• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019/2020 Schedule

flatheadgriz406 said:
Might have to make a trip over for this one.
[media]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1119201476499447810[/media]

I smell another trip from San Antonio to Seattle for a Griz game....only this one we actually have a shot at winning!

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/2019/05/16/sunday-conversation-travis-decuire-stays-um-fight-fight-montana-grizzlies/3687417002/

In this article, DeCuire says he already has 2 PAC-12 schools and 1 SEC school on next years schedule, and that he only has room for 1 non division 1 game next season.

Playing Washington and

TD said most Pac-12 teams won't play them so they have to recycle the same ones.

So UCLA, Arizona or Oregon

My guess is the makeup Fire game vs. UCLA

Wow... two Pac 12 schools and a possible total of 5 games against high major schools. Thanks for posting the GF Trib link, UMFan12.

UMFan12 said:
https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/2019/05/16/sunday-conversation-travis-decuire-stays-um-fight-fight-montana-grizzlies/3687417002/

In this article, DeCuire says he already has 2 PAC-12 schools and 1 SEC school on next years schedule, and that he only has room for 1 non division 1 game next season.

Washington, Stanford, and Arkansas

Nothing earthshaking in the interview, but TDC did indicate he stayed because of the support from administration and the building on what has already been accomplished, which is impressive. He stated there needs to be more built on what has already been accomplished, as with any successful team, at least when it comes to production at the Dance. And, that he likes winning. I think he has high aspirations for the Griz, and thinks he can take them higher than they have ever gone before. A look at his recruits supports this belief. Makes my prior 'delusion' seem ever more likely. His efforts to get games with the 'real big boys' all the more relevant. The next year or two should be interesting, to say the least. If successful, he may come out on top of Jud in Griz history. As we all know, Jud attended all Gonzaga games to his last days. Maybe, just maybe, TDC will make the big time come to him, and Montana.

tourist said:
Nothing earthshaking in the interview, but TDC did indicate he stayed because of the support from administration and the building on what has already been accomplished, which is impressive. He stated there needs to be more built on what has already been accomplished, as with any successful team, at least when it comes to production at the Dance. And, that he likes winning. I think he has high aspirations for the Griz, and thinks he can take them higher than they have ever gone before. A look at his recruits supports this belief. Makes my prior 'delusion' seem ever more likely. His efforts to get games with the 'real big boys' all the more relevant. The next year or two should be interesting, to say the least. If successful, he may come out on top of Jud in Griz history. As we all know, Jud attended all Gonzaga games to his last days. Maybe, just maybe, TDC will make the big time come to him, and Montana.

As we all know, Jud probably never went to a GONZAGA game in his life unless he was coaching against them....and, Jud is still alive and breathing so his last days are still ahead of him....Do you ever check before you post?

sacstateman said:
tourist said:

As we all know, Jud probably never went to a GONZAGA game in his life unless he was coaching against them....and, Jud is still alive and breathing so his last days are still ahead of him....Do you ever check before you post?

Heathcote died in 2017.

"One of the first things Heathcote did after retiring to Spokane in 1995 was purchase season tickets to Gonzaga basketball games. He soon became a familiar face at Zags practices and open gyms and an advisor and mentor to Gonzaga coaches, Monson (1997-1999) and Mark Few (1999-2017).

“Jud was first and foremost a good and loyal friend to me,” Few said Tuesday. “He was also a great mentor to me and a large number of coaches who leaned on him in good times and tough times. He taught me that you could win at the highest level and still abide by all the rules and keep your core values intact. He was a fierce guardian of our game and stood for what was right. He also had an incredible sense of humor and delivery that could capture a room, and it is all those laughs together that I will remember the most.”

PlayerRep said:
sacstateman said:
tourist said:

Heathcote died in 2017.

"One of the first things Heathcote did after retiring to Spokane in 1995 was purchase season tickets to Gonzaga basketball games. He soon became a familiar face at Zags practices and open gyms and an advisor and mentor to Gonzaga coaches, Monson (1997-1999) and Mark Few (1999-2017).

“Jud was first and foremost a good and loyal friend to me,” Few said Tuesday. “He was also a great mentor to me and a large number of coaches who leaned on him in good times and tough times. He taught me that you could win at the highest level and still abide by all the rules and keep your core values intact. He was a fierce guardian of our game and stood for what was right. He also had an incredible sense of humor and delivery that could capture a room, and it is all those laughs together that I will remember the most.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you, PR. You were saying, sacstateman?

sacstateman said:

Are you stupid?

Chill, dude! You are hardly the only one who has posted something on this site that he later regretted. You aren't the first, and you won't be the last. :thumb: PR did a nice piece on Heathcote's impact on Gonzaga, though. :clap:

mtgrizrule said:
UMFan12 said:

I hope you are right

Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:
UMFan12 said:

I hope you are right

It is 100% accurate. Coach Cobb gave that information at the Ronan GSA event to those attending. Separate from that, they only have a few games left to set the 2019/20 basketball schedule. Usually DeCuire has the schedule finalized just after the GRIZ summer camps. We will have North Dakota or NDSU (can't remember which one) and Texas Southern visiting Missoula this year too.

sacstateman said:
tourist said:

"Do as I say,not as I do" kinda of guy,eh? This is my nomination for "worst post of the year".

Back