• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Future Griz Ryder Meyer Dominates

HookedonGriz

DONOR
The Class B All Star Game. Good write up on him here

http://406mtsports.com/high-school/football/ryder-on-the-storm-north-takes-down-south-behind-fairfield/article_4657ea8d-9d9c-5ba5-ae05-82b985078c53.html?utm_content=buffer19973&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC#anchor_item_1

HookedonGriz said:

http://406mtsports.com/high-school/football/ryder-on-the-storm-north-takes-down-south-behind-fairfield/article_4657ea8d-9d9c-5ba5-ae05-82b985078c53.html?utm_content=buffer19973&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC#anchor_item_1
Quite a sportswriter on the picture captions. Doesn't know the difference between a block and a tackle.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:

Quite a sportswriter on the picture captions. Doesn't know the difference between a block and a tackle.

Noticed that, too. I thought it was a mistake on the first picture, but then it kept happening. Not confident in their sports-writing abilities when they don't know that difference...

While I can’t speak from personal experience with 406 Sports, I can tell from having worked briefly at a newspaper that headlines and photo captions are usually handled by someone other than the article writer. They manage to get three of the four right - so perhaps there’s hope.

bgbigdog said:
While I can’t speak from personal experience with 406 Sports, I can tell from having worked briefly at a newspaper that headlines and photo captions are usually handled by someone other than the article writer. They manage to get three of the four right - so perhaps there’s hope.

That is (or at least was when my wife was in the biz) standard for almost all reporting. The reporters don't do the photo captions or headlines.

Missoula223 said:
No disrespect to Mr. Meyer but I don’t know that he’s 175 dripping wet :D
He's about Dickenson size. Gabe Sulser is 5'9" 161. He's a D1 football player.

Copper Griz said:
Missoula223 said:

Maybe he chose the wrong school? Would likely be a 4 year starter at QB in Bozeman.

Meyer is going to be a safety. One of 4 or 5 freshman safeties they are bringing in. He’s a hard hitter for sure might be similar player to Robby Hauck. Not amazing in pass coverage but will step up in box with no fear.

dayday said:
Copper Griz said:
Missoula223 said:

Maybe he chose the wrong school? Would likely be a 4 year starter at QB in Bozeman.

Meyer is going to be a safety. One of 4 or 5 freshman safeties they are bringing in. He’s a hard hitter for sure might be similar player to Robby Hauck. Not amazing in pass coverage but will step up in box with no fear.

I only count 3 freshman safeties. Who are the other 2? (Gradney was recruited as a corner).

Not listed on roster yet but Marcus Hee and Caine Fitiusia-Fung are both Safties from Hawaii, I think Caine will play LB though

dayday said:
Copper Griz said:
Missoula223 said:

You mean he will be a safety because Hauck actually recruits D1 caliber QB’s? Hmm interesting concept.

Back