• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NFL bars prospect from combine in latest failed effort to legislate violence

tourist said:
grizatwork said:
Polarizing ads keep people talking.

Polarizing posts keeps people posting. :lol: :thumb:

You will get absolutely no argument from me on that. People love to be outraged. Maybe in my younger years, but I have seen the pendulum swing back and forth so many times, that I know what outrages some today, will be expected tomorrow.

FROM TOURIST

"Freshman gets drunk. Freshman gets into a fight. The world is going to hell. This has never happened before. Right?
This is the inevitable outcome of political correctness, and can be traced back most recently to Kaepernick. If the NFL or 49ers had crushed him immediately, this PC bullshit would never have happened. The NFL didn't act, and millions told the NFL to pound sand, as did I. The value of the average NFL franchise lost about 25%(can't say that really bothers me). Vast areas of open seats in the stadiums on game day. Owner stupidity. Viewers watch sports as an escape from the real world. Now, every piss ant cause is taken up by some sport entity and drummed up from obscurity into national prominence. This is just the latest wrinkle in a story which will never end."

Actually average attendance peaked in 2016 (after Kaepernik) and this year was down about 2400 from then (69,487 - 67,042). The low in the last 10 years was 2010 (pre Kaepernik) at 66,957. So up and down about 3% over a ten year span. Forbes also says the average value of an NFL franchise went UP 2% from last year.

It's a neat story though, so was Shrek.

grizatwork said:
tourist said:
Freshman gets drunk. Freshman gets into a fight. The world is going to hell. This has never happened before. Right?
This is the inevitable outcome of political correctness, and can be traced back most recently to Kaepernick. If the NFL or 49ers had crushed him immediately, this PC bullshit would never have happened. The NFL didn't act, and millions told the NFL to pound sand, as did I. The value of the average NFL franchise lost about 25%(can't say that really bothers me). Vast areas of open seats in the stadiums on game day. Owner stupidity. Viewers watch sports as an escape from the real world. Now, every piss ant cause is taken up by some sport entity and drummed up from obscurity into national prominence. This is just the latest wrinkle in a story which will never end.

I support any player who feels the need to speak up, but I also support any fan who decides to quit watching because they feel it is disrespectful to the flag. That is what is great about this country. We have the freedom to protest, counter protest, agree, and agree to disagree.

Your cause and effect is off on this however. This is the Ezekial Elliot, Kareem Hunt, Ray Rice and even as far back as Lawrence Phillips backlash. The domestic violence issue is something that needed to be addressed. I believe this is a overreaction and the product of these so called zero tolerance rules that don't address individual situations like this guy.

I would not be worried, because he will be drafted and the combine is actually becoming less relevant as teams are doing so much more research outside of the combine and on pro days and individual workouts. Many top players opt out of the combine as it hurts their status more than it helps.

Except Zeke was completely fucked over by a power hungry commissioner. The NFLs lead investigator in Zekes case found that there was nothing to charge him on, and that was her final recommendation to the NFL, that NO ACTION BE TAKEN. Along with ya know actual law enforcement officials. Buttt the NFL decided to kick the lead investigator off the case, banned her from any meetings, and punished Zeke based on nothing.

So I wouldnt say its fair to lump him in with those other guys.

Back