• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Akoh

AllWeatherFan said:
Mousegriz said:
go96griz said:
AZDoc said:
So question is...if it's "just" a meniscus injury, he isn't necessarily out for the season. If it's a simple tear he can be back in 2-3 weeks, which is tourney time. If it's a complex tear or bucket handle tear, that makes things a bit more season ending. Depends on the type of surgery.

The word going around is that he plans to be out.

At least there is no rumor that he "doesn't want to play for the Griz anymore".....this thread would get looooong.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard he wanted to redshirt and use the portal to transfer.

go96griz said:
Mousegriz said:
go96griz said:
AZDoc said:
So question is...if it's "just" a meniscus injury, he isn't necessarily out for the season. If it's a simple tear he can be back in 2-3 weeks, which is tourney time. If it's a complex tear or bucket handle tear, that makes things a bit more season ending. Depends on the type of surgery.

The word going around is that he plans to be out.

At least there is no rumor that he "doesn't want to play for the Griz anymore".....this thread would get looooong.

I purposefully worded it that way for a reason.

So you’re saying he doesn’t want to play for the Griz anymore? Wow...heard it here first folks.

garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
Like I said. If Decuire wins the conference tourney now with no Akoh, extend him 20 years and give him any $ amount he wants. Would be the finest work of a head coach almost ever. In Decuire I trust! You feeling the fever....we have Decuire!
If? Do it regardless. Now!
IMO, TDC is the best coach UM has ever had. Obviously high praise, considering our coaching tree, but I’m a true believer. There is something about a defensive minded point guard that makes basketball look like a work of art.
Once Cal snatches him up this off-season, the UM coaching tree will account for one-quarter of all the active head coaches in the Pac12. That’s nutbars

That is crazy to think about. Cal will be nuts to let him pass by.

HookedonGriz said:
garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
Like I said. If Decuire wins the conference tourney now with no Akoh, extend him 20 years and give him any $ amount he wants. Would be the finest work of a head coach almost ever. In Decuire I trust! You feeling the fever....we have Decuire!
IMO, TDC is the best coach UM has ever had. Obviously high praise, considering our coaching tree, but I’m a true believer. There is something about a defensive minded point guard that makes basketball look like a work of art.
Once Cal snatches him up this off-season, the UM coaching tree will account for one-quarter of all the active head coaches in the Pac12. That’s nutbars

Our best hope to keep him is for the Griz to lose all of their remaining games.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:

Our best hope to keep him is for the Griz to lose all of their remaining games.

Man that’s tempting. I love him that much.

HookedonGriz said:
garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:

Positive side to that is, some hotshot young coach wants to coach in the PAC-12? come coach at Montana for 4-5 years...they’ll be beating down the door!!! :lol:

Akoh sure was moving well, even doing stairs this afternoon at the Lady Griz game. Sure moving better than I remember doing 2 days after my own meniscus surgery. Are we SURE he had surgery?

maroonandsilver said:
Akoh sure was moving well, even doing stairs this afternoon at the Lady Griz game. Sure moving better than I remember doing 2 days after my own meniscus surgery. Are we SURE he had surgery?

I like this post. More please!

maroonandsilver said:

:eek:

:clap:

I saw him at the Lady Griz game and he was looking pretty stiff... Though that could be because he was running stairs earlier. Fingers crossed!

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
I saw him at the Lady Griz game and he was looking pretty stiff... Though that could be because he was running stairs earlier. Fingers crossed!

I probably should have phrased it better. By "doing stairs" I mean simply walking down them without apparent discomfort or limp. Not to be confused with the "doing stairs" we remember as a work out.

:shock:
maroonandsilver said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

I probably should have phrased it better. By "doing stairs" I mean simply walking down them without apparent discomfort or limp. Not to be confused with the "doing stairs" we remember as a work out.
:shock: Dang! I thought we had something there, with him “doing stairs”.

maroonandsilver said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Yeah, slight difference there.

I'm sure every surgery is different, but I've had both knees fixed with arthroscopic surgery and quick recovery. After suffering for many years and hiking stiff-legged on downhill stretches I got the worst one checked out and was told it was an easy fix. Half of the meniscus was so bad it was folding over on itself and made walking miserable. I had surgery on a Monday and was told I wouldn't want to walk on it for a few days so picked up rental crutches on the way home. Arriving at home the knee felt so good I didn't use the crutches to get into the house and go up a flight of stairs. On Friday I called the surgeon and asked if it would be OK to go skiing the next day. He said,"You feel good enough to ski? Go for it, you won't hurt anything." I skied all day at Big Mountain with no pain. I got the other knee fixed a couple weeks later and have had NO pain in either knee after twelve years of mountain climbing and backpacking. I think there is reason to be optimistic!

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:

Positive side to that is, some hotshot young coach wants to coach in the PAC-12? come coach at Montana for 4-5 years...they’ll be beating down the door!!! :lol:
And the good news is we already have one on staff, Chris Cobb

WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
garizzalies said:

And the good news is we already have one on staff, Chris Cobb

Exactly! If Travis leaves, and you want to retain this great incoming recruiting class, and you want to continue the same defensive philosophy, Cobb should be hired.

Back