• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

Maybe poorC.A.T.S. was implying that prior passing stats were so bad, the passing game will improve because it can’t get any worse.

If so, I think the exact opposite. Without the right QB, that offense goes from smelling like shit to eating shit

Looking at the 2019 cat roster Anderson is listed as a RB/QB. So is he going to play QB or LB? :ugeek:

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
If Rovig's TD/INT ratio is better than the ratio of Cat threads over here, the Cats are in for a great year.
3:30 on the first page. :lol:
Imagine thinking just being "better" than a 3 to 30 TD/INT ratio is a good thing.
#justbobcatthings
Fake news. Pretty much every thread turns to a Cat thread. The transition of the grizz becoming our little brother astounds me. Congratulations CDA in being the poster child of the complete reversal.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

This is by the book. The Plan. Can’t have two good years in a row this early. Must build in the scapegoat(s).
Change QB, O, and D. That’ll do it.
I’m pretty sure Chapter Two is titled “Set ‘em up, knock ‘em down.”

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
The wish casting going on in here is great. Keep it up guys.

The Bobfan posting is even better! Keep that up!

Why? The Griz are a loathed rival and thus interesting to me. I don't see the point in the bullshit high school girl pissing contests about which fan base is more engaged with the others' team. Both clearly track the other side closely. Obviously.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

Why? The Griz are a loathed rival and thus interesting to me. I don't see the point in the bullshit high school girl pissing contests about which fan base is more engaged with the others' team. Both clearly track the other side closely. Obviously.

It’s perfect!! Keep going! :lol:
Say something more about the Bobs on eGriz.com and call it wish casting. :lol: It’s amazing! Can’t write this.
#justbobcatthings

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

Say something more about the Bobs on eGriz.com and call it wish casting. :lol: It’s amazing! Can’t write this.
#justbobcatthings

Call what I write wish casting? I don't think you've followed what I said. But by all means, don't let me interrupt the hyper analysis of Choate's press conference any more than I already have. Maybe there's a coded message in there just for egriz.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

#justbobcatthings

Call what I write wish casting? I don't think you've followed what I said. But by all means, don't let me interrupt the hyper analysis of Choate's press conference any more than I already have. Maybe there's a coded message in there just for egriz.

Perfect! :lol:
Keep posting on eGriz.com about it!
#justbobcatthings

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
But, as we have learned from some Cat posters over the years; in Bozeman, the back-ups are often better than the starters. And, in this case, Murray, the back-up, was better.
Did I miss something? When was Murry ever a backup? He could run circles around anybody else on their roster, including TA as far as QB goes.

I hate to bring actual stats into this conversation, but here they are - career.

Chris Murray: 167 for 338 (49%). 2,375 total passing yards. 7 Yd/a. 21 TDs, 17 INTs. Sacked 19 times for 116 yards.

Troy Andersen: 115 for 208 (55%). 1,195 total passing yards. 5.7 Yd/a. 3 TDs, 7 INTs. Sacked 9 times for 56 yards.

Does anyone here really think our passing numbers will look worse than these in 2019?
Was this a rhetorical question?
Do you think the passing game is going to be better?
You must think this because of Choaches’ incredible history with QBs?
And his awesome passing offense.
Surely you have some objective evidence to be so confident.
Or after “losing” all conf level QBs, he must have named a 1st time starter, or found a drop down or something for you to be so sure

IMHO, with that janky O, you guys need a running QB to make the passing game work. The greatest forward pass in Choaches’ era was a 7yd playaction pass to a TE. (which reminds me, do you even have a TE? Or any WRs?). A big pocket guy will get keyed on and killed.

Yet somehow you think it’s a given the passing game will improve.

Uh..... yes. I promise we'll have better QB play in 2019 than what we've had in a few years. Better completion percentage and more passing yards or I'll never post here again. Feel free to book mark this and remind me if something crazy happens. That reminds me I never went back and called out posters that lost posting rights bets on here the last couple years but that's OK.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
Did I miss something? When was Murry ever a backup? He could run circles around anybody else on their roster, including TA as far as QB goes.

I hate to bring actual stats into this conversation, but here they are - career.

Chris Murray: 167 for 338 (49%). 2,375 total passing yards. 7 Yd/a. 21 TDs, 17 INTs. Sacked 19 times for 116 yards.

Troy Andersen: 115 for 208 (55%). 1,195 total passing yards. 5.7 Yd/a. 3 TDs, 7 INTs. Sacked 9 times for 56 yards.

Does anyone here really think our passing numbers will look worse than these in 2019?
Or after “losing” all conf level QBs, he must have named a 1st time starter, or found a drop down or something for you to be so sure

IMHO, with that janky O, you guys need a running QB to make the passing game work. The greatest forward pass in Choaches’ era was a 7yd playaction pass to a TE. (which reminds me, do you even have a TE? Or any WRs?). A big pocket guy will get keyed on and killed.

Uh..... yes. I promise we'll have better QB play in 2019 than what we've had in a few years. Better completion percentage and more passing yards or I'll never post here again. Feel free to book mark this and remind me if something crazy happens. That reminds me I never went back and called out posters that lost posting rights bets on here the last couple years but that's OK.
So no actual reason or evidence for your unbridled confidence, other than “it can’t get any worse”?

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

So no actual reason or evidence for your unbridled confidence, other than “it can’t get any worse”?

Sort of like:

"We have to be able to beat the Cats again someday... right guys??" :oops: :| :oops:

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Yes, correct. Out passing game has been terrible the past few years. In fact it's amazing we've continued to improve as much as we have as a team overall. I watched the scrimmages and some practices in the Spring and watched the QBs closely. Again, I guarantee we'll be better, probably significantly better.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

Yes, correct. Out passing game has been terrible the past few years. In fact it's amazing we've continued to improve as much as we have as a team overall. I watched the scrimmages and some practices in the Spring and watched the QBs closely. Again, I guarantee we'll be better, probably significantly better.

Yeah, your pass game will be better, but your run game will be worse.

getgrizzy said:

Yep. What we don't know if whether the total effect will be a net positive or negative. Time will tell.

getgrizzy said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

if its true that Anderson is going to linebacker full time , I can see your point, but I would still take Montana states ifanse over any running back from Montana.

getgrizzy said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Possibly, but I doubt it. Yes, I guarantee Rovig will not have the rushing numbers that TA or CM had, not even close. But, we a more consistent passing threat the running game will continue to be solid. Don't forget - TA and TJ will still probably rush for 100 yards a game running the Wild Cat.

poorgriz said:
getgrizzy said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

Possibly, but I doubt it. Yes, I guarantee Rovig will not have the rushing numbers that TA or CM had, not even close. But, we a more consistent passing threat the running game will continue to be solid. Don't forget - TA and TJ will still probably rush for 100 yards a game running the Wild Cat.
Did I miss a rule change? Are they playing with two balls now?

getgrizzy said:
poorgriz said:
getgrizzy said:
poorgriz said:

Did I miss a rule change? Are they playing with two balls now?

Man that would be fun

Back