• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Army Navy Game

Harm said:
Whoa, back up '68... So you have no vested interest in young men or women who have a vested interest in you, have volunteered in fact, to possibly give the ultimate sacrifice for you,despite the fact they've never met you. That in itself should more than qualify for your apparently "Vaunted" interest... :x :oops:

I fully comprehend what you're really trying to articulate, however, this isnt like not caring about a game btwn say Memphis and UCF... these are the young men and women who stand out front, who volunteered during wartime, on the line btwn all Americans and the shitbag savages who want to do harm to innocent civilians such as yourself... I generally have no issues with your posts etc, however, ya fumbled it this...and I dont know about you, but I've had enough of any kind of fumbling this year!! 😏
Right on!

Hate to "pile on" and nothing particularly against '68. But Army-Navy, and the other games between service academies, are fundamentally different. Yes, they are "just" football players but -- as Soldier and others have noted -- these are young men who have put their asses on the line for everyone else in this country. That, oddly enough, even includes the Goddamn illegal immigrants who come here for a better life and/or a better job. Because of those young men and women, we have a country of both safety and opportunity. Not perfect, admittedly, but better than most anywhere else. (Have you looked at France lately?).

We never fail to at least look in on service academy games, and more so when it's two of them.

Harm said:
Whoa, back up '68... So you have no vested interest in young men or women who have a vested interest in you, have volunteered in fact, to possibly give the ultimate sacrifice for you,despite the fact they've never met you. That in itself should more than qualify for your apparently "Vaunted" interest... :x :oops:

I fully comprehend what you're really trying to articulate, however, this isnt like not caring about a game btwn say Memphis and UCF... these are the young men and women who stand out front, who volunteered during wartime, on the line btwn all Americans and the shitbag savages who want to do harm to innocent civilians such as yourself... I generally have no issues with your posts etc, however, ya fumbled it this...and I dont know about you, but I've had enough of any kind of fumbling this year!! 😏

:clap:

AZGrizFan said:
Harm said:

:clap:
:clap: :clap: Go Army

Bump. The "March on" will be broadcast on CBSSports network starting around 11:15 mountain. Worth watching as both academies take turns marching into the field. It's very cool.

SoldierGriz said:
Bump. The "March on" will be broadcast on CBSSports network starting around 11:15 mountain. Worth watching as both academies take turns marching into the field. It's very cool.

Also the regular CBS Network Channel.

Some Missoula friends of mine, a couple whose husband played for the Griz, are leaving this morning for the game. I was talking with the wife last night at a function, and made sure Pres. Bodnar knew she was going. He was trying to persuade her to switch her allegiance from Navy to Army, but didn't seem to make much progress.

I love to watch the game on tv. Usually, catch at least part of it. Huge tradition. I wonder if the Academies learned to stand for the games, from the NEZ crowd. Rooting for Army, as our son is a former Army Ranger.

SoldierGriz said:
Bump....let's get this party started...

https://youtu.be/ACzv6AHuBxk
I suppose I am rooting for Navy since I was an enlisted US Marine, but I could really care less for the academy boys.
I'll be watching the EWU v UCD game.

My Bozeman nephew, who is at West Point, is in the first row. He saw his former Hawk teammate and friend, who goes to Navy, at the pre-game activities.

It was a good game - as it always is.

6 months from now - the seniors will be commissioned into our Armed Forces charged with leading the less than 1% of our nation who choose to serve.

Love those guys.

'68griz said:
I fully understand your interest if you have a true connection to either the Army or the Navy. For the rest of us -- anyway for me -- it's a game I have never watched ... because, like many other games, I have no vested interest in either team.
Spoken like a true Missoula snowflake.

kemajic said:
'68griz said:
I fully understand your interest if you have a true connection to either the Army or the Navy. For the rest of us -- anyway for me -- it's a game I have never watched ... because, like many other games, I have no vested interest in either team.

spoken like a true jackass.

gonna negatively comment on the marine who doesn't care, either?

argh! said:
kemajic said:
'68griz said:

spoken like a true jackass.

gonna negatively comment on the marine who doesn't care, either?
The stalker strikes again!

Back