• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

grizzlyjournal

[media]https://twitter.com/khansen406/status/1117933684840177667[/media]
[media]https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1117937352221937664[/media]

Really happy that Travis is still our head coach. The best we’ve ever had. I wish we could pay him 500k per year and keep him forever.

Well I’m excited as hell! Not much of a salary increase but packed with incentives for wins, championships, classroom incentives, grades, etc. so awesome!

The $50,000 Retention Incentive per year is impressive and him being able to keep the revenue of annual 'money games' over $86,000 to supplement his salary will be a good increase to make his earnings near the top for Big Sky Conference coaches. So relieved Travis is staying!! Go Griz!!

Glad that it's official. Would have hoped for more of a salary bump but it's better than nothing, does anyone know how the bonuses and buyout compares to the previous contract? I know a lot of the clauses like the money from guaranteed games were in his previous contract so hopefully there's a bit of a bump in the payout on those bonuses.

DPGriz said:
Glad that it's official. Would have hoped for more of a salary bump but it's better than nothing, does anyone know how the bonuses and buyout compares to the previous contract? I know a lot of the clauses like the money from guaranteed games were in his previous contract so hopefully there's a bit of a bump in the payout on those bonuses.

Where's 75 when you need him? :lol: :lol:

I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".

If his team achieves a cumulative grade point average of 2.90-2.99, DeCuire receives a $2,000 bonus while each of his three assistant coaches earns $500. If UM's GPA is 3.00-3.09, the bonuses are $3,000 and $750, and a 3.10 or higher GPA earns DeCuire $4,000 and each assistant $1,000.

If Montana maintains a four-year average academic progress rate score of at least 950, DeCuire earns $2,500 and each assistant earns $500.

If the Grizzlies finish the regular season as conference champions or co-champions, DeCuire earns $5,000 and each assistant earns $2,500.

If the Griz win the Big Sky Conference tournament or are selected to the NCAA Tournament, DeCuire earns $15,000 and each assistant earns $5,000.

Proud Griz Man said:
I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".

If his team achieves a cumulative grade point average of 2.90-2.99, DeCuire receives a $2,000 bonus while each of his three assistant coaches earns $500. If UM's GPA is 3.00-3.09, the bonuses are $3,000 and $750, and a 3.10 or higher GPA earns DeCuire $4,000 and each assistant $1,000.

If Montana maintains a four-year average academic progress rate score of at least 950, DeCuire earns $2,500 and each assistant earns $500.

If the Grizzlies finish the regular season as conference champions or co-champions, DeCuire earns $5,000 and each assistant earns $2,500.

If the Griz win the Big Sky Conference tournament or are selected to the NCAA Tournament, DeCuire earns $15,000 and each assistant earns $5,000.

The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.

HookedonGriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.

I thought that too. Anyone know roughly what the going rate is these days? How much do you get for playing a team like UCLA or Kentucky?

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

I thought that too. Anyone know roughly what the going rate is these days? How much do you get for playing a team like UCLA or Kentucky?
Last year we earned $195,000. So Travis would have got a $109,000 bonus last year. Plus all the other incentives for winning the big sky and tournament.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

I seem to recall when UCLA canceled due to the fires that was around $80,000.. at least that’s the number in my head

I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.

AZGrizFan said:
I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.

It's not all abut money. Don't ever underestimate the factor of strong support on the school's message board.

WaGriz4life said:
ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

Last year we earned $195,000. So Travis would have got a $109,000 bonus last year. Plus all the other incentives for winning the big sky and tournament.

Wouldn't the 86K be per money game?

AZGrizFan said:

Texas Tech did the only thing they could do to keep a coach of his quality in Lubbock - overpay him.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

It's not all abut money. Don't ever underestimate the factor of strong support on the school's message board.

Ha.

dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:

Texas Tech did the only thing they could do to keep a coach of his quality in Lubbock - overpay him.

In three years Beard's contract will look like a bargain. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back