• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dear Kent Haslam, Please Keep Travis DeCuire as Head Coach.

I hope Travis stays at UM for a long time. I also wish 6,000+ fans were in the seats every game. But let's be real, how many of you out there would not consider leaving your current positions if you were offered 2-3 times your current pay for doing the same job?

I would have to argue with MikeyGriz’s statement regarding Travis and his moving to a job that would pay 2/3 times more as being the same job. Yes, the X’s and the O’s maybe the same but the demands, expectations, COL, recruiting, quality of life and Cal’s admission standards are higher.
Regarding WSU JOB I would be very, very surprised to see that happen. I’m sure he would interview if offered but highly doubt he would go there.

If Travis moves on after this year, we will have Cobb. Not really a bad option for next guy up.

If Travis doesn’t move on after this year, there is a good chance that Cobb will, and then it will be a bigger drop if Travis moves on in 2-3 years.

Montana is very fortunate that Cal hired the wrong man for its Head Coaching position a few years ago. Kudos to their :pray: :pray: Athletic Director....

:ugeek:
Baja!

DeCuire has been mentioned in the talk about Cal's head coaching job but Kyle Smith and Randy Bennett have been talked about just as much if not more.....I follow Cal fairly close since my oldest son went there....This is the worst team Cal has ever had....Haas Pavilion is empty this year as they have an "official" average of 4,800 per game (probably only 2,500 in reality) in a 11,000 seat arena....if Jones isn't fired, there will be a revolt among the big money donators.....

Here is something that I took off the Cal fan forum board....this quote came from a Yahoo Sports story....

"CALIFORNIA – The hiring of Wyking Jones was the single-worst high-major basketball hire of the past decade, an inevitable and unmitigated disaster that no one outside the walls of Berkeley could have envisioned working. Cal is 13-41 overall in two seasons, winless in Pac-12 play this year and generally hopeless. Cal isn’t flush with cash, but it’s hard to imagine them continue floundering with an overmatched coach. The obvious hire here should have been made last time – Montana’s Travis DeCuire, who is a former Cal associate head coach from better times. This being Cal, they could slog through another year of Jones to save money."

Here is the whole article but you will have to scroll quite a ways before you come to the quote I attached....

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-hoops-coaching-carousel-whos-next-ucla-060907941.html

Thanks to Kent Haslam for making the effort to retain an excellent Griz coach. While he will be a hot commodity even with a three-year deal, we will all benefit from every day we can keep him as our coach.

I love the recruits we have coming in for next season, as well as the players who are returning.

It's a good time to be a Griz! (When isn't a good time to be a Griz?)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Our head coach makes an acceptable salary but the reason may head coaches move is to upgrade the salaries of the assistants. I assume that profits from camps help the assistants.

Thanks to UM administration for making the effort to sign Travis to a new, improved three-year deal. Lots of academic and post-season incentives built into the contract, for Travis as well as his assistants.

The biggest beneficiaries will be Griz fans. With all the new names on the roster, this team will be fun to watch over the life of this contract!

Back