• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

mtgrizrule

As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's replacement in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.

2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.

The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.

I thought having defensive ends that can put some pressure on the quarterback is also a necessity. I don’t remember a great GRiZ team that didn’t have outstanding defensive ends.

The griz will be right there, battling for a playoff spot in Bozeman, but will get shit canned for the 4th year in a row. Count on it. :thumb:. Choate has the griz's number, regardless of who is calling the shots.

mtgrizrule said:
As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's predecessor in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.

2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.

The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.

I don't disagree, Rule, but I think Hauck's predecessor has been in place for a while now.

CDAGRIZ said:
mtgrizrule said:

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's replacement in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.

I don't disagree, Rule, but I think Hauck's predecessor has been in place for a while now.

LMAO, I'm not sure why I typed that, and to top it off, didn't double check my post. I've changed it.

mtgrizrule said:
CDAGRIZ said:
mtgrizrule said:

LMAO, I'm not sure why I typed that, and to top it off, didn't double check my post. I've changed it.

:lol:
Dude, try writing that same thing as a HS junior to a college coach who showed light interest, and was moving on. (Not FB).

CDA: congrats on the new job, please let me know who your predecessor is.
Coach: *silence forever*

CDAGRIZ said:
mtgrizrule said:
CDAGRIZ said:
mtgrizrule said:

:lol:
Dude, try writing that same thing as a HS junior to a college coach who showed light interest, and was moving on. (Not FB).

CDA: congrats on the new job, please let me know who your predecessor is.
Coach: *silence forever*
lmao

FlyCastingCat said:
The griz will be right there, battling for a playoff spot in Bozeman, but will get shit canned for the 4th year in a row. Count on it. :thumb:. Choate has the griz's number, regardless of who is calling the shots.

Hey man, as long as you guys provide us the alternative means of entertainment a few weeks later of losing to NDSU by 40 again, we all win :thumb:

FlyCastingCat said:

He has their number? So Choate will never lose to UM?

mtgrizrule said:
The Weber OL was manhandled by Maine.

:roll:
kemajic said:
mtgrizrule said:
I missed that game. I was working.

mtgrizrule said:
kemajic said:
mtgrizrule said:
Yes they were. Maine DL is legit. Last I heard, fourth quarter I think, Weber had -1 rushing yards. :eek: EWU will need to air it out to loosen things up - which they can do. However, wouln't suprise me to see Maine take down EWU.

grizeyes said:
mtgrizrule said:
kemajic said:
mtgrizrule said:
Yes they were. Maine DL is legit. Last I heard, fourth quarter I think, Weber had -1 rushing yards. :eek: EWU will need to air it out to loosen things up - which they can do. However, wouln't suprise me to see Maine take down EWU.
I hope Eastern gets their butts kicked!

Spanky2 said:
grizeyes said:
mtgrizrule said:
kemajic said:
I hope Eastern gets their butts kicked!

No potty words.

FlyCastingCat said:

Choatle has been lucky enough to play against the 3 griz teams that were going through a turnover and new coaching staffs and players.

Back