• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How many show for spring game in kalispell

Spanky2 said:
The Spring Game should be rotated between various cities of the state. Last time it was in Billings, there was excellent attendance.

Not a bad idea. Best thing the U has going for it is Griz Football. There are only seven cities/areas in Montana that could handle the influx of fans, though. By license plate numbers: Butte, Great Falls, Billings, Missoula, Helana, bozo, and Kalispell. I think we can forego bozo, although the possibility does have some intriguing possibilities. There would have to be enough watering holes for those tailgaters without a tailgate. Where do 3,000-6,000 fans eat and sleep? Wouldn't want to be on the highway after freshly tailgated drivers head home. I've been one of those drivers, and have been run off the road by one of those drivers. What goes around comes around. That was a long time ago, when I was a 'pre-M.A.D.D.' major. :lol:

Damn, GRIZ offensive linemen sure look the part in warm ups. They're big and look intimidating. Hope they play that way.

mtgrizrule said:
Damn, GRIZ offensive linemen sure look the part in warm ups. They're big and look intimidating. Hope they play that way.

Most of them can catch punts and long passes too.

Tough to get info on tickets. Were they sold at the gate? All I could find out was tix were sold at GSA and various banks. Didn’t know I could get away until late Friday and all venues were closed. I wasn’t going to drive all the way up there with knowing I could get in. Need better ticket availability.

Buttegrizzle said:
Tough to get info on tickets. Were they sold at the gate? All I could find out was tix were sold at GSA and various banks. Didn’t know I could get away until late Friday and all venues were closed. I wasn’t going to drive all the way up there with knowing I could get in. Need better ticket availability.

Tiks were sold at gates. Plenty of room. Agree with you that with a 3,000 seat stadium, there should have been info saying there were plenty of tiks left. I know a number of people who were in your position.

Yeah. If it were closer I’d have driven up anyway to see if I could get in but Kalispell is a bit of a haul. Thankful for the TV broadcast tho. Although it seemed about 25% of the live action occurred in the background during inane interviews or during commercial breaks.

Spanky2 said:
The Spring Game should be rotated between various cities of the state. Last time it was in Billings, there was excellent attendance.

Bobby Hauck announced at the Bitterroot GSA function last summer that the 2020 spring game would be held on the new field in Hamilton

Blgs Griz Fan said:
I think the Griz should pick four or five locations and then rotate them every year. Missoula, Kalispell, Billings, Great Falls.....Glendive. Yes Glendive. I spoke with a member of the Sidney GSA and they would love having a spring game in their neighborhood.

I spoke with a GSA member in San Diego and he'd love to have a spring game in his neighborhood too. We recruit far more players out of San Diego than Glendive or Sidney.

Btw the stadium in Kalispell, with it's brand-new artificial turf, was pretty-damn full and a success in my mind outside of the fact that there was/is almost ZERO on-site parking. WTF? I rather walk 3 blocks over being stuck in an on-site parking lot personally,but how can a stadium not have more than 20 parking spots (occupied by buses)?

The AD is not in complete control of the location of the spring games. It requires the local GSA group to step up and commit to the enormous amount of work required to pull it off successfully and create a bunch of cash for the GSA.

kemajic said:
The AD is not in complete control of the location of the spring games. It requires the local GSA group to step up and commit to the enormous amount of work required to pull it off successfully and create a bunch of cash for the GSA.

So seriously, how does Kalispell build a nice new field like that and forget to have a parking lot. So is the local GSA responsible for recruiting the game to Kalispell? Do they not expect 2-3k fans to show up and need a parking spot? Was this an issue that wasn’t even brought up? Or did somebody just get done watching Field of Dreams and figured, “If we build it, they will come. Who cares where they park though.”

Back