• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shocker

garizzalies said:
“What we’ve really got to do is make up for lost time,” Choate said. “We only got about eight real practices in during spring ball and it was really difficult for receivers and quarterbacks to develop timing and consistency.

“I think that’s got to be a huge emphasis — that skill development and that timing between our skill players. And the camaraderie, the chemistry, is a huge piece

Who was the jackass C.A.T.roll who kept assuring us that Choach could give a shit about spring ball?

You're going to be far more specific than that, garriz.

garizzalies said:
fourth Week 1 starting quarterback in as many seasons
This is the real shocker. We always hear how awesome of a recruiter Choach is.
Really? Why can’t he recruit the most important position? After 4yrs! Could it be that janky offense in sloppy Blowsmen? Or does he just suck?

It’s also weird how Oceans8 was able to stay on the roster and participate with the team even though he has not been eligible for over a year. I get that he did not have a scholly but he got other perks roster people get, like access to the team and facilities. How does that work? Sounds like special treatment to me, and way worse than hotdogs.

Another head scratcher, didn’t O’s8 graduate HS early? Did choach just assume that meant he was smart?

I don't know, you better alert the NCAA. I'm guessing there is no way anyone at MSU did any research on whether or not a guy could practice at QB for them, you just might be on to something.

CatzWillRise said:
there is no way anyone at MSU did any research on whether or not a guy could practice at QB
Yes that does seem to be Choaches’ recruiting strategy for the position

y7a1a.jpg

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
retiredpopo said:
Really is too bad. Some kids no matter how hard they study just have trouble academically.

This is true, but this really wasn't the issue with CM though.

What was the issue?

He shouldn't have been in and stayed with engineering. You realize that's what attracts football players to MSU?

:lol:
Of course.

Entitlement mentality and lack of character. Couldn't devote himself for the last year to getting great grades to up his seemingly bottomless GPA. Which makes me wonder WHY it wasn't noticed until after his third semester that his grades sucked. He was a P.E. Major. Look at the classes required in the first two years for Kinesiology! His lack of effort seems to be the reason he is gone. OMG! he actually had to become what he had not been before, a student. Not willing to compete had nothing to do with it, IMO. We all have seen the 'lack of willingness to compete' when Gresch left.

This really bums me out. No, that is not a sarcastic statement. Really sad when you see a young person throw away opportunities in life. He likely does not understand how competitive the world is and that he made a tremendous mistake not applying himself. Young males often have a tough time understanding consequences and the implications of their actions. He may fall in this category. As a previous poster mentioned - a college degree is not everything, but it sure makes things easier when applying for opportunities. I take no pleasure in seeing him or any other kid wash out.

“It may seem logical that those aged 18 to 25 are completely mature, the brain still is maturing – specifically the area known as the “prefrontal cortex.” Changes occurring between ages 18 and 25 are essentially a continued process of brain development that started during puberty. When you’re 18, you’re roughly halfway through the entire stage of development. The prefrontal cortex doesn’t have nearly the functional capacity at age 18 as it does at 25.

This means that some people may have major struggles with impulsive decisions and planning behavior to reach a goal. The brain’s reward system tends to reach a high level of activation during puberty, then gradually drifts back to normal activation when a person reaches roughly the age of 25. Adults over the age of 25 tend to feel less sensitive to the influence of peer pressure and have a much easier time handling it.”

All this news means to me is that mr. all world Troy Anderson is gonna have to play about four positions--on both sides of the ball--throughout the whole game. And stay healthy. And stay relevant. Maybe he can even coach a little on the side. Murray never was a "student athlete". Wish him a good life and hope he can enroll at a JC somewhere and find a career.

Murry was the best athlete on the team other than Troy Anderson. And he was a way better QB than Troy. With Murry I would have predicted a 10 win season with them. With Rovig or Bauman they will top out at 6. With Troy at QB they will be somewhere in between. Their defense is strong with good depth. I predict Andersen back at QB.

indian-outlaw said:
Murry was the best athlete on the team other than Troy Anderson. And he was a way better QB than Troy. With Murry I would have predicted a 10 win season with them. With Rovig or Bauman they will top out at 6. With Troy at QB they will be somewhere in between. Their defense is strong with good depth. I predict Andersen back at QB.

Uh, no. With that defense, OL, and RBs, I could prob QB them to 6 wins and I'm 47, fat, and I suck. Passing numbers will be the best since Choate arrived. 8-4 or 9-3.

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Uh, no. With that defense, OL, and RBs, I could prob QB them to 6 wins and I'm 47, fat, and I suck. Passing numbers will be the best since Choate arrived. 8-4 or 9-3.

Especially when you consider strength of schedule. 8-4 is probably the worst case scenario, unless they sustain major injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Teams are not going to be able run on the kittens. There are only a few items that would concern me if I were one of their fans. Their secondary being one. QB obviously and the lack of institutional control as well. Yes - I said it. Choate brought KI In because there was some funny business with his staff. BH has none of that and the Griz coaching staff has their poop in a group. Not so sure that is the case in Bozo.

Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Especially when you consider strength of schedule. 8-4 is probably the worst case scenario, unless they sustain major injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Teams are not going to be able run on the kittens. There are only a few items that would concern me if I were one of their fans. Their secondary being one. QB obviously and the lack of institutional control as well. Yes - I said it. Choate brought KI In because there was some funny business with his staff. BH has none of that and the Griz coaching staff has their poop in a group. Not so sure that is the case in Bozo.

I agree with everything you say here except about KI. Choate fired TG because he needs a dominant defense, period. NDSU trucked us, and Choate adopted a new theme, "never again". He believe KI will be a significant upgrade. We'll see.

mtgrizfankb said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
retiredpopo said:
Really is too bad. Some kids no matter how hard they study just have trouble academically.

This is true, but this really wasn't the issue with CM though.

What was the issue?

He didn’t value himself and his worth. He had no desire to push himself. Didn’t want to get a leg up on society with his education. Now not only did he take a step back but the also now is a quitter on himself. Doesn’t look very good to perspective employers

As someone who had to make multiple passes at college before things clicked, this statement is both real and silly. Real in that he didn’t value himself (that’s a thing. A real thing. Remember Ellis Henderson?), but silly for the rest. I for sure was not ready emotionally, psychologically, or mature enough to start college right out of high school. Because of this I had some real setbacks, most of which were self inflicted. This has a snowball effect. It changes you and saps your willingness to continue. Sometimes even your will to live.

It’s not about being a quitter. Sometimes you have to take a step back and evaluate what you should do, find your path, set your priorities. Maybe his doesn’t include football. From personal experience, I had to take a step away from college to get my head screwed on straight. It took me 5 years of struggling and soul searching to figure out what my issues were and what I needed to do to get myself together. Now I have a degree, a family, and some moderate success. The main difference is I had the luxury of doing it privately and not in the public eye where people in glass houses throw stones.

Excellent post PDX. CM is a good kid. Nobody knows what he's dealing with. He'll probably look back and have serious regrets about these decisions he's making as a teenager. Certainly does nobody any good for posters calling him out here as entitled, or a slacker, or lazy, or whatever.

poorgriz said:
Excellent post PDX. CM is a good kid. Nobody knows what he's dealing with. He'll probably look back and have serious regrets about these decisions he's making as a teenager. Certainly does nobody any good for posters calling him out here as entitled, or a slacker, or lazy, or whatever.

All that said, I can’t imagine a scenario where one cannot remain eligible as a PE major at a state school, even if the mob is cutting off limbs, unless one doesn’t want to. Anyone who posts here could audit those classes with passing grades with minimal effort. Dude didn’t want to. Safe travels.

poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

I agree with everything you say here except about KI. Choate fired TG because he needs a dominant defense, period. NDSU trucked us, and Choate adopted a new theme, "never again". He believe KI will be a significant upgrade. We'll see.

You are finally right about something. After your up-coming 2-10, best case 3-9 season, NDSU will not truck you this year and given the Cats history probably never again.

poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Yeah, that's why he fired em :lol:. No sexual scandal involved what so ever.

poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

There was a lot of trucking going on in KI's first run as co-DC. I hope Choate has watched that film. Gregorak was an established DC with a positive track record, including against Montana. The transformation of MSU D during his tenure was remarkable. KI not so much. More to it because it is clear to no one balanced that KI will be an upgrade.

tourist said:
I like good news like this. Made my day. :thumb:
Kinesiology Major, $10 word for P.E. Major. Any of us who went to college know the first two years classes aren't terribly tough, yet he dug himself a hole so deep that he couldn't get out. Drops out a year ago to concentrate on grades, yet...
As I recall last years posts on Murray, there weren't too many posters who thought he would ever wear a Bobscat uniform again. I was surprised to see him on the field this spring. Close, but no cigar.

So......gotta disagree here. My daughter just graduated from Texas Tech with a degree in Kinesiology. It’s MUCH more than a glorified “PE degree”. You sell a lot of people short who’ve successfully completed that degree.

Back