• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dorsey!!!

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Dorsey deserves his own thread. Hands-down the MVP of that game. Four for four from the three-point line and every one of them when we seemed to need it most. Then he made huge blocks, huge rebounds, had some steals....he played like a man possessed!

Came through big, hit those 2 big 3's when Montana was down 10 in the first.
If he can do that next weekend, and with the way pridgett, rorie and oguine are playing I like Montana's chance, even if the others step up a little. Go griz.

So great to have him out there! I thought for sure he was done after his injury in the game against sac. PUMPED to see him come in vs. Weber! Rorie was definitely the MVP of the tourney but not many more important in this game!

grizzlyjournal said:
Agreed. Dorsey was the catalyst... the game-changer.

Funny thing is that Sling crapped out when we were down 12 so I missed Dorsey bringing us back. Kinda pissed I missed those shots!

PeauxRouge said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Funny thing is that Sling crapped out when we were down 12 so I missed Dorsey bringing us back. Kinda pissed I missed those shots!

They were huge. And it wasn’t just the 3s. He has two huge blocks and big rebounds and a couple timely steals too. What a game!

There was information in the Bill Speltz story today I had not seen before, when Rorie said he'd known Dorsey since he was 12, that they had grown up half an hour away from each other in the Puget Sound area, and that they'd played on an AAU team together way back when. Made me wonder if that Rorie-Dorsey connection was one of the reasons Dorsey had come to UM.

grizzlyjournal said:

Dorsey was very physical down low fronting the post and it took EWU offense away. Morehead just was too oversized and Dorsey played so well! All eastern did all game is motion to the low block...when we took that away then ran the ball to the high post and screened down to free the low block...when we took that way they just ran a high ball screen with a hard roll. That was the offense almost every single time down the floor and Dorsey knew it. Morehead was overplaying the screen and would leave a lane. The great thing about bobby is that he never gives up on a play and keeps moving. But give it up for Dorsey...he has been fantastic the second half of this year and if he plays next year...can be a bsc 1st teamer.

Dorsey's play and exuberance is contagious for fans and teammates. His parents were at Boise and very proud of him. Donaven is definitely going to go through the procedures for another year of eligibility. It is very likely, it will be granted. If so, he, Pridgett, and Manuel will be the SR leaders. They are definitely going to be ready for leadership roles.

AZGrizFan said:
Please God let Dorsey have a 6th year....

He will. There’s a reason he didn’t go through senior night. They fully expect him to be back next year.

Timmy Falls
Kendal Manuel
Sayeed Pridgett
Donovan Dorsey
Mack Anderson

I’m thinking that starting five will take us right back to the dance next year

WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:

He will. There’s a reason he didn’t go through senior night. They fully expect him to be back next year.

Timmy Falls
Kendal Manuel
Sayeed Pridgett
Donovan Dorsey
Mack Anderson

If you add jr. Tony Miller (6'-6"), 6-2 rs frosh Eddy Egun and soph Freddy Brown.... well...

WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:

Timmy Falls
Kendal Manuel
Sayeed Pridgett
Donovan Dorsey
Mack Anderson

Plus Miller, Egun, Brown, Carter Hollinger, Owens, and Vazquez and we’ll be back

Back