• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring football news, notes and rumors

I was pretty hopeful he would come but when he didn’t come for Spring semester. I think everyone thought this was a real possibility. He was going to be that game breaker in the back field we have could used.This staff has swung and miss on a lot of transfers this past year and half. Incredible

dayday said:
I was pretty hopeful he would come but when he didn’t come for Spring semester. I think everyone thought this was a real possibility. He was going to be that game breaker in the back field we have could used.This staff has swung and miss on a lot of transfers this past year and half. Incredible

The swings and misses are really starting to add up, need a home run pretty soon to even have a respectable hitter.

Ursus1 said:
dayday said:

The swings and misses are really starting to add up, need a home run pretty soon to even have a respectable hitter.

Yeah, these coaches suck...can't find a pot to piss in....you whiny bitches.

HookedonGriz said:
No Greg Bell transfer unfortunately. The Nebraska RB is heading home to San Diego St.

Really not that hard to believe. Close to home. Weather is awesome. Still playing D1. Would have been a tough sell and a huge get. I think we better just settle in for Bobby building this team from the ground up. Big time transfers are not going to be an easy get.

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
dayday said:

Yeah, these coaches suck...can't find a pot to piss in....you whiny bitches.

This.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-s-transfer-running-backs-adapting-to-division-i-football/article_43252a53-d351-53de-a20b-880411f15d45.html

HookedonGriz said:
http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-s-transfer-running-backs-adapting-to-division-i-football/article_43252a53-d351-53de-a20b-880411f15d45.html

I wrote words about Ryan prior to the Shrine Game in 2017. Hauck and Tony have been close since college and Bobby knows exactly what he's getting with Ryan. Don't sleep on him!

PS - Current Griz LB Marcus Welnel on the missed tackle :thumb:

5812c9ff460af.image.jpg

Many argued that Ryan Arntson deserved Gatorade Player of the Year over Nathan Dick in 2016. Ryan rewrote Helena High's rushing record books and was an absolute workhorse all season. If you include the two playoff games (the Bengals lost in the semis), Arntson finished with 291 carries for 1,815 yards and 27 rushing touchdowns for an average of 6.24 yards per carry and 151.25 yards per game. In a 49-14 drubbing of Butte during the regular season, Ryan ran for 276 yards and five touchdowns. He also is an excellent receiver catching 36 balls for about 500 yards and 3 more touchdowns in 2016. By the end of the season, Ryan owned 17 schools records for Helena High and didn't fumble the ball once on 300+ touches...which is phenomenal. He amassed 4,500 total offensive yards and 42 total touchdowns in his career. Standing only 5'7", 175 lbs., don't let his size fool you...he was one of the more physical runners in the state in 2016. Ryan's biggest assets may be his versatility (can produce as a RB, WR, and Returner) and his speed (personal best 11.04 100M in high school). He will be joining his brother Troy at Carroll College this fall and will likely get his start at RB.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

I wrote words about Ryan prior to the Shrine Game in 2017. Hauck and Tony have been close since college and Bobby knows exactly what he's getting with Ryan. Don't sleep on him!

5812c9ff460af.image.jpg

Many argued that Ryan Arntson deserved Gatorade Player of the Year over Nathan Dick in 2016. Ryan rewrote Helena High's rushing record books and was an absolute workhorse all season. If you include the two playoff games (the Bengals lost in the semis), Arntson finished with 291 carries for 1,815 yards and 27 rushing touchdowns for an average of 6.24 yards per carry and 151.25 yards per game. In a 49-14 drubbing of Butte during the regular season, Ryan ran for 276 yards and five touchdowns. He also is an excellent receiver catching 36 balls for about 500 yards and 3 more touchdowns in 2016. By the end of the season, Ryan owned 17 schools records for Helena High and didn't fumble the ball once on 300+ touches...which is phenomenal. He amassed 4,500 total offensive yards and 42 total touchdowns in his career. Standing only 5'7", 175 lbs., don't let his size fool you...he was one of the more physical runners in the state in 2016. Ryan's biggest assets may be his versatility (can produce as a RB, WR, and Returner) and his speed (personal best 11.04 100M in high school). He will be joining his brother Troy at Carroll College this fall and will likely get his start at RB.

Gracias Vim.

bgbigdog said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

5812c9ff460af.image.jpg

Gracias Vim.

Figured you guys would appreciate Ryan's lack of fumbles in high school.

[media]https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1107366793398509568?s=21[/media]

Another of those guys you have to love because it’s about something bigger than himself. :thumb:

VimSince03 said:
bgbigdog said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

5812c9ff460af.image.jpg

Gracias Vim.

Figured you guys would appreciate Ryan's lack of fumbles in high school.
Ouch! That's still a sore subject here.

bgbigdog said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

5812c9ff460af.image.jpg

Gracias Vim.

yes,,,thanks Vim. :thumb:

There's a new walkon on the roster: Zane Whiting. Played receiver at Adams State in 2016 and then went on a mission for 2 years. Playing d line here and is participating in spring practice.

https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5168

bgbigdog said:
[media]https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1107366793398509568?s=21[/media]

Another of those guys you have to love because it’s about something bigger than himself. :thumb:

"No fans come to the game to watch the O-line. They want to see the touchdowns and the receivers and quarterbacks, and we're fine with that. We know it's a team effort and everything relies on everybody," says Sirmon.

Couldn't disagree more. There are many, many plays where that's all i watch is the execution of the O-line assignments....and after the way our season ended, there'll be a lot MORE people watching the O-line this year...

dirtysoup said:
There's a new walkon on the roster: Zane Whiting. Played receiver at Adams State in 2016 and then went on a mission for 2 years. Playing d line here and is participating in spring practice.

https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5168

In one of the articles I read it said there is 3 guys who are not on the roster but are participating in spring ball 2 on defense and 1 on special teams.

AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

"No fans come to the game to watch the O-line. They want to see the touchdowns and the receivers and quarterbacks, and we're fine with that. We know it's a team effort and everything relies on everybody," says Sirmon.

Couldn't disagree more. There are many, many plays where that's all i watch is the execution of the O-line assignments....and after the way our season ended, there'll be a lot MORE people watching the O-line this year...

You're the exception, less than one percenter. The vast majority of fans at your games have zero clue about O Line play. In fact thousands and thousands of those "fans" really don't know much about football. It's just a social event. Happens as MSU also, just not to the same degree.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

You're the exception, less than one percenter. The vast majority of fans at your games have zero clue about O Line play. In fact thousands and thousands of those "fans" really don't know much about football. It's just a social event. Happens as MSU also, just not to the same degree.

😂 not to the same degree because you can only get 10k to show up for your first playoffs in years! You truly are the dumbest person posting here if you believe there’s any difference whatsoever, and that’s saying a lot.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

We also know how to complain about most anything, including o-line play and coaching, which we don't understand. Even though we complain about participation ribbons, we all believe that our opinion participation ribbon entitles us to spout off on all things Griz sports, including o-line play and coaching. Even though we can't really see o-line play when at the stadium, we believe we can see o-line play better when only pieces of it are shown on tv/streaming.

PlayerRep said:
Even though we can't really see o-line play when at the stadium, we believe we can see o-line play better when only pieces of it are shown on tv/streaming.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

From your mouth to my ears. :thumb: :thumb:

Back