• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Softball Season thread

maroonandsilver said:
Cami Sellers is BSC Player of the Week.

She should end up winning 1st team all con and newcomer of the year. So far she’s been the heart and soul of this young team.

alabamagrizzly said:
maroonandsilver said:
Cami Sellers is BSC Player of the Week.

She should end up winning 1st team all con and newcomer of the year. So far she’s been the heart and soul of this young team.

Agree I posted on another thread she should easily be newcomer of the year. What a great pick up!

A fascinating scenario for Montana going into the final weekend / 3 games of Big Sky Conference play. As I see things (Saturday morning, May 4), Montana could finish regular season play as high as 3rd or as low as 6th (still qualifying for a tourney spot).

At 7-8 the Griz are currently in 5th place, ahead of Northern Colorado and Southern Utah. Three wins would tie them with the winner of today's Sac State-Idaho State game. But since both teams won earlier 3-game league series with the Griz, the winner of the SAC/ISU game will finish second. Three wins by Montana would mean a 3rd place finish. Three losses by Montana to SUU this weekend makes them a lock on 6th. With one or two wins, Montana could well finish in one of several possibilities for 4th or 5th place.

Weber State appears to be the clear front-runner, solidly in first. From there, however, I think any team could make it to the semis. It's interesting to note that Montana's pitching depth could be a factor in double-elimination tourney play. Regardless, I believe this young Montana team has shown solid improvement over the past three weeks and -- though they're still young -- has the ability to compete with any conference opponent. Go Griz.

Back