• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kelby Kramer & Ben Carter Transfering

Makes sense for both sides. Thank you for your hard work, dedication, and attitude! Will be a great get at a lower division.

GrizWhiz said:
Per Verbal Commits.....will be transferring!

Here is a great Transfer List
https://watchstadium.com/news/comprehensive-list-of-college-basketball-players-transferring-12-29-2018/

He was one of those bigs that struggled in our defense with the switching but I felt like he was going to develop and be a force when he was a senior. He will go somewhere and be successful. I wish him luck!

Some of us aren't surprised by Kramer and or Carter departing. Kramer will contribute in a system with the big man expected to rebound and patrol the paint. As for Carter, he could be a solid big, if he got down to 245 to 250 lbs.

My best to them.

Good luck Kelby...and Ben, I guess! Loved the bench this year. Hardly any minutes this year, supported the team on the floor!
So how many scholarships does that leave? Any news on Dorsey?

Paytonlives said:
GrizWhiz said:
Per Verbal Commits.....will be transferring!

Here is a great Transfer List
https://watchstadium.com/news/comprehensive-list-of-college-basketball-players-transferring-12-29-2018/

That list is almost overwhelming.

So with Kelby and Ben leaving. Stedman coming in. That leaves us with one more scholarship to fill?? Another Shooter would be great.

flatheadgriz406 said:
So with Kelby and Ben leaving. Stedman coming in. That leaves us with one more scholarship to fill?? Another Shooter would be great.

Steadman will have to wait a year to play. I’d like to see a JC transfer that could put in some minutes in the post. Owens is going to be a true freshman, and he’ll probably get some minutes! Mack Anderson will hopefully get bulkier and fill up the middle. We’re still waiting to hear about Dorsey’s status. It just seems like we need some bulk, but it has to be bulk that fits Travis’ system. We don’t need bulk that gets a scholarship and sits the bench.

The transfer rule has changed starting this year....if a transfer gets a waiver signed by his last school, he can play immediately, no sitting a year with waiver....the other side of this is, if a kid puts his name in the transfer portal, his scholarship is only good for the rest of that school term...if he changes his mind and wants to return, his original school does not have to offer him a scholarship....Of course the first part of this only applies to undergrad transfers....grad transfers are immediately eligible....

Just wondering how many players on that list are leaving because the coach was too demandig?

I would actually like to see either Ben or Kelby stay. Regardless, I wish them both well in their respective futures!

sacstateman said:
The transfer rule has changed starting this year....if a transfer gets a waiver signed by his last school, he can play immediately, no sitting a year with waiver....the other side of this is, if a kid puts his name in the transfer portal, his scholarship is only good for the rest of that school term...if he changes his mind and wants to return, his original school does not have to offer him a scholarship....Of course the first part of this only applies to undergrad transfers....grad transfers are immediately eligible....

We already saw a similar waiver last year with Kendal Manuel, (Karl Nicholas and Mark Smith from Illinois to Mizzou also off the top of my head) so things were already heading this direction. Hopefully Steadman is also getting a waiver though since sit one to play one isn't really ideal.

Back