• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Des Moines info here

Iowagriz

I've been living here for 16yrs. If they happen to get placed into the Des Moines bracket, this can be the thread for your questions and connections.

I'll need tickets....

Driving....I29 from Sioux Falls to Omaha has some flooding closures

Flying...Des Moines can be expensive. Minneapolis is 4hrs away. Kansas City is near 3hrs, Omaha can have decent prices and 2hrs away

Go Griz!

Iowagriz said:
I've been living here for 16yrs. If they happen to get placed into the Des Moines bracket, this can be the thread for your questions and connections.

I'll need tickets....

Driving....I29 from Sioux Falls to Omaha has some flooding closures

Flying...Des Moines can be expensive. Minneapolis is 4hrs away. Kansas City is near 3hrs, Omaha can have decent prices and 2hrs away

Go Griz!

ok

😁
Didn't mean it to come across that way, but I can be bribed.

Keep me posted on how to get tickets via the Griz. Locals sold the place out last year (for this year) , I assume each team gets an allotment

Not corn season, but we have a decent BBQ place in town that serves a jalapeño creamed corn that is pretty dam good.

And several very good breweries

Also, neither “s” is prounounced, unlike Washington’s version in which only one “s” is silent. :?

Welcome to Des Moines!

I've been here for 16 years and despite the reputation for a fly over place its a great city. The game is downtown at the Wells Fargo arena. Hotels downtown will make it walkable, hotels in West Des Moines are under 30 min away. A good selection of bars and restaurants downtown.

Hit me up if you have specific questions.

Iowagriz said:
Welcome to Des Moines!

I've been here for 16 years and despite the reputation for a fly over place its a great city. The game is downtown at the Wells Fargo arena. Hotels downtown will make it walkable, hotels in West Des Moines are under 30 min away. A good selection of bars and restaurants downtown.

Iowa, call the Adams Center tomorrow morning and they will get you taken care of. Lower section tickets for very very reasonable price. PlayerRep and I were about 8 rows from the floor across from our bench last year in Wichita. I won’t make it this year.

WaGriz4life said:
Iowagriz said:
Welcome to Des Moines!

Iowa, call the Adams Center tomorrow morning and they will get you taken care of. Lower section tickets for very very reasonable price. PlayerRep and I were about 8 rows from the floor across from our bench last year in Wichita. I won’t make it this year.

Thanks. I was hoping for that type of good news

WaGriz4life said:
Iowagriz said:
Welcome to Des Moines!

Thanks for the info. It is going to be rough but a couple people and I are pulling an all nighter Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning to make it to Iowa from Missoula. Wanted to know how hard it would be to get tix.

Call Adams on Monday. School allotment will be available like last year. Great lowers at great prices. Went to Wichita last year and plan on seeing a different outcome in person this year. 😊

Tickets purchased - see ya here, weather looks good

re: rental cars. If you can get a room downtown, you can walk most of what you need to get to. Good bars and food. Take a short cab ride from the airport. If you are staying in West Des Moines, Uber should be easy to get downtown for the game. Getting home might take longer due to the # of people.

Flights into Omaha are usually cheaper, assuming you can easily get a car from there. 2hr drive to Des Moines from the Omaha airport.

Any Griz doing meetups before the game? Went last year and saw a lot of Blue and Yellow...boooo

And would like to see about a UM Meetup! GoGriz!!

Some good info here from the local newspaper: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/2019/03/18/march-madness-2019-des-moines-restaurants-things-to-do-parking-tips-ncaa-tournament-iowa-drake/3180770002/

Shoot around is today - free to the public - Griz at 5:40 today

What section are the Griz ticket allotment located? All sold out and need another ticket so looking on ticket exchange. Thanks!

Back