• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Akoh

If it's true that Jamar is out for the year, I say we shift strategies and go small ball with Dorsey, Moorehead, Rorie, Oguine and Pridgett as our starting five, and Falls, Manuel and Anderson off the bench. Sucks to lose Jamar, but it's time now to push the ball up court.

I actually saw parts of the cat game and Idaho. I saw, and the announcers saw, in late moments of the Idaho game, that his Griz teammates were trying get the ball to #13 Ben Carter so he could score ONCE in this season. 6'10", 285# and couldn't get it in the hoop with all that help? What DOES he do?

tourist said:
I actually saw parts of the cat game and Idaho. I saw, and the announcers saw, in late moments of the Idaho game, that his Griz teammates were trying get the ball to #13 Ben Carter so he could score ONCE in this season. 6'10", 285# and couldn't get it in the hoop with all that help? What DOES he do?

Not miss the 2 or 3 wiiiiidddddeeeeee open looks he got about 3ft away from the basket. :thumb:

AllWeatherFan said:
If it's true that Jamar is out for the year, I say we shift strategies and go small ball with Dorsey, Moorehead, Rorie, Oguine and Pridgett as our starting five, and Falls, Manuel and Anderson off the bench. Sucks to lose Jamar, but it's time now to push the ball up court.

Small ball is great, but when the shots aren't falling you get PSU-type games...it WILL be a Christmas miracle if we win this conference now.

JFC, x-max miracle? Come on, man. Scale down the hyperbole and have a little faith. Yes this sux, but they are still a top team even w/o JA.
I think they are still the team to beat.
It would be a miracle for sac to win it, but UM should still be expected to win.

AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Small ball is great, but when the shots aren't falling you get PSU-type games...it WILL be a Christmas miracle if we win this conference now.

Agree with ya. I’ve watched ever single game this year except one. They are a night and day different team with Akoh. Akoh is the biggest reason they are so good. He’s also the biggest reason they can be so bad....when he’s on the bench.

tourist said:

Must measure different in Australia as he's a few inches under 6'10"

sacstateman said:
Miracles have happened before.....
Sorry, you’re right. A true Xmas miracle would be fucking Idaho winning it. Fuck Idaho. I’ve always hated them, but now I want to hire a guy with a crocked nose to get some payback.

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Agree with ya. I’ve watched ever single game this year except one. They are a night and day different team with Akoh. Akoh is the biggest reason they are so good. He’s also the biggest reason they can be so bad....when he’s on the bench.
I’ve watched every game, too, and you may not be wrong, but that doesn’t mean you’re right. At least not yet. We will know more in 24hrs.
Good gracious egriz, have a little faith. We may still have the most overall talent and depth in the league and I believe we just beat our biggest challenge without JA. Obviously going to get a lot harder but a lot of you sound like you’ve thrown in the fucking towel.
Xmas miracle.
Biggest reason they are so good/bad.
Come on; gimme a break

garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I’ve watched every game, too, and you may not be wrong, but that doesn’t mean you’re right. At least not yet. We will know more in 24hrs.
Good gracious egriz, have a little faith. We may still have the most overall talent and depth in the league and I believe we just beat our biggest challenge without JA. Obviously going to get a lot harder but a lot of you sound like you’ve thrown in the f***[*] towel.
Xmas miracle.
Come on; gimme a break

I know enough about hoops, what decuire has said about Akoh and his presence, what the drop off is when Akoh is out, what the team looks like when Akoh is on the bench, and that dominant Bigs are like Sasquatch in the Big Sky, damn near non existent....and if you want to win it all you need one. If he is truly out, then yes it will take Decuire’s finest work to get them to the dance. Not impossible and plenty of talent, but without Akoh it’s night and day. If TD can get there, give that guy a 20 year extension and whatever $ he needs.

HookedonGriz said:
garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Good gracious egriz, have a little faith. We may still have the most overall talent and depth in the league and I believe we just beat our biggest challenge without JA. Obviously going to get a lot harder but a lot of you sound like you’ve thrown in the f***[*] towel.
Xmas miracle.
Come on; gimme a break

I know enough about hoops, what decuire has said about Akoh and his presence, what the drop off is when Akoh is out, what the team looks like when Akoh is on the bench, and that dominant Bigs are like Sasquatch in the Big Sky, damn near non existent....and if you want to win it all you need one. If he is truly out, then yes it will take Decuire’s finest work to get them to the dance. Not impossible and plenty of talent, but without Akoh it’s night and day. If TD can get there, give that guy a 20 year extension and whatever $ he needs.
If you know TD so well than you should know that if you asked him, what’s the “biggest reason [you guys] are so good,” I can guarantee you his answer would not be Akoh. It would not be any individual, ever, because— he don’t play like that—literally! He’d say, “TEAM!” All day.
Look, all I’m saying is give it 24 hrs before you start cutting. Yes we lost possibly the biggest margin at any position in the BSC, but I’m not convinced our margins at other positions and the bench cannot win yet. If they get smashed tomorrow, you can molotov the Adams Center, and you won’t hear from me, at least for a bit

Missoulian Griz beat writer, Kyle Hansen's, Griz-Weber preview is an interesting read. It starts with a mini-profile on Sr. Bobby Moorehead, gets a nice perspective of the Griz-Wildcat rivalry from coach DeCuire & finishes with a "we'll wait & see" take on Akoh's condition... implying that there's still some hope for Jamar's return.

I also think you’re wrong in saying, “if you want to win it all you need [a dominant Big].” In fact, I haven’t looked at the books, but that seems almost like the exception, rather than the rule. Guess it depends on def of dominate

garizzalies said:
I also think you’re wrong in saying, “if you want to win it all you need [a dominant Big].” In fact, I haven’t looked at the books, but that seems almost like the exception, rather than the rule. Guess it depends on def of dominate

One who can score, rebound, and most important....play defense like Akoh. That is the biggest thing they will miss from him and the most important imo. Their defensive rotation is a thing of beauty when he’s in there. When he’s out, they struggle there.

garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
Xmas miracle.
Come on; gimme a break

If you know TD so well than you should know that if you asked him, what’s the “biggest reason [you guys] are so good,” I can guarantee you his answer would not be Akoh. It would not be any individual, ever, because— he don’t play like that—literally! He’d say, “TEAM!” All day.
Look, all I’m saying is give it 24 hrs before you start cutting. Yes we lost possibly the biggest margin at any position in the BSC, but I’m not convinced our margins at other positions and the bench cannot win yet. If they get smashed tomorrow, you can molotov the Adams Center, and you won’t hear from me, at least for a bit

I root for the Griz win or lose every game, every day, every week, every year. I’m just stating a fact that the team is far less when Akoh isn’t in there. Sorry that hurts your feelers.

grizzlyjournal said:
Missoulian Griz beat writer, Kyle Hansen's, Griz-Weber preview is an interesting read. It starts with a mini-profile on Sr. Bobby Moorehead, gets a nice perspective of the Griz-Wildcat rivalry from coach DeCuire & finishes with a "we'll wait & see" take on Akoh's condition... implying that there's still some hope for Jamar's return.

Weber State is also in a "wait and see" with their big guy, Braxton. Sprained ankle...

Just looked at accumulates stats for Akoh. The dude is in the top 5 in the entire Big Sky in almost every major category:

Scoring
Rebounding
FG %
Steals
Off Rebounds

And he’s only played in 15 games!

garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
garizzalies said:
HookedonGriz said:
Xmas miracle.
Come on; gimme a break

I disagree. I don't think DeCuire would say that at all.

GrizLA said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Weber State is also in a "wait and see" with their big guy, Braxton. Sprained ankle...

Link to Kyle Hansen's story: http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/she-said-yes-with-one-ring-in-hand-moorehead-grizzlies/article_c7bc858c-05f2-5def-9306-ed6a8a5cb59f.html

Back