• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kelby Kramer & Ben Carter Transfering

GrizWhiz said:
WaGriz4life said:
I’m thinking we have at least 1 grad-transfer coming who can play right away.
Who might that be?

I don’t have inside info on this. But there will be a lot of guys doing this in the coming weeks. Big kid from Seattle U just announced he is transferring who all of our coaches follow on Twitter so who knows. My point is I guarantee we have plans for those scholarships.

WaGriz4life said:
GrizWhiz said:
WaGriz4life said:
I’m thinking we have at least 1 grad-transfer coming who can play right away.
Who might that be?

I don’t have inside info on this. But there will be a lot of guys doing this in the coming weeks. Big kid from Seattle U just announced he is transferring who all of our coaches follow on Twitter so who knows. My point is I guarantee we have plans for those scholarships.
Scholarships for Steadman and Yagi. 1 open, unless it goes to Peter Jones.

Who was the player that transferred in last year that had to sit? Had a great freshman year and then was hurt.

BDizzle said:
Who was the player that transferred in last year that had to sit? Had a great freshman year and then was hurt.
Dorsey sat out last year due to his health and the prior year due to NCAA transfer rules. However, he did not play here prior to that. He was a transfer from Washington. I cannot think of anyone who fits the circumstances you described.

BDizzle said:

You’re thinking of this guy. GNAC Freshman of the year. High school player of the year. They are excited with what he can do.

https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4812

HookedonGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I think Miller may be next season's biggest surprise.

I know for fact they are thrilled to have landed him as the guy was a hot commodity. A walking double double

Exactly. Sounds like a very good defender as well.

casewinter13 said:
rosco said:
Watched the highlights a number of time and I think the man bun is fine, the size is a good thing, but just not seeing D1.
Thank f***[*] God you aren't involved in our recruiting efforts. He's a taller, slightly more skilled Krutwig from Loyola Chicago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Apparently someone doesn't know as much as they think they do

maroonandsilver said:
rosco said:
Watched the highlights a number of time and I think the man bun is fine, the size is a good thing, but just not seeing D1.

e-Griz never fails in its predictability! 1. UM coaching staff announce the signing of a recruit. 2. A number of viewers post positive comments after watching the recruit's film. 3. A viewer, after also watching the film posts negative comments. 4. Said viewer is vilified by those who see the recruit as an exciting addition to the Team. 5. Negative poster gets all butt-hurt, defensive, and spouts his experience as an former player, coach, or expert in evaluating talent above and beyond the skills of the professionals on staff hired to make these decisions.

Same goes for this expert

DPGriz said:
sacstateman said:
The transfer rule has changed starting this year....if a transfer gets a waiver signed by his last school, he can play immediately, no sitting a year with waiver....the other side of this is, if a kid puts his name in the transfer portal, his scholarship is only good for the rest of that school term...if he changes his mind and wants to return, his original school does not have to offer him a scholarship....Of course the first part of this only applies to undergrad transfers....grad transfers are immediately eligible....

We already saw a similar waiver last year with Kendal Manuel, (Karl Nicholas and Mark Smith from Illinois to Mizzou also off the top of my head) so things were already heading this direction. Hopefully Steadman is also getting a waiver though since sit one to play one isn't really ideal.

That would be ideal. :thumb: :thumb:

rosco said:
maroonandsilver said:
rosco said:

e-Griz never fails in its predictability! 1. UM coaching staff announce the signing of a recruit. 2. A number of viewers post positive comments after watching the recruit's film. 3. A viewer, after also watching the film posts negative comments. 4. Said viewer is vilified by those who see the recruit as an exciting addition to the Team. 5. Negative poster gets all butt-hurt, defensive, and spouts his experience as an former player, coach, or expert in evaluating talent above and beyond the skills of the professionals on staff hired to make these decisions.

Same goes for this expert

And, as I have said before, many of these same "experts" complain about some things being set up to be "everyone gets a ribbon", but when someone challenges or disagrees with their views, then they believe it isn't right to challenge their opinion (presumably because they believe they deserve a ribbon for their opinion).

The 1-5 post was well-done and made me laugh.

[media]https://twitter.com/kaiminsports/status/1118225551553024000[/media]

I've had the joy of getting to know Kelby a little bit. He's a great guy and a great ambassador to the Griz. He will be missed.

HookedonGriz said:
BDizzle said:

You’re thinking of this guy. GNAC Freshman of the year. High school player of the year. They are excited with what he can do.

That’s exactly who I was thinking of. Thanks!

BDizzle said:
HookedonGriz said:
BDizzle said:

That’s exactly who I was thinking of. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/GSOJN-vsTmc

flatheadgriz406 said:

I've had the joy of getting to know Kelby a little bit. He's a great guy and a great ambassador to the Griz. He will be missed.

I saw that tweet and my first thought was I sure hope he's not thinking about engineering down the road at Tractor Tech.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

I saw that tweet and my first thought was I sure hope he's not thinking about engineering down the road at Tractor Tech.

Even if he did, we would be fine.

Back