• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Record - expectations and reality

poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:
Pretty sure half these "griz" fans are actually cat fans. This team will fix its errors. If we can just hold on to the damn ball the griz are easily a 10 win team. Cut down the turnovers it's a whole different story. Got too also remember not very many teams are very successful after a coaching change and having to learn whole new schemes. Things should be in order this year. And btw bobcats go back to losing seasons. Everything will be back to normal in good time. Have faith! I think Griz are going to open some eyes this year. I'm 100% confident in these student athletes and the coaching staff that is put in place. We will be great again.

Uh... sorry to burst your bubble but that ain't happening! :thumb:

Have the preseason polls come out yet?

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
And if we're EVER at a point in our team's development where we're honestly discussing whether we're going to beat a Monmouth or a North Alabama AT HOME then we're f***[*] anyways.

Those two are the absolute definition of "gimme's" and there's no WAY a Hauck-led team should ever lose to a team like that.

That's what you and pretty much every other griz fan said about an average PSU team coming to town last year.
No comparison. None.

poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:
Pretty sure half these "griz" fans are actually cat fans. This team will fix its errors. If we can just hold on to the damn ball the griz are easily a 10 win team. Cut down the turnovers it's a whole different story. Got too also remember not very many teams are very successful after a coaching change and having to learn whole new schemes. Things should be in order this year. And btw bobcats go back to losing seasons. Everything will be back to normal in good time. Have faith! I think Griz are going to open some eyes this year. I'm 100% confident in these student athletes and the coaching staff that is put in place. We will be great again.

Said every bobcat fan every year.

jcu27 said:
poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:

Anybody want to place a bet on whether or not the Bobcats have a losing season in 2019? Any amount? Didn't think so. :coffee:

27 is probably correct. Unfortunately, a good percentage of so-called Griz fans on this board are actually dual Griz-Cat fans.

Spanky2 said:
27 is probably correct. Unfortunately, a good percentage of so-called Griz fans on this board are actually dual Griz-Cat fans.

I can't stand the boobs but still currently think the Griz are a 7 win team.

grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:

That's me too, Grizinda.

grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:

I absolutely hate the cats (and yes that’s a strong word) but it’s true. But I still think the Griz will be impressive if they get to 7 wins. I’m going 6-6 and hoping for better. Cats avoid every good Big Sky team besides UC Davis. They literally have the easiest schedule I’ve seen in a long time. They will get 8 wins in their sleep.

grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:

Maybe we are thinking about different kinds of boobs...

cclarkblues said:
grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:

Maybe we are thinking about different kinds of boobs...

Very possible.

poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:
poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:

Anybody want to place a bet on whether or not the Bobcats have a losing season in 2019? Any amount? Didn't think so. :coffee:

I will.....how about 2 cents?

What are people's thoughts on playing teams like Oregon away? As well as decent Valley teams like South Dakota and Northern Iowa?

Missoula223 said:
What are people's thoughts on playing teams like Oregon away? As well as decent Valley teams like South Dakota and Northern Iowa?

Even though it’s a very high percentage loss, I like playing a team like Washington and Oregon every once in a while. Fun for fans to make trips to places like that. I know the players love it too, especially when from those areas. I think if they are few and far between it’s all good.

As for top FCS talent, the more the better for me. Iron sharpens iron and to get the playoff resumes and to not go one and done, we need to play the top teams. I sincerely wish we had a home and home with Ndsu every other year.

poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:
poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:

We get it, the Bobcats are experiencing their modern heyday. Granted by heyday I mean still losing to EWU by double digits and getting shitfucked by teams like SDSU and NDSU, but hey what can you do?

HookedonGriz said:
Missoula223 said:

Even though it’s a very high percentage loss, I like playing a team like Washington and Oregon every once in a while. Fun for fans to make trips to places like that. I know the players love it too, especially when from those areas. I think if they are few and far between it’s all good.

As for top FCS talent, the more the better for me. Iron sharpens iron and to get the playoff resumes and to not go one and done, we need to play the top teams. I sincerely wish we had a home and home with Ndsu every other year.

I agree stay with trying to play top FCS teams but if we aren’t able to I wish we schedule Wyoming, Utah, Nevada or Boise st the years we can’t play a top FCS team and play a PAC 12 team every 3rd or 4th year.

I am hoping for a 8 win regular season. Win a first round playoff game at home. Then more than likely have to play NDSU and hope we give them a good close game.

Silenoz said:
poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:
poorgriz said:

We get it, the Bobcats are experiencing their modern heyday. Granted by heyday I mean still losing to EWU by double digits and getting shitfucked by teams like SDSU and NDSU, but hey what can you do?

Hey now, no need to throw a hissy fit! Nobody is saying the CATS are going to take down NDSU next year. I'm just trying to help y'all out here and point out that if you're expecting the CATS to have a losing season next year (Really stupid prediction), you're going to be seriously disappointed.

Back