• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Badlands Bowl

Richard Cranium

Vim or anyone else in the know what’s your thoughts on the Rosters of Montana and ND team. Montana is once again undersized no one over 265 while ND has 8 players 265 and 3 that are 300 and bigger. Montana averages 24 point wins in their 19 wins. ND has only 1 win of double digits and 2 wins of 9 points and the other 3 wins are of 7,3,2 points. So obviously the salty Montana boys are not intimidated by the ND size. The only player on the ND team that had an impressive highlight video was the Fargo QB. I’ve attended most of these game in ND and Miles City, it’s a great event.

Offense
QB

Kris Brown Bozeman 6'4" 210
Blake Thelen Great Falls High 6'3" 195
RB
Blake Counts Kalispell Flathead 5'11" 205
Joe Olson Bozeman 6' 200
WR
Jesse Owens Billings West 5'9" 175
Noah Ambuehl Great Falls Central 6'3" 225
Ryan Ortt Missoula Sentinel
Camron Rothie Hamilton
Kyle Torgerson Great Falls High
TE
Anthony Jones Kalispell Flathead
Center
Justis Perlans Bozeman 6' 245
Maverick Roberts Billings Central 6' 235
Guard
Sebastin Koch Kalispell Flathead 6'2" 240
Nico Young Kalispell Glacier 6'1" 250
Tackle
Holden Sampson Helena High
Sam Gray Billings Central 6'7" 220
Andrew Siderius Kalispell Flathead 6'4" 250

Defense
DL

Patrick Hammond Kalispell Flathead
Ethan Baines Kalispell Glacier 6'2" 200
Conner Paul Billings West 6'1" 250
Marcus Wehr Billings Central 6'3" 225
LB
JJ Lindsay Billings West 5'10" 190
Hu Edward Billings West
Alex Johnson Helena High 6'2" 185
Wes Jameson Lewistown 6'2" 200
Max Evenson Billings Senior 6'2" 205
DB
Trevin Gradney Billings West 6' 175
Ryder Meyer Fairfield
Chrishon Dixon Billings Central 6' 160
Kade Wilcox Billings West 5'11" 185
Wyatt Brusven Shelby 5'11" 170
Jaden MacNeil Kalispell Flathead 5'9" 160
Zach Spiroff Helena High 5'9" 165
Lucas Gibb Billings West 6'2" 175

VimSince03 said:
'68griz said:
Are only kids from the big schools allowed?

The coaches hand select the rosters for the Badlands Bowl.

And the coaches are all from the A and AA schools? Oh, I am being facetious, but it does seem that the B and C kids sometimes get short shrift.

'68griz said:
VimSince03 said:
'68griz said:

And the coaches are all from the A and AA schools? Oh, I am being facetious, but it does seem that the B and C kids sometimes get short shrift.
Understatement

'68griz said:
VimSince03 said:
'68griz said:

Oh I definitely agree. The head coach is from a AA school then he picks his assistants from all four levels.

Correct me if I am wrong, for I am certainly no expert by any means, but isn't the main purpose of the Badlands Bowl to have Montana's highest level of talent on the field against North Dakota's best? I would assume, only from knowledge gained while watching Montana football at all levels for over 50 years now, that the caliber of football played at the AA and A levels is generally a notch above that of the lower classes. This is not to say that there aren't a few kids in the lower classes that could easily play AA or A ball. It has always been, and continues to be, my personal feeling that this is a correct assumption. Consequently it makes sense to this fan, that there are a lot more A and AA players in this particular game, as opposed to say the East-West Shrine game which is Montana players against Montana players which results in a better showcase of the players from all classes.

They should get this game out of Miles City. Host it in Missoula, maybe show these North Dakota kids some things they've never seen before, like mountains and trees. Might land a prospect.

griz4life said:
They should get this game out of Miles City. Host it in Missoula, maybe show these North Dakota kids some things they've never seen before, like mountains and trees. Might land a prospect.
Bad idea; advantage MSU; better mountains.

griz4life said:

Well the name is the Badlands Bowl. I can in no way consider Missoula the "badlands".

cclarkblues said:
griz4life said:

Well the name is the Badlands Bowl. I can in no way consider Missoula the "badlands".
Two Miles City brothers were the ones that started this series. They are the ones that put in the work to put it together annually. It would make no sense for ND people to have it Missoula or for MT to have it in Fargo. Miles City and Dickinson are the right places to play the game and the communities both do a great job of hosting it.

UncleRico said:
cclarkblues said:
griz4life said:

Two Miles City brothers were the ones that started this series. They are the ones that put in the work to put it together annually. It would make no sense for ND people to have it Missoula or for MT to have it in Fargo. Miles City and Dickinson are the right places to play the game and the communities both do a great job of hosting it.

^This.

stilwtrgrizz said:
Correct me if I am wrong, for I am certainly no expert by any means, but isn't the main purpose of the Badlands Bowl to have Montana's highest level of talent on the field against North Dakota's best? I would assume, only from knowledge gained while watching Montana football at all levels for over 50 years now, that the caliber of football played at the AA and A levels is generally a notch above that of the lower classes. This is not to say that there aren't a few kids in the lower classes that could easily play AA or A ball. It has always been, and continues to be, my personal feeling that this is a correct assumption. Consequently it makes sense to this fan, that there are a lot more A and AA players in this particular game, as opposed to say the East-West Shrine game which is Montana players against Montana players which results in a better showcase of the players from all classes.

Need to get Vim to pick the MT roster :D

There are plenty of kids who have the opportunity to play in this all-star game as well as others, but some coaches only want their recruits to play in one all-star game. My guess is those that are missing from the list for this game chose the Shrine game to play in.

Blake Counts is out at RB and the kid from Glacier is in. How much of a drop off is this for the Montana squad? I’m think there is a couple other changes but can’t remember which players.

Richard Cranium said:
Blake Counts is out at RB and the kid from Glacier is in. How much of a drop off is this for the Montana squad? I’m think there is a couple other changes but can’t remember which players.

I'll have the roster breakdown up sometime this week. I'll walk through the changes, breakdown the roster, and predict the final score.

Back