• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Steve Alford to Nevada!

May not be a bad move for Alford. Not sure how this will be for Nevada, but I would think it will be good for both parties. Alford's style should prove very competitive in the Big West Conference.

Gaeilge1 said:
May not be a bad move for Alford. Not sure how this will be for Nevada, but I would think it will be good for both parties. Alford's style should prove very competitive in the Big West Conference.

Good, bad, I don't care. As long as TD is not in the conversation. :)

maroonandsilver said:
Gaeilge1 said:

Good, bad, I don't care. As long as TD is not in the conversation. :)

:thumb:

Should be out of the woods until next year then (barring something unforeseen of course). Our 3 best players graduated this year so the time was ripe for TDC to move on so I think it's a great sign that he appears to be sticking around.

Gaeilge1 said:
But will his style play in the MWC? :thumb:

DPGriz said:
Should be out of the woods until next year then (barring something unforeseen of course). Our 3 best players graduated this year so the time was ripe for TDC to move on so I think it's a great sign that he appears to be sticking around.
He could/should end up being a candidate at Arizona State if Hurley leaves.

WaGriz4life said:
DPGriz said:

Ah, right. I don't think St Johns is a great job but if Hurley takes it we won't be out of the woods just yet.

DPGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
DPGriz said:

Ah, right. I don't think St Johns is a great job but if Hurley takes it we won't be out of the woods just yet.
I doubt he leaves ASU. They have pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into their athletic department in recent years. There has never been a better time to be at Arizona State. It’s crazy to me how Texas Tech is good at ANYTHING, and how ASU isn’t good at EVERYTHING.

WaGriz4life said:
DPGriz said:
I doubt he leaves ASU. They have pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into their athletic department in recent years. There has never been a better time to be at Arizona State. It’s crazy to me how Texas Tech is good at ANYTHING, and how ASU isn’t good at EVERYTHING.
Hurley is a Jersey guy (as I recall), not a New York guy, so I do not see much of a draw for him to the St. John's job. Also, the web is loaded with stories about recruits/players bailing after Mullins left -- a lot of talent lost.

GrizWhiz said:
Gaeilge1 said:

You are right! Hadn't had my brain wake up when I posted initially. It's not awake right now!

WaGriz4life said:
DPGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
DPGriz said:

Why is that “crazy” to you?

AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:
DPGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

Because of the significant disadvantages Texas Tech has compared to the the other Big 12 schools. Money, location, facilities, tradition etc... It’s really impressive the success they’ve had.

AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:
DPGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

Because Lubbock

Gaeilge1 said:
GrizWhiz said:
Gaeilge1 said:

You are right! Hadn't had my brain wake up when I posted initially. It's not awake right now!
Has not been awake for many years!

Back