• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Help viewing spring game

alabamagrizzly

Just curious if anyone knows a way for us outta staters to watch the spring game on SWX. Normally I think their streaming services are limited to in state. Not expecting any extra work/help. Just some insight on if there’s a way to watch all the way from Alabama. Thank you in advance.

alabamagrizzly said:
Just curious if anyone knows a way for us outta staters to watch the spring game on SWX. Normally I think their streaming services are limited to in state. Not expecting any extra work/help. Just some insight on if there’s a way to watch all the way from Alabama. Thank you in advance.

I believe I saw someone on here that there is an app that you install on your phone that allows you to change your phones gps location. Then all you'd have to do is use the app to change your phone location to Spokane or Montana or whatever. No clue what it is called or if it even works though.

As Coyote said on another thread:

Just change your gps to a spot where it is allowed location on your smartphone with an app and you can get SWX anywhere.

I am not sure what that means but I think it has to do with tech stuff.

I hear your brother passed the bar - congratulations are in order.

717s7e said:

Just change your gps to a spot where it is allowed location on your smartphone with an app and you can get SWX anywhere.

Actually, you do need the app for this. As the Watch SWX app otherwise requires the precision location features turned on in your device and without the app, you can't spoof the location. This one worked for me https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps&hl=en_US

However I couldn't get it to work setting it as an MT address, I had to set it for Eastern WA, however, the spring game shows up on the streaming schedule still.

Filthy McGrizzly said:
What channel is swx for directv? Or att whatever they are calling themselves.

There is none. Over air or cable only.

I can't find SWX on Dish Network or DirectTV. What do I do?
We would greatly appreciate it if you would contact your satellite provider and ask that SWX be given a channel placement. Having SWX on satellite is KHQ's number one priority. Unfortunately, the Satellite companies don't see it that way. The response we have received from DISH and Direct is they don't have enough space for secondary digital channels. KHQ feels local should be a high priority. We are trying to change their minds with the help of our viewers. So please keep calling and let them know your feelings about how important it is to show local weather and sports on SWX on the Satellite. Again, KHQ appreciates your help and support with this. Dish Network customers can call 1-888-825-2557 and Direct-TV customers can call 1-888-777-2454.

717s7e said:

Ya, we’re pretty proud of him. By the way, who is this? :mrgreen:

We get the 'Bama spring game up here. Hard to believe they are not airing the Griz down there.

cclarkblues said:
We get the 'Bama spring game up here. Hard to believe they are not airing the Griz down there.

It’s horse sh*t is what it is. Like anybody outside of Alabama gives a crap about their spring game.

Back