• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Damian Lillard

UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:
Trivia questions. Who has the best NBA career 3-pt shooting percentage?

Who was the best NBA career 3-pt shooting percentage? Steph and Seth Curry?

I cheated and googled it. Steve Kerr? wow. He didn't shoot often but was usually wide open. Helps to play on same team as Jordan and Pippen. Speaking of Kerr..he summarized it best with this.

“Just watching our guys and how talented they are and how talented Houston is, there’s no way I could have played in the NBA today,” Kerr said Monday during Game 1 of the WCF. “I came around at the right time, 20 years ago.”

Yup, and Seth has a higher percentage than Steph, I believe. I think they are 3 of the top 4, but don't recall for sure.

PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:

I cheated and googled it. Steve Kerr? wow. He didn't shoot often but was usually wide open. Helps to play on same team as Jordan and Pippen. Speaking of Kerr..he summarized it best with this.

“Just watching our guys and how talented they are and how talented Houston is, there’s no way I could have played in the NBA today,” Kerr said Monday during Game 1 of the WCF. “I came around at the right time, 20 years ago.”

Yup, and Seth has a higher percentage than Steph, I believe. I think they are 3 of the top 4, but don't recall for sure.
I could not imagine trying to figure out a way to defend the Warriors. Even without Durrant..then when he plays? They have so many weapons guys are going to get decent 3 point opportunities. I think there are other guys out there that if they played with teams loaded stars would have real high 3 point percentage numbers. Kemba Walker comes to mind. I would like to see where Purdue's Carsen Edwards ends up in draft. I love that kid. I think he could end up being deadly if he lands with right team.

UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:

I could not imagine trying to figure out a way to defend the Warriors. Even without Durrant..then when he plays? They have so many weapons guys are going to get decent 3 point opportunities. I think there are other guys out there that if they played with teams loaded stars would have real high 3 point percentage numbers. Kemba Walker comes to mind. I would like to see where Purdue's Carsen Edwards ends up in draft. I love that kid. I think he could end up being deadly if he lands with right team.

Everybody talks about the "Splash Brothers," but another possibly bigger key to their success is the "Mensa Brothers," Steve Kerr and Ron Adams, the assistant coach in charge of defense. Those guys together are a formidable combination, with such a bag of tricks--plays, defensive strategies, and overall basketball savvy. As one example: I'll bet the Warriors score on 80-90% of the in-bounds plays that Kerr has designed when they take the ball out under their own basket. Another: As good as Lillard and McCollum are--and they are elite level players--they're going to struggle in this series to get shots. Adams's defensive schemes are a large part of the reason the Warriors have built this dynasty.

citay said:
UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:

Everybody talks about the "Splash Brothers," but another possibly bigger key to their success is the "Mensa Brothers," Steve Kerr and Ron Adams, the assistant coach in charge of defense. Those guys together are a formidable combination, with such a bag of tricks--plays, defensive strategies, and overall basketball savvy. As one example: I'll bet the Warriors score on 80-90% of the in-bounds plays that Kerr has designed when they take the ball out under their own basket. Another: As good as Lillard and McCollum are--and they are elite level players--they're going to struggle in this series to get shots. Adams's defensive schemes are a large part of the reason the Warriors have built this dynasty.
very true. Klay Thompson doesn't get enough credit for being a great defender too.

UncleRico said:
citay said:
UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:

very true. Klay Thompson doesn't get enough credit for being a great defender too.

Klay Thompson, and the bench, were terrific last night, especially early in the 4th quarter. Thompson hit a lot of nice shots, and played well, and so did the bench. Kerr seemed to give them more minutes because they were doing well and keeping the lead up. It occurred to me that Thompson scores more and takes on a bigger scoring role, when he's the only big offensive player on the floor.

PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:
citay said:
UncleRico said:

Klay Thompson, and the bench, were terrific last night, especially early in the 4th quarter. Thompson hit a lot of nice shots, and played well, and so did the bench. Kerr seemed to give them more minutes because they were doing well and keeping the lead up. It occurred to me that Thompson scores more and takes on a bigger scoring role, when he's the only big offensive player on the floor.
He is an exceptional all around player. He doesn't get enough credit. Draymond Green is a great player also. I can't stand him..he is guy you hate unless he is on your team.

No way in hell could today's players keep up with the Houdini of the Hardwood.

7811-004-E4F2B741.jpg

AllWeatherFan said:
No way in hell could today's players keep up with the Houdini of the Hardwood.

7811-004-E4F2B741.jpg

I loved Cousy and all those guys in that era. I watched NBA basketball every weekend in the 60s, and some in late 50s. I had an older Dartmouth acquaintance who played with Cousy at Celtics for 2 years, before my friend quit to go to Harvard Business School. Was good friends with Cousy and I think roomed with him a year or so. They hung out with a guy who was the first black player drafted by the NBA. Drank alot of beer together and went to "black" music venues. My friend moved to Midland, Texas (center of Permian Basin), got into the oil business, and made a bazillion dollars. The basketball arena at Dartmouth is named after him. Pflu's daughter Amanda still works for the Celtics. It's about year 4 or longer for her.

garizzalies said:
Zirg said:
All ignorant ppl point to is points.

And in his very next post:

Zirg said:
George 28 ppg, Lillard 26 this year.

Touche! I knew I was setting myself up with that post, but I only needed to defend the position that George and Lillard were at least arguably "the best player to ever play in Dahlberg", which nobody can win, IMO.

UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:
citay said:

He is an exceptional all around player. He doesn't get enough credit. Draymond Green is a great player also. I can't stand him..he is guy you hate unless he is on your team.

I have a buddy who is a warrior die-hard and he still can't stand Draymond.

Lillard and teammates need to play defense better when up 17 in the third quarter. I respect his play and would agree he's the best BSC NBA player ever. He's made big shots to win big games but seems to get pretty lackadaisical on defense at times. Warriors showed more toughness, grit and fire getting back into the game and eventually wining it.

Watching Warriors scratch and claw reminded of watching Cherry and Jamar vs. Weber. Weber looked "cooler" and "smoother" but Griz seemed to get them in the biggest games.

Mousegriz said:
Lillard and teammates need to play defense better when up 17 in the third quarter. I respect his play and would agree he's the best BSC NBA player ever. He's made big shots to win big games but seems to get pretty lackadaisical on defense at times. Warriors showed more toughness, grit and fire getting back into the game and eventually wining it.

Watching Warriors scratch and claw reminded of watching Cherry and Jamar vs. Weber. Weber looked "cooler" and "smoother" but Griz seemed to get them in the biggest games.

Unfortunately, Golden State's experience is the prevailing factor. Portland needs to continue to gradually improve. They are another year or 2 away still. This Golden State team reminds me of the 90's Pistons with their experience. The Bulls took awhile to overcome them, but eventually did. The Bulls then went onto to accomplish historical greatness. Then again, there are very few greats like Michael Jordan.

Portland really let them one slip away. Can't imagine they'll be able to recover from that, except that they should at least know that they have the talent and ability to beat the Warriors withouth KD. Lilliard gets very nice compliments from the announcers. Best leader in NBA, or whatever they were saying.

Kerr said Portland outplayed the Warriors, but the Warriors played better in second half and played well at some important times. I enjoy Kerr's comments and honesty, and humor. I recall seeing him at Polson Hoopfest, walking around by himself looking very nondescript with baseball cap pulled low, seeming to be very short and slender. Would never have known who he was, had I not read that he'd be at Hoopfest. The "celebs" that Larry K used to invite to the event would stay with Larry at his house on Finley Point, and would be seen over the weekend. By the way, Larry K's old house is now owned by Todd Heap (or was as of a year or so ago). Pflu coached him in college AZ St and knows him.

PeauxRouge said:
UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:
UncleRico said:

I have a buddy who is a warrior die-hard and he still can't stand Draymond.

However, Draymond's no look to Iggy for the dunk in the 4th quarter last night was f@cking amazing.

PlayerRep said:
Portland really let them one slip away. Can't imagine they'll be able to recover from that, except that they should at least know that they have the talent and ability to beat the Warriors withouth KD. Lilliard gets very nice compliments from the announcers. Best leader in NBA, or whatever they were saying.

Kerr said Portland outplayed the Warriors, but the Warriors played better in second half and played well at some important times. I enjoy Kerr's comments and honesty, and humor. I recall seeing him at Polson Hoopfest, walking around by himself looking very nondescript with baseball cap pulled low, seeming to be very short and slender. Would never have known who he was, had I not read that he'd be at Hoopfest. The "celebs" that Larry K used to invite to the event would stay with Larry at his house on Finley Point, and would be seen over the weekend. By the way, Larry K's old house is now owned by Todd Heap (or was as of a year or so ago). Pflu coached him in college AZ St and knows him.

I'm not gonna lie - the way the game went the second half (outside of pretty much 1 player scoring just about all of teams points) and the end of the game....looked eerily familiar to another game that Lilliard played in college where he got stripped of the ball with a few seconds left. Wonder where I've seen that? :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Blazers lost three straight games where they led by over 15 in second half....two at home.....all three minus Durant and final game minus Durant and another key guy Iguadala.

Warriors wanted it more and it showed. Lillard and teammates need to show and play with more fire.

Back