• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz win over Northern Colorado: Great Highlights

grizzlyjournal

Great game highlights by UM Sports information services, @MontanaGrizBB

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1084579147312070657[/media]

I enjoy hearing the announcer say that their guys got hammered and then go back to watch the play again and see little to no contact. He really over-exaggerates the contact on their end.

PeauxRouge said:
I enjoy hearing the announcer say that their guys got hammered and then go back to watch the play again and see little to no contact. He really over-exaggerates the contact on their end.

Ugh. Is this the same guy from a couple years ago when every other sentence uttered was "x player shoots, contact, but no foul." "Y player driving, contact, but no foul." :?: :roll:

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
PeauxRouge said:
Ugh. Is this the same guy from a couple years ago when every other sentence uttered was "x player shoots, contact, but no foul." "Y player driving, contact, but no foul." :?: :roll:
Hey ... maybe he thinks basketball is still a "no-contact" sport, as it was originally designed. From Wikipedia (my emphasis):
No shouldering, holding, pushing, tripping or striking in any way the person of an opponent shall be allowed. The first infringement of this rule by any person shall count as a foul, the second shall disqualify him until the next goal is made, or if there was evident intent to injure the person, for the whole of the game, no substitute.
Of course, technically BBall is still considered a non-contact sport, but -- as we all know -- that term is open to "interpretation." :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
PeauxRouge said:
Hey ... maybe he thinks basketball is still a "no-contact" sport, as it was originally designed. From Wikipedia (my emphasis):
No shouldering, holding, pushing, tripping or striking in any way the person of an opponent shall be allowed. The first infringement of this rule by any person shall count as a foul, the second shall disqualify him until the next goal is made, or if there was evident intent to injure the person, for the whole of the game, no substitute.
Of course, technically BBall is still considered a non-contact sport, but -- as we all know -- that term is open to "interpretation." :lol:

To be fair, maybe his style is just commentating on everything he sees - to give the most accurate description possible to those just listening on the radio? It may just be a "style" thing that we have quibble with.

Ha ha, and to think I watched the very same game and concluded that we got screwed by the refs, at least in the first half!

At one point I think he actually acused the refs of being one sided. Expect it from fans but not from the live commentator.

cmtgrizzly said:
At one point I think he actually acused the refs of being one sided. Expect it from fans but not from the live commentator.

Hey, this is the BSC, CMT. Keep your expectations low.

Back