• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gage Gubrud

dirtysoup

Has apparently entered his name into the NCAA transfer database. Still needs to be granted a waiver for a sixth year. Already getting looks from the FBS.

https://twitter.com/SR_Collingwood/status/1083536079804743682?s=19

dirtysoup said:
Has apparently entered his name into the NCAA transfer database. Still needs to be granted a waiver for a sixth year. Already getting looks from the FBS.

He played in 5 games as a redshirt senior. How does that work?

kemajic said:
dirtysoup said:

To get a medical hardship waiver you can't play in more than one third of the team's games. Because they made it all the way to the championship they played 15 games.

It would be interesting if he went to Cal with his old coach or even if he went to Wazzu that'd be interesting.

dayday said:
It would be interesting if he went to Cal with his old coach or even if he went to Wazzu that'd be interesting.

tenor.gif

Should be granted an extra year to make up for having one of the most awkward names in all football. Not his fault but it rolls off the tongue with the grace of an elderly stroke patient explaining philosophy.

dirtysoup said:
kemajic said:
dirtysoup said:

To get a medical hardship waiver you can't play in more than one third of the team's games. Because they made it all the way to the championship they played 15 games.

So kids that get hurt on an average football team are punished more than a player on a championship caliber team. That’s BS, typical ncaa crap. The rule should be a % of regular season contests. I know he still might not be approved but if it is....that’s utter BS for all those other kids

mtgrizfankb said:
dirtysoup said:
kemajic said:
So kids that get hurt on an average football team are punished more than a player on a championship caliber team. That’s BS, typical ncaa crap. The rule should be a % of regular season contests. I know he still might not be approved but if it is....that’s utter BS for all those other kids
It could be a long shot that the NCAA approves this waiver.

mtgrizfankb said:
dirtysoup said:
kemajic said:
dirtysoup said:

Agreed. Nobody ever accused the NCAA of being logical or rational.

SaskGriz said:
Should be granted an extra year to make up for having one of the most awkward names in all football. Not his fault but it roles off the tongue with the grace of an elderly stroke patient explaining philosophy.

:lol:

SaskGriz said:
Should be granted an extra year to make up for having one of the most awkward names in all football. Not his fault but it rolls off the tongue with the grace of an elderly stroke patient explaining philosophy.

Ha! You're on a heater of late, and I'm all for it!
"Gage Gubrud" would make Al Michaels sound like Lou Holtz.

I'm guessing that after five years at EWU he would qualify by now as a graduate transfer which would make him available for the 2019 season. Hmm, Mike Leach must be cogitating over whether he wants to go with another graduate QB - who probably lacks the chops to rock a stache like Minshew did. The prospect, however problematical, has the Spokesman-Review Wazzu beat writer sounding like a marriage broker. With Alabama's Jalen Hurts also in the conversation the plot could thicken further. Who says the Palouse is dull?...well most of the time...

Silvertip said:
I'm guessing that after five years at EWU he would qualify by now as a graduate transfer

Athletically yes. Academically after five years at EWU he would qualify as a 6th grader.

ilovethecats said:
Silvertip said:
I'm guessing that after five years at EWU he would qualify by now as a graduate transfer

Athletically yes. Academically after five years at EWU he would qualify as a 6th grader.

Great line! Your taste in football teams continues to be abysmal though.

Silvertip said:
I'm guessing that after five years at EWU he would qualify by now as a graduate transfer which would make him available for the 2019 season. Hmm, Mike Leach must be cogitating over whether he wants to go with another graduate QB - who probably lacks the chops to rock a stache like Minshew did. The prospect, however problematical, has the Spokesman-Review Wazzu beat writer sounding like a marriage broker. With Alabama's Jalen Hurts also in the conversation the plot could thicken further. Who says the Palouse is dull?...well most of the time...

Yes he can be a grad transfer that’s why he is looking FBS. That being said he still already spent all 5 years of eligibility. So the only option he has is if he can get cleared by the ncaa for a 6th year due to injury. He played in 5 games this year. Which is normally not approved if you played over 30% or more than 3 contests. I think He also needs to get a clock extension because he already used 5 full years with his redshirt and 4 years of active play of which he didn’t have to sit out really any other year for lengths of time. Sooo I’m not sure how the hell he thinks he’s going to get this, but bigger names sometimes get preferred treatment and he is a bigger name with 2 Walter Payton award nominations

Back