• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: RB Marcus Knight joins Griz

Spanky2 said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:
How do all these local sites not know who Drew Turner is? All these guys keep saying that Eastwood is our only returning RB.

lazy writers.

Trained by Just.

+1

Amy Just was a lazy reporter? That’s interesting, I thought most on here thought she was a really good reporter, atleast by Missoulian standards anyway. After all, it’s not espn.

Frank is dead on in what he wrote. Drew Turner never took a snap, red-shirted and only "shared" carries on scout this year. Frank is writing about returning RB's, guys listed on the Griz' roster that have played a college football game. Drew hasn't, and Bobby hasn't uttered his name one time during the entire 2018 season to the press. I'm not saying Drew won't be a part of the RB's room come spring and fall of 2019. I hope he is. But, when writing a story about RETURNING RB's, he's not in that discussion. The Griz have exactly ONE returning RB right now who has taken meaningful snaps in an FCS football game - Eastwood. Janacaro is still listed as a FB, Graves is still listed as a QB, and Lee and Calhoun are gone.

George Ferguson said:
Frank is dead on in what he wrote. Drew Turner never took a snap, red-shirted and only "shared" carries on scout this year. Frank is writing about returning RB's, guys listed on the Griz' roster that have played a college football game. Drew hasn't, and Bobby hasn't uttered his name one time during the entire 2018 season to the press. I'm not saying Drew won't be a part of the RB's room come spring and fall of 2019. I hope he is. But, when writing a story about RETURNING RB's, he's not in that discussion. The Griz have exactly ONE returning RB right now who has taken meaningful snaps in an FCS football game - Eastwood. Janacaro is still listed as a FB, Graves is still listed as a QB, and Lee and Calhoun are gone.

Arguing semantics but the article says returning RB’s, not returning RB’s who played. Turner’s been a RB for the Griz since fall of 2018. That makes him a returning RB for the 2019 season. Not even arguable.

dayday said:
AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:
How do all these local sites not know who Drew Turner is? All these guys keep saying that Eastwood is our only returning RB.

lazy writers.

Eastwood is the only returning running back that saw significant action last year I think is what they meant.

then that’s what they should say. It’s not that complicated. I know, because I’ve been married to a journalist for 28 years.

AZGrizFan said:
dayday said:
AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:

lazy writers.

Eastwood is the only returning running back that saw significant action last year I think is what they meant.

then that’s what they should say. It’s not that complicated. I know, because I’ve been married to a journalist for 28 years.
This is starting to come together.

Looking at Knights highlights today, I noticed that his team runs out of a full house formation a lot, QB in the pistol, RB, FB, TE behind him. It would be awesome to see that late in games. It's brutal.

Knight seems to have very nice speed, without necessarily being a burner, size and some moves. He will be a nice addition.

Back