• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hero Pre Season All Americans

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Hero has rolled out their pre season All American list. Griz land 4 on first through third teams:

1st - Dante Olson at LB and Jace Lewis at special teams
2nd - Robby Hauck at safety
3rd - Sammy Akem at WR

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-hero-sports-preseason-all-american-team-ajaj

Akem & Gueller are top ten in the FCS, but any postseason acknowledgements will because their QB’s play really well. Somebody also missed on JLM, though that was they didn’t kick to him. Malik as well. He could have a monster season returning kicks.

HookedonGriz said:
I thought the list was pretty good. Akem will be higher than 3rd team when all said and done.

Yes. Yes he will. They totally missed on that one. Don’t think for a minute that Sneed is not paying attention to that list BTW.

A quick glance and I believe JMU and SDSU have the most with 6. Weber is next with 5. Ndsu and Griz both have 4. Cats have 3. EWU has 2. Maybe this proves the Griz are actually pretty talented? Lots of debate on that here, it seems.

HookedonGriz said:
A quick glance and I believe JMU and SDSU have the most with 6. Weber is next with 5. Ndsu and Griz both have 4. Cats have 3. EWU has 2. Maybe this proves the Griz are actually pretty talented? Lots of debate on that here, it seems.

This class of recruits for Bobby is very talented. (Still have to play on the field 1st) The current Griz players are limited to a few very talented and some that are just talented. The majority are just players.

No offensive linemen? WTF?

I guess these guys don't know about Griz o-line weight gains, strength advances, performances in spring practices and scrimmages, and what coaches are saying. Christ - the Griz have underclassmen pushing the returning veterans for playing time. Surely there's an AA somewhere on the roster. Swing and a miss by these clowns.

SoldierGriz said:

I guess these guys don't know about Griz o-line weight gains, strength advances, performances in spring practices and scrimmages, and what coaches are saying. Christ - the Griz have underclassmen pushing the returning veterans for playing time. Surely there's an AA somewhere on the roster. Swing and a miss by these clowns.

Been a lot more AA appearances from this fan base over the last few years due to oline play....I can tell you that.

SoldierGriz said:

Your posts crack me up every time. Kudos.

by reinell30 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm

This class of recruits for Bobby is very talented. (Still have to play on the field 1st) The current Griz players are limited to a few very talented and some that are just talented. The majority are just players.

Reinell,
Could you please elaborate on your opinion that this class of recruits is "very talented". The only criteria for ranking this recruiting class I can find is Hero - https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-recruiting-top-50-fcs-teams-rankings-ajaj - which doesn't list UM in the top 50 (MSU is listed as 40) and some other BSC schools are ranked higher. Personally I have been critical of Hauck's 2019 class for precisely the reasons you list for previous classes - a few very talented, some with some talent and the rest just practice fodder. Also I have been quite critical of the 2019 overall size - see Hero's NDSU comments. Additionally I think the hype about the late signers is just that. I mean when you are apparently only competing for a corner back against UT Martin either Hauck and the UT Martin Coach have some sort of gift of prescience or other coaches just aren't making the same call (although UT Martin's schedule playing Florida and Kentucky at their houses probably wasn't a real selling point). Still, I would like to know what you are basing your opinion on and what I'm missing beyond fan hype.

sdk.catfish said:

Reinell,
Could you please elaborate on your opinion that this class of recruits is "very talented". The only criteria for ranking this recruiting class I can find is Hero - https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-recruiting-top-50-fcs-teams-rankings-ajaj - which doesn't list UM in the top 50 (MSU is listed as 40) and some other BSC schools are ranked higher. Personally I have been critical of Hauck's 2019 class for precisely the reasons you list for previous classes - a few very talented, some with some talent and the rest just practice fodder. Also I have been quite critical of the 2019 overall size - see Hero's NDSU comments. Additionally I think the hype about the late signers is just that. I mean when you are apparently only competing for a corner back against UT Martin either Hauck and the UT Martin Coach have some sort of gift of prescience or other coaches just aren't making the same call (although UT Martin's schedule playing Florida and Kentucky at their houses probably wasn't a real selling point). Still, I would like to know what you are basing your opinion on and what I'm missing beyond fan hype.

The new corner was getting recruited by Oregon St too. He was all region JUCO out of Cali as well which is legit JUCO ball. Why don’t you give him a chance before you have a bitch fit.

sdk.catfish said:

Reinell,

You don't have a clue. You know nothing about Griz football and nothing about football. You don't come to practices, and probably don't attend games either. You don't know the coaches or any players. Feel free to be critical all you want, but no one, as far as I can tell, cares what you think about Griz football or anything else. Personally, I think you are an idiot and a jerk. Just my opinion.

sdk.catfish said:

Reinell,
You troll a lot and bash Bobby and the Griz on a frequent basis. I can tell you that Hauck and company recruit and work as hard as any coaching staff in the country. BH hates to lose and has a competitive personality like few possess. I will put my faith in him and his previous record at U of M. It may take a few years for the Griz to actually return to dominance, but until it happens then you can keep clicking on your keys and making snarky comments.

Copper Griz said:
sdk.catfish said:

Reinell,
You troll a lot and bash Bobby and the Griz on a frequent basis. I can tell you that Hauck and company recruit and work as hard as any coaching staff in the country. BH hates to lose and has a competitive personality like few possess. I will put my faith in him and his previous record at U of M. It may take a few years for the Griz to actually return to dominance, but until that happens you can keep clicking on your keys and making snarky comments. Everyone knows your game

sdk.catfish said:

Reinell,

#1 I stated, to show they are Very Talented, they have to see the field and prove it.
#2 I claim they are vey talented just for the simple reason that Bobby and HIS staff recruited them! Bobby's record speaks loudly for itself and if you can't see that, well?
#3 not every class of recruits have 100% stars in the class, not for us not for any team. Are there other players out there that Bobby wanted, absolutely, but he did get (on paper) some very talented young men!
#4 Bobby told me, last years team just wasn't very good, how many coaches will admit that? He knows what he is doing and I have 100% confidence in him and his staff to put the best players on the field. If a player doesn't measure up to his standards, they won't play and will soon be replaced. His standard of player is much higher caliber then a Stitt, Pflugrad, or Delaney. This is something you have to come to grips with.
#5 I will not call a player out by name as to who is or who isn't Very Talented on a message board, I leave that to others.

Hero Sports is a joke, especially its recruiting class rankings. 3 of top 7 in Ivies. 5 of top 17 in Ivies. I played in the Ivies and love the Ivies, but there is no way that much talent is going there. Hero has ranked Harvard high each of the past 4 years, including no. 1 this year and one other year. Harvard was 4-3 in the Ivies, and 3d, last year. Sorry, but the team with the top overall recruiting in FCS in past 4 years is going to be able to be better than 4-3 in the Ivies. Even NDS would probably finish at least 2d in the Ivies, even though Hero thinks Harvard has had overall better recruiting than NDS in the past 4 years.

I'm ok with some of you ragging on me for my opinion of Hauck's 2019 recruiting results (not effort as I'm sure his staff put that in). The only evidence that I can find for comparing UM with the other schools recruiting is Hero sports. If there are other comparisons or rankings out there that show a different picture then please post them. Right now, besides Hero, I only have EGriz fan speak and second hand coach speak related by, you guessed it, EGriz posters who claim to have inside info. Coaches and fans are a lot like politicians and seldom speak (or even know) the whole truth even if they mean well. Sorry but I didn't invent the term RTD and find it about as worthless as DOLA because stupid acronyms don't win games. But if Hauck's program's recruiting is being judged in comparison to other programs, even if it is Hero sports doing the comparison, not being one of the top 50 classes in FCS should be concerning. That would appear to be a rough and rocky road back to dominance. It should live inside the heads of even the most biased of fans, that dominance may be more far more elusive that some of you think and may not happen all.

If the mods wanted to move this to a new "2019 Recruiting Class opinions" it might be more appropriate.

reinell30 said:
sdk.catfish said:

Reinell,

#1 I stated, to show they are Very Talented, they have to see the field and prove it.
#2 I claim they are vey talented just for the simple reason that Bobby and HIS staff recruited them! Bobby's record speaks loudly for itself and if you can't see that, well?
#3 not every class of recruits have 100% stars in the class, not for us not for any team. Are there other players out there that Bobby wanted, absolutely, but he did get (on paper) some very talented young men!
#4 Bobby told me, last years team just wasn't very good, how many coaches will admit that? He knows what he is doing and I have 100% confidence in him and his staff to put the best players on the field. If a player doesn't measure up to his standards, they won't play and will soon be replaced. His standard of player is much higher caliber then a Stitt, Pflugrad, or Delaney. This is something you have to come to grips with.
#5 I will not call a player out by name as to who is or who isn't Very Talented on a message board, I leave that to others.

#2 15w - 49l at unlv; 6w - 5l at um in the new, easier big sky, so in the last decade or so, bobby hauck's glorious head coaching record is 21 - 54.

Back