• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Indoor practice facility

Missoula223 said:
kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Since you mention it, there is an argument that football players are injured more when they play mediocre teams as they tend to play with less intensity.
Just ask Reese Phillips.

These are horrible arguments. If an NFL team is playing football against a bunch of 10 year olds, it's pretty obvious who is more likely to get hurt. This example is on a larger scale, but it's common sense. If your bigger and more athletic, you are less likely to get hurt.

Spanky you continue to amaze me with the dumb shit you say.

No, see my post from above - technique and fundamentals play a bigger part in injuries. In fact, has anyone even looked at the roster for Oregon? Are most of their players bigger than yours across the board?

poorgriz said:
Missoula223 said:
kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Since you mention it, there is an argument that football players are injured more when they play mediocre teams as they tend to play with less intensity.
Just ask Reese Phillips.

These are horrible arguments. If an NFL team is playing football against a bunch of 10 year olds, it's pretty obvious who is more likely to get hurt. This example is on a larger scale, but it's common sense. If your bigger and more athletic, you are less likely to get hurt.

No, see my post from above - technique and fundamentals play a bigger part in injuries. In fact, has anyone even looked at the roster for Oregon? Are most of their players bigger than yours across the board?

Are you going to give us an analysis as to who has better technique and fundamentals between an NFL player and a 10 year old? No matter how you slice it the 10 year old has a higher risk of injury no matter how great his technique is.

Of course they're bigger and faster and basically every position. That's why they will beat the griz. What sort of techniques will help the griz to win? What fundamentals will shield them from injury?

I'm not going to say that good technique can't give you an edge but Oregon is better because they are bigger, faster and more athletic. Smaller, slower, less athletic individuals have a higher chance of injury when it comes to bigger, faster, more athletic individuals.

PlayerRep said:
Spanky2 said:
Football players also get hurt in practice. They get hurt playing less talented teams and they get hurt playing a team like Oregon.

True, but over time, they get hurt more often playing against bigger, better and faster teams.

Are you going to make the argument that we don't need speed limits because people have car wrecks going under the speed limit? How about we don't need dui laws because sober people have accidents too?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah. Two GREAT examples, PR. :roll: :roll:

Missoula223 said:
poorgriz said:
Missoula223 said:
kemajic said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

Are you going to give us an analysis as to who has better technique and fundamentals between an NFL player and a 10 year old? No matter how you slice it the 10 year old has a higher risk of injury no matter how great his technique is.

Of course they're bigger and faster and basically every position. That's why they will beat the griz. What sort of techniques will help the griz to win? What fundamentals will shield them from injury?

I'm not going to say that good technique can't give you an edge but Oregon is better because they are bigger, faster and more athletic. Smaller, slower, less athletic individuals have a higher chance of injury when it comes to bigger, faster, more athletic individuals.

Oh, I am SOOOOOO glad I opened up this can of worms.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see if we can get this hijacked thread to 17 pages people! STAT!!! :cool: :cool:

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

You mean the guy who was injured at Kentucky, and the guy who injured his lower leg when a big guy tackled and fell on him. Was that lack of intensity on someone's party. Answer: no it wasn't. Just an accident.

And just ask Josh Swogger and Tyson, the punter, and the others who got hurt at Iowa. And the linebacker who got hurt at Oregon and was not the same the rest of the season. And the guys injured at Wyo. years ago, which some coaches and others believed kept UM from winning the national championship.

I completely disagree, but what difference does it make. This mentality is how the Griz have approached these games historically and they are down 3 touchdowns before they get off the bus.

...funny how this is never an issue with NDSU, EWU, etc.

Missoula223 said:
poorgriz said:
Missoula223 said:
kemajic said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

It just seems so simple and obvious, doesn't it? You must have played the game.

We better be sure to schedule teams that have small, slow, weak players so we don’t rack up injuries. Just kidding, Player.😈

Missoula223 said:
poorgriz said:
Missoula223 said:
kemajic said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

This discussion has absolutely nothing with how much better Oregon is than the griz and how much they're going to destroy you. We all know that's a given. The discussion is around whether or not injuries to your players are more likely when you're playing Oregon versus say a Monmouth or North Alabama. I'd say the latter. One final point here, and I'm really surprised PR of all people doesn't know this but the size discrepancy of the players is probably not nearly as much as you think it is. I had this argument with a buddy and we looked it up and compared the starting line up for MSU with the NE Patriots and the players were basically the same size across the board. Not my fault if Hauck recruits shrimps :lol:

Reading some of the brilliant comments about how Oregon will beat up on our little players, we better stay home. Haslam has the right idea scheduling Dixie State for four games as we won’t have any injuries. Right? What do you think 223?

Spanky2 said:
Reading some of the brilliant comments about how Oregon will beat up on our little players, we better stay home. Haslam has the right idea scheduling Dixie State for four games as we won’t have any injuries. Right? What do you think 223?

Dude I swear we've been over this. Who will likely win between Oregon and UM? Why?

And yes he has the right idea, because Dixie St. isn't very good, but they're going to be FCS. FCS wins increase playoff chances. Do I need to continue to dumb this down for you?

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

You mean the guy who was injured at Kentucky, and the guy who injured his lower leg when a big guy tackled and fell on him. Was that lack of intensity on someone's party. Answer: no it wasn't. Just an accident.

And just ask Josh Swogger and Tyson, the punter, and the others who got hurt at Iowa. And the linebacker who got hurt at Oregon and was not the same the rest of the season. And the guys injured at Wyo. years ago, which some coaches and others believed kept UM from winning the national championship.
And those are the only injuries we've suffered in that time span, right? Swogger in 2006; what was it a finger? Anecdotes are interesting, but you still fail to offer any credible data to support your claim. When it's against a cupcake it's an "accident", but when it's against an FBS foe it's because they are so much faster and stronger. No, an accident was the case of Josh Buss, hurting himself seriously lifting. Smacks of narrative, probably because you just don't like to play up.

First I've heard of anyone suggesting the 9-5 2014 team was NC caliber if not for the toll taken at Wyoming, who was only good enough to barely win the game.

If playing "up" causes injuries shouldn't it logically follow that lots of players of our 2nd, 3rd teams, and the rest of those players waiting in the wings, be injured more time than they are healthy. I mean don't they play "up" every practice?

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

And those are the only injuries we've suffered in that time span, right? Swogger in 2006; what was it a finger? Anecdotes are interesting, but you still fail to offer any credible data to support your claim. When it's against a cupcake it's an "accident", but when it's against an FBS foe it's because they are so much faster and stronger. No, an accident was the case of Josh Buss, hurting himself seriously lifting. Smacks of narrative, probably because you just don't like to play up.

First I've heard of anyone suggesting the 9-5 2014 team was NC caliber if not for the toll taken at Wyoming, who was only good enough to barely win the game.

Not sure they were a contender @ seasons end, but they were ranked #5 going in & #4 for quite a stretch of games. Besides the upset, the next best showing against UNDSU was coming within 12 & only down 2 @ the half. Was this the year they couldn’t recover the onsides kick versus EWU?

Three teams @ 6-2 in the conference - had Mick not changed the offense the year prior with JJ leading things. Who knows?

Missoula223 said:
Spanky2 said:

Dude I swear we've been over this. Who will likely win between Oregon and UM? Why?

And yes he has the right idea, because Dixie St. isn't very good, but they're going to be FCS. FCS wins increase playoff chances. Do I need to continue to dumb this down for you?
He, no doubt, has the right idea because Dixie State has a great football tradition! Haslam’s Statement, not mine. Were we discussing playoffs in the context of injuries? Oh, I get it now......the Griz should play little, weak, slow teams so we make the playoffs.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

First, UM doesn't play up and play the big teams very often. No, these were just a few that came to mind. There are multiple other examples.

Swogger broke his thumb his throwing hand. That's huge injury. Missed one game, I think, and played with a special glove after that for awhile. The punter went out for the season. Huge.

Yes, players get hurt in different ways. However, that's not the topic. The topic is players getting hurt more when UM plays up, especially against top teams. Bigger, faster, stronger, against smaller, slower, less strong players leads to more injuries.

I wasn't referring to the 2014 team. Note the words "years ago".

Show me that the data that proves your point. You no data either, and less anecdotes. Over the years, I have heard this from multiple coaches and multiple athletic directors.

I don't care if the Griz play up. I just don't have an orgasm over an FBS game, like some of you. I've gone to one away FBS game of UM over the years, and that was because I was invited to go on the team charter to Iowa. That was totally cool.

sdk.catfish said:
If playing "up" causes injuries shouldn't it logically follow that lots of players of our 2nd, 3rd teams, and the rest of those players waiting in the wings, be injured more time than they are healthy. I mean don't they play "up" every practice?

Horrible comparison. 95 percent of college practices are tag or thud tempo. If you don’t know that that is, or didn’t know this to be the case you have no credibility when talking about anything football related.

sdk.catfish said:

Nope and nope. Practice is not the same as playing in games. If you'd ever played the game, you might have known that. And 2d teamers playing against 1st teasers is not like playing up against Oregon and Washington in full speed games.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

First, UM doesn't play up and play the big teams very often. No, these were just a few that came to mind. There are multiple other examples.

Swogger broke his thumb his throwing hand. That's huge injury. Missed one game, I think, and played with a special glove after that for awhile. The punter went out for the season. Huge.

Yes, players get hurt in different ways. However, that's not the topic. The topic is players getting hurt more when UM plays up, especially against top teams. Bigger, faster, stronger, against smaller, slower, less strong players leads to more injuries.

I wasn't referring to the 2014 team. Note the words "years ago".

Show me that the data that proves your point. You no data either, and less anecdotes. Over the years, I have heard this from multiple coaches and multiple athletic directors.

I don't care if the Griz play up. I just don't have an orgasm over an FBS game, like some of you. I've gone to one away FBS game of UM over the years, and that was because I was invited to go on the team charter to Iowa. That was totally cool.

Less anecdotes? There are literally HUNDREDS of players who’ve played up for the Griz, and THOUSANDS who have played up in the FCS without getting injured....there are lots more “anedotes AGAINST your argument than for it, bro. Ha.

by PlayerRep » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 pm
And 2d teamers playing against 1st teasers is not like playing up against Oregon and Washington in full speed games.

So your saying that the 1st and 2nd teams aren't going full speed in practice? And I was told Hauck was a taskmaster. If that is the case it might explain 6-5. Sure glad you go to practice so that you can tell us these important "facts".

Raider said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Just ask Reese Phillips.

I completely disagree, but what difference does it make. This mentality is how the Griz have approached these games historically and they are down 3 touchdowns before they get off the bus.

...funny how this is never an issue with NDSU, EWU, etc.

Maybe in a couple years they can get to the level of NDSU and EWU.

Back