• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Adam Eastwood Article

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Rooting for this kid

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/from-hurt-to-hope-after-costly-fumble-in-brawl-of/article_95651fa0-f5a5-5e76-a402-db40f0c44d1a.html

He will go down in Griz-cat lore as the guy who fumbled the ball to the cats and lost the game in '18, in WGS. They call it 'The Stuff.' Not matter what else he accomplished last year, or whatever he will accomplish in his next three years, he will be known for the fumble. 30 years from now nobody will know who the guard was, but the name Eastwood will live on. If he ever manages to fumble again, (god, I hope that never happens)I would predict an audible groan wherever the game is played.

Geoff Groschelle, kicker for the cats got credit for the last second Griz victory in '97, in Bozeman, by kicking the ball out of bounds. Totally on him, no guard to share the blame with. Doesn't matter how many field goals, extra points, or deep and no return kickoffs he managed to accomplish in his years. He is well thought of on BN, but is and will forever be known as the guy who set up the last second heroics.

Eastwood has three years to chisel his legacy, Rushmore-esque I hope. He has certainly put up a large obstacle in his path.

tourist said:
He will go down in Griz-cat lore as the guy who fumbled the ball to the cats and lost the game in '18, in WGS. They call it 'The Stuff.' Not matter what else he accomplished last year, or whatever he will accomplish in his next three years, he will be known for the fumble. 30 years from now nobody will know who the guard was, but the name Eastwood will live on. If he ever manages to fumble again, (god, I hope that never happens)I would predict an audible groan wherever the game is played.

Geoff Groschelle, kicker for the cats got credit for the last second Griz victory in '97, in Bozeman, by kicking the ball out of bounds. Totally on him, no guard to share the blame with. Doesn't matter how many field goals, extra points, or deep and no return kickoffs he managed to accomplish in his years. He is well thought of on BN, but is and will forever be known as the guy who set up the last second heroics.

Eastwood has three years to chisel his legacy, Rushmore-esque I hope. He has certainly put up a large obstacle in his path.

True. I only remember Chase Reynolds for "the fumble" too.

Unfortunately Adam will forever be blamed for the loss. However, we blew a fairly large lead and tackling and blocking were largely responsible for this meltdown. It was truly a team effort.

grizindabox said:
tourist said:

I was gonna say the same thing.

Good article. I like how he just owns it and comes back to work. I hope he has an awesome season and we get to remember him for the playoff winning td"s he makes.

tourist said:

Interesting comment in the article was Sneed trying to keep Eastwood positive following the fumble and now in spring ball.

Sneed's earlier fumble in the 4th quarter may have played as much a role in the loss as Eastwood's....but that one seems to already be forgotten. Hold onto the ball and get a couple first downs on that series......Griz retain their lead and the Eastwood fumble is a non event.

In a dinky rural Montana town, years ago, a guy was walking amongst some older dwellings, now deserted. Enjoying the view, this man felt the ground underneath him gave way, dropping him about six feet. When found shortly thereafter, now the second person realized the first person had fallen into a long ago boarded over outhouse hole. Yes, he was saved, but when you are in shit up to your neck, you don't get a big hug from everyone. That guy was known for this event in his life by everyone in the area. Fair? No. Just a fact.

..rooting for the kid..there is always something in a athletic career that you wish never happened..but life
goes on..he could turn out to be a good one..who knows?

I don't blame Eastwood for the loss at all, and not really even for the fumble. Things happen. Bad time. O-line got blown up. Think it was his only fumble of the season. Lots of other earlier plays were bad and equally as important. I can see how some people remember big plays at end of the game, but don't know why those plays get more blame for losses than similar or bigger ones earlier in the game.

PlayerRep said:
I don't blame Eastwood for the loss at all, and not really even for the fumble. Things happen. Bad time. O-line got blown up. Think it was his only fumble of the season. Lots of other earlier plays were bad and equally as important. I can see how some people remember big plays at end of the game, but don't know why those plays get more blame for losses than similar or bigger ones earlier in the game.

My sentiments as well.

PlayerRep said:

Agree completely. The kid scores the supposed game winner seconds before only to have the TO come into play. Then had to recollect himself and try again. Coach called same play, Cats sold out on that being case, O Line got completely blown up and Eastwood barely had the ball in his hands when he was smoked. I place no blame on him at all. A lot of other stuff screwed that play up from the jump.

HookedonGriz said:
Agree completely. The kid scores the supposed game winner seconds before only to have the TO come into play. Then had to recollect himself and try again. Coach called same play, Cats sold out on that being case, O Line got completely blown up and Eastwood barely had the ball in his hands when he was smoked. I place no blame on him at all. A lot of other stuff screwed that play up from the jump.

I don't eat, drink, and breathe Griz sports, but did that last play or two get adequately explained in the last five months? Why the same play??? That seems like asking for problems.

tourist said:
HookedonGriz said:

I don't eat, drink, and breathe Griz sports, but did that last play or two get adequately explained in the last five months? Why the same play??? That seems like asking for problems.

Was it in fact the same play? I'd prefer some definitive word on that, as oppose to egriz "experts".

tourist said:
HookedonGriz said:

Well it is what this thread and article is directly about....that one play and Eastwood trying to put the past behind him. Would you rather me comment on some other senseless drivel and do my part to derail the thread? I’ll leave that up to you and the other experts.

grizindabox said:
tourist said:

You can't even compare the reynolds fumble and eastwoods.two different scenarios entirely, for one Reynolds fumbled in the 3rd quarter and Montana had plenty of opportunities to win after it .with the Eastwood one it was Montana's last offensive play and all msu had to do was take an obligatory kneel down and the game was over. Big, big differences.

braves84 said:
grizindabox said:
tourist said:

You can't even compare the reynolds fumble and eastwoods.two different scenarios entirely, for one Reynolds fumbled in the 3rd quarter and Montana had plenty of opportunities to win after it .with the Eastwood one it was Montana's last offensive play and all msu had to do was take an obligatory kneel down and the game was over. Big, big differences.

That "Obligatory kneel down" was fumbled by TA as well...

HookedonGriz said:
tourist said:
HookedonGriz said:

Well it is what this thread and article is directly about....that one play and Eastwood trying to put the past behind him. Would you rather me comment on some other senseless drivel and do my part to derail the thread? I’ll leave that up to you and the other experts.

I just wondered if Hauck had said something about those last two plays, specifically, WHY the same play was APPRENTLY called, both carried by Eastwood. This IS on topic, Hooked. No derailing of thread, intended or not. Sheesh!

tourist said:
HookedonGriz said:
tourist said:
HookedonGriz said:

I just wondered if Hauck had said something about those last two plays, specifically, WHY the same play was APPRENTLY called, both carried by Eastwood. This IS on topic, Hooked. No derailing of thread, intended or not. Sheesh!

My bad misread completely what you were pointing out. Honestly thought you were giving me grief for rehashing that play and not blaming Eastwood. I’m picking up what you’re laying down now, all good!

Back