• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Recruits Dominating on the Track

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Recent commit Jace Dewalt won the 300 hurdles today by a looooooot and Elias Dewaters won the 400 in a time of 53 secs. That’s moving! It was the first time he’s run the 400 :eek:

Oh and I know there has been rumors of Griz track stud Aidan Diggs playing football too. He took 3rd in the decathalon at the big sky championships. He’s just a freshman.

HookedonGriz said:
Oh and I know there has been rumors of Griz track stud Aidan Diggs playing football too. He took 3rd in the decathalon at the big sky championships. He’s just a freshman.

Yes... He is caught between a Track Scholly and wanting to play football. Tough decision for any student but especially an out of state one.

HookedonGriz said:
Recent commit Jace Dewalt won the 300 hurdles today by a looooooot and Elias Dewaters won the 400 in a time of 53 secs. That’s moving! It was the first time he’s run the 400 :eek:

Jace currently has the 8th best 300H time in the state. Elias' 400M time is okay for the first time running it but 53 seconds is not a state qualifying time and currently is outside the Top 30 in the state. However, his future Griz teammate, Trevin Gradney, is one of the top 400M runners in the state and currently holds the 6th best time in the state (50.69) and the best time in AA. The actual "dominate" performances for Elias come in his jumping events. He currently holds the #1 long jump in the state at 22-01.25 (very impressive) while holding the 3rd best triple jump at 43-10.

All state qualifying times/marks for Griz signees from Montana as of 5/10/19:

Trevin Gradney
- 13th best 200M time (8th best time in AA)
- 6th best 400M time (#1 time in AA)

Jace Dewalt
- 22nd best 110H time (9th best time in AA)
- 8th best 300H time (4th best time in AA)

Elias DeWaters
- #1 mark in the LJ
- 3rd best mark in the TJ (#1 mark in AA)

Noah Ambuehl
- 11th best mark in the Shot Put (2nd best mark in Class C)

Ryder Meyer
- Outside of Top 40 in the 100M (8th best time in Class B)
- 37th best 200M (6th best time in Class B)

Ryan Tirrell
- 11th best mark in the LJ (2nd best mark in Class B)

I think we are missing quite a few in this thread. Sure the Meyer kid from Fairfield and the Tirrell kid from Loyola have qualified in some events at state?

bozono said:
I think we are missing quite a few in this thread. Sure the Meyer kid from Fairfield and the Tirrell kid from Loyola have qualified in some events at state?

Ryan has qualified in the Long Jump and 4x100 Relay and is shooting to qualify in Triple Jump at Divisionals this weekend.

bozono said:

Updated. I did miss Ryder and Ryan. Only was doing a list for kids from Montana that signed.

Speed and quickness are God Given. I suppose both can be improved, but to what degree, I don’t have the answer.

Back