• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

Seems to have been very quiet on the recruiting front. Mostly because we have filled most of the spots unlike a team like Eastern. Still would like to see us get another athletic DB, DT and a RB. Kind of surprised we haven’t pulled out any Cali kids yet.

Coach Sacks and Coach Cox seem to be really utilizing the transfer portal as they have been following a bunch of DL and DB transfers hopefully something develops there for a summer transfer.

A kid named Archie Cole Jr, running back out of Encinal high school in Alameda, CA just started following me on Twitter. He follows a bunch of Griz coaches as well. I didn't realize I had this much power of influence. Any other Griz fans here on Twitter get a follow from him by chance? Very odd.

Edit: Looks like he follows a ton of coaches/teams around the country. Wonder if the Griz are recruiting him?

Griz2k said:
A kid named Archie Cole Jr, running back out of Encinal high school in Alameda, CA just started following me on Twitter. He follows a bunch of Griz coaches as well. I didn't realize I had this much power of influence. Any other Griz fans here on Twitter get a follow from him by chance? Very odd.

Edit: Looks like he follows a ton of coaches/teams around the country. Wonder if the Griz are recruiting him?

Thank goodness it’s you, rather than the board narcissist.

Feels like it’s been pretty stale on the recruiting front. Maybe they are completely done because doesn’t seem to be a lot of activity. Could use a run stuffing DT and another DB for this upcoming freshman class plus transfers are always welcome.

dayday said:
Feels like it’s been pretty stale on the recruiting front. Maybe they are completely done because doesn’t seem to be a lot of activity. Could use a run stuffing DT and another DB for this upcoming freshman class plus transfers are always welcome.

Hauck said they are "pretty much done"

My guess is they left room for an impact long shot or two.

Paytonlives said:
dayday said:

Hauck said they are "pretty much done"

My guess is they left room for an impact long shot or two.

I get being pretty much done since they added so much during early signing period but it has seemed (from the outside at least) they have mailed it in and already focusing on 2020. I think there are a few interior lineman and DBs for this class they could have kept recruiting for. I suppose it could be all under wraps if there is another addition or two. It seems Hauck likes to keep things very close to the vest on this stuff.

I think there are probably no other transfers for Spring ball and if any transfers are added it will be done in the summer.

Still a couple offers out right now. Mazzoti still hasn’t decided and I’m still thinking we will add Grebe if he decides to play football

grizfan1984 said:
Still a couple offers out right now. Mazzoti still hasn’t decided and I’m still thinking we will add Grebe if he decides to play football

From what I hear, Grebe is engineering or bust. But it doesn't mean MSU. It may mean Montana Tech...for basketball and football. CO-School of Mines is also a possibility for football. Great school as well.

grizfan1984 said:

99% sure that at this point UM has moved on from Mazzoti.

My guess (based on his tweets) is UM gave him until the early signing period to chose UM and he decided to wait it out.

Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:

99% sure that at this point UM has moved on from Mazzoti.

My guess (based on his tweets) is UM gave him until the early signing period to chose UM and he decided to wait it out.

I’m betting he goes UMASS if he wants to be a QB and Cal if he’s willing to play anything else. UM wanted him for defense and I think Payton is right both have moved on but suppose surprises could happen.

Any surprises in the late signing period? I’m getting jealous watching other schools getting new players.

BDizzle said:
Any surprises in the late signing period? I’m getting jealous watching other schools getting new players.

Does not appear so but Hauck likes to keep things under wraps the best he can.

I'm thinking that we will add at least a walk-on or 2 come signing day, still a lot of Montana guys who are uncommitted. I was really hoping to add a DT transfer and a CB transfer but at this point its not looking likely until summer. I don't know scholarship availability but I wish we could add Kanen Eaton (Kobeys brother) he has been visiting D1 schools and by his twitter picture he really wants to be a Griz even if we do a Greyshirt thing with him like we did with Grossman I think he would still be a Griz.

Stats published a database a couple weeks ago of each FCS school's recruiting so far. I looked mostly at playoff schools and full scholarship conferences. Montana seemed to have signed up more recruits during the early signing period than most teams, all but a few really.
The Griz got way out in front.

Back