• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Selection Show at 4PM Sunday

Everyone thinking Michigan.
But with all the upsets in other conferences don't be surprised if UM is a 12 or 13 seed

Paytonlives said:
But with all the upsets in other conferences don't be surprised if UM is a 12 or 13 seed

Just can’t see it. 14 I think is the best we can hope for...would LOVE a 12/5 where its someone beatable...

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

Just can’t see it. 14 I think is the best we can hope for...would LOVE a 12/5 where its someone beatable...
This. Here in Boise and the talk is 12/13 but the Big Sky doesn’t get much love in the selection. I’m thinking 14 as well but thrilled if we get 13.

They have a win against Georgia State (looks to be a tournament team) and a road win at South Dakota St. This team made the NCAA last season which should also help. I hope like hell they get a 13 seed and play in Salt Lake against a Mountain West team.

I think their resume is worthy of a 14 seed on its own. I’m hoping that returning for their second straight appearance gives them a little bump up to a 13.

Had they beat UC Irvine and....UC Santa Barbara (?) in addition to beating Georgia State, SD State and NDSU, they would have been a lock for a 12/13. They'll probably be a 14/15, at best a 13....but... selection Sunday has surprises, especially when a team makes it back to the tournament while having good showing the previous year. Hell, we lost to runner up Michigan by something like 10 points and went 8+ minutes without scoring in the second half.

Sad to say but losing to a very down Arizona, PSU, EWU,, sta Barb doesn't do the Griz any favors. The sad part is we all know that UM was capable of winning all those games. Irvine is a legit player, Georgia State had a great season, but SDSU was beaten in its conf championship game...that hurt UM more than Creighton. The Griz will be a 14 or15...that's life.

Paytonlives said:

CBS or Fox Bracketeers has Michigan St. It'll depend on who wins Michigan/Michigan St game. The winner might end up a number 1.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Had they beat UC Irvine and....UC Santa Barbara (?) in addition to beating Georgia State, SD State and NDSU, they would have been a lock for a 12/13. They'll probably be a 14/15, at best a 13....but... selection Sunday has surprises, especially when a team makes it back to the tournament while having good showing the previous year. Hell, we lost to runner up Michigan by something like 10 points and went 8+ minutes without scoring in the second half.

14 at best. Playing Houston or Texas Tech.

Honestly would have been nice to pick up 3 more W's in these 8 losses. However all but 1 were on the road and only the Creighton 26 point loss looks bad. All 4 of the non-conference teams and NoCo will be paling in post season tourneys. With all of the other conferences #1 teams getting dumped there are a lot of teams that UM will look better then on paper. Also, Last years "close" loss to a final 4 team in the NCAA tourney. I Still say UM is a 12 or 13.

Lost to Georgia Southern 80-77 (23-9)
Lost to Creighton 98-72 (18-14) Beat #10 Marquette 2 weeks ago
Lost to Irvine 60-51 (30-5)
Lost to Arizona 61-42 (17-15)
Lost to PSU 77-74 (16-16)
Lost to EWU 78-71(16-18)
Lost to NoCo 74-72 (21-11)
Lost to PSU 81-69 (16-16)

Paytonlives said:
Honestly would have been nice to pick up 3 more W's in these 8 losses. However all but 1 were on the road and only the Creighton 26 point loss looks bad. All 4 of the non-conference teams and NoCo will be paling in post season tourneys. With all of the other conferences #1 teams getting dumped there are a lot of teams that UM will look better then on paper. Also, Last years "close" loss to a final 4 team in the NCAA tourney. I Still say UM is a 12 or 13.

Lost to Georgia Southern 80-77 (23-9)
Lost to Creighton 98-72 (18-14) Beat #10 Marquette 2 weeks ago
Lost to Irvine 60-51 (30-5)
Lost to Arizona 61-42 (17-15)
Lost to PSU 77-74 (16-16)
Lost to EWU 78-71(16-18)
Lost to NoCo 74-72 (21-11)
Lost to PSU 81-69 (16-16)

I would argue the 19 point loss to U of A has bad optics as well...

13 is a possibility. I very much doubt a 12 seed. 14 the most likely and another possible date with Michigan.

A 14 seed would be the best scenario but most likely a 15. I also don't see anyone that is a great match up for the Griz.

Back