronger, faster than their FCS counterparts, thus, the little, weak, slow FCS players could be injured.
Why then would a FCS AD schedule a FBS school if it is known in advance that his players were going to the horrible fate of multiple injuries?
Who is building a case against playing up? I don't recall a single post saying or indicating that.

The subtopic is whether FCS teams, in the long run, suffer more injuries playing up, especially against the tougher FBS teams.

There could be another subtopic of whether FCS teams, or which ones, make more money playing home games instead of FBS games.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

getgrizzy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm
getgrizzy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am
poorgriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 am


This. if the griz coaching staff really feels this way they need to recruit bigger, better players or get a better strength program. Pretty sure the MSU coaching staff isn't worried about getting beat up on when we take the field against Texas Tech, at least not any more worried about injuries than any other game. :roll:
The Griz coaches don’t go into Power 5 games thinking about getting hurt anymore than yours do. It’s just a simple matter of, “over time bigger, stronger players are going to injure smaller, weaker players.” It’s not like every single game or play there’s an injury to a FCS player. Or there’s five FCS injuries to two every game. But over a long period or large number of games injuries will trend this way. It’s self-evident, it’s logic, it’s common sense.
Who said anyone was worried? Don't all FCS teams try to recruit bigger, stronger, faster, better players?

It looks like you agree with the point I've been making.
Sort of. Except it looks more like you’re agreeing with my point.
I generally have been agreeing with your point, I believe.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

SoldierGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:09 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:53 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 am


They do. They are more likely to be held out of those games if injured, and starters play less because the backups often play alot more.
Any specific anecdotes...names of players who healed up after starting, but not finishing a game?

Any anecdotes of players injured during a play down game?

What about 1s vs 2s in live scrimmages? Hope that never happens.
I've provided my stats and arguments. Time for you to provide some data. Put-up or shut up.
I'm just glad no injuries occur during play down games. I only assume this is the case because there are no lists. Same with intra-squad scrimmages. I think the Griz have some of those coming up. Hopefully these will balance the bloodbath coming from the Oregon game. Need to stay healthy this season.
Have you ever seen a Griz report following any game, in which the Griz had more injuries than the week after the Oregon game?

Does it concern you at all that UM didn't have its starting qb after the 2 Wyoming games and the Iowa games? I haven't check UW and Tennessee, but assume UM had it's starting qb for the following weeks.

Personally, I think it would hurt the Griz, or any team, to lose its starting qb after 60% of its games.
Raider
eGriz Club
Posts: 2330
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:35 pm
Location: Missoula

PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:19 pm
Raider wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 am
Raider wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:14 am


If your “evidence” is talking to coaches, then I would easily provide “evidence” the other way. I have had conversations with college coaches that have the exact opposite opinion. They hate “playing down” for this very reason.

It may be the mentality here (which again is why we are beat before we get off the bus), but you cannot say that thought process is universal amongst all coaches. That is just factually incorrect.
I call BS on most of your post. Also, UM playing up, is not the same as UM playing down. I truly can't believe how hard it is for some of you to focus on what is being discussed. Correct, I am not saying all coaches feel the same. I'm mainly talking about Griz coaches.
Call BS all you want. It’s pretty much your MO with anyone that disagrees with you. Could care less.

My conversation was not with a Griz coach, but a defensive coordinator at the FBS level. I’m not surprised that your opinion is based on conversations with Griz coaches, based upon the way these “play up” games have been approached in the past. Again, never seems to be an issue with schools like NDSU and EWU......wonder why that is.......
Why would an FBS coach be following injuries against FCS team? Don't think you had the right source.

How's your memory on not Griz injuries at Oregon? See recent post showing 12 injuries going into the week after the Oregon game, and a starting linebacker out for 2 months due to surgery.

Like I said, I call BS on some of your posts. I disagree with lots of people. I only call BS on the jokers who just make up stuff, like you. Your MO is just making up stuff.
My MO is making stuff up? Uh, ok Jack. Please show me where that has occurred. You don’t know me.
getgrizzy
Posts: 3344
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:27 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 am
getgrizzy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm
getgrizzy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am


The Griz coaches don’t go into Power 5 games thinking about getting hurt anymore than yours do. It’s just a simple matter of, “over time bigger, stronger players are going to injure smaller, weaker players.” It’s not like every single game or play there’s an injury to a FCS player. Or there’s five FCS injuries to two every game. But over a long period or large number of games injuries will trend this way. It’s self-evident, it’s logic, it’s common sense.
Who said anyone was worried? Don't all FCS teams try to recruit bigger, stronger, faster, better players?

It looks like you agree with the point I've been making.
Sort of. Except it looks more like you’re agreeing with my point.
I generally have been agreeing with your point, I believe.
I know. I was attempting humor.

My point leans to the scientific side, yours is more evidentiary. They compliment each other. Like two sticks of dynamite in one hole.

Bottom line is injuries are more apt to occur when we play Power 5 schools, than when we play fcs or lower classification schools, which we agree on.

I’m not sure why anyone would argue otherwise.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27803
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

getgrizzy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:54 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 am
getgrizzy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm


Who said anyone was worried? Don't all FCS teams try to recruit bigger, stronger, faster, better players?

It looks like you agree with the point I've been making.
Sort of. Except it looks more like you’re agreeing with my point.
I generally have been agreeing with your point, I believe.
I know. I was attempting humor.

My point leans to the scientific side, yours is more evidentiary. They compliment each other. Like two sticks of dynamite in one hole.

Bottom line is injuries are more apt to occur when we play Power 5 schools, than when we play fcs or lower classification schools, which we agree on.

I’m not sure why anyone would argue otherwise.
Got it. While I have some evidence and have had some conversations, I believe he main cause is your scientific view. And, I have been on the receiving end of dealing with bigger, faster, stronger players in both football, and rugby, over the years. I never got a serious injury from that, but I can still feel the impacts of many of those plays.
User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 25806
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Mich Griz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:25 am
App State beat bigger and faster Michigan when they played up and they made enough money they built a INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY. So now we can take this topic about indoor practice facilities that morphed into one about injuries and playing big fast players and make it into a MOVE UP string...we'll get this thing to 17 pages by hook or by crook
Well done. Nice transition. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I say Move Up!!! That way the injuries will STOP! :lol: :lol:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
SaskGriz
Posts: 2402
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: The Great White North

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:32 am
SaskGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:15 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:00 pm
SaskGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 am


By bringing up anecdotal evidence of a player who was hurt in a play up game, you are opening up the door to the idea that every player who DIDN'T get hurt in that same game is anecdotal evidence for the other side. You do understand that, don't you?

What this argument needs is a comparison of injuries in play-up games; play up games, to FCS games, to drop down games. Without that it's all opinion and while some may be more informed than others it is still just well-informed opinion.
It's the number who get injured, not whether some did and some didn't. I assume you understand that?

Your second para is what I've been doing all along, based on observation and memory, what coaches and athletic directors have said, anecdotes, etc. I take the well-informed opinion of UM coaches and athletic directors over any of the posters in this thread. Having played D-I football, and having followed several teams including UM closely for decades, I also believe my opinion on the subject is more informed that virtually anyone posting in the thread.

Everyone in the thread is welcome to state how and why they think they are well-informed.
Do you realise that your first sentence contradicts itself? The number who get injured is by definition a very simple mathematical equation based on if "some did and some didn't".

As to the second paragraph, my mistake was being less clear. By a comparison I didn't a comparison of various parties opinions, I meant numbers and data.
No, the first sentence doesn't contradict itself. Yes, the number hurt is a number. Then it would be used to calculate percentage of players hurt, number of starters or key players, etc. Again, of course, some players get hurt in a game and some/most don't. That is a given in any game, unless there is a game where zero people on a team get hurt in any respect.

Your last sentence of the last para has a typo so it isn't clear what you meant to say.
Yeah that last sentence needed some proof reading. What I meant to say was; By a comparison I didn't MEAN a comparison of various party's opinions, I meant an actual comparison using numbers and data.

Anecdotal stuff doesn't work for this particular discussion;

Jordan Johnson got hurt vs Wyoming, Reese Phillips didn't get hurt against UW
Reese Phillips got hurt vs Savannah State, Jordan Johnson didn't get hurt against Tennessee.

This is all meaningless without number crunching.
Post Reply