• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

IdaGriz01

North Dakota State is not blowing Colgate out yet ... on the scoreboard (14-0 at the half). But they have almost tripled-up the Raiders in offensive stats: 210 yard to 76. And the Colgate D must already be gassed, since the TOP is about 17 min. for NDSU vs 13 min. for Colgate. Much more of that and the Raiders will be running on fumes.

IdaGriz01 said:
North Dakota State is not blowing Colgate out yet ... on the scoreboard (14-0 at the half). But they have almost tripled-up the Raiders in offensive stats: 210 yard to 76. And the Colgate D must already be gassed, since the TOP is about 17 min. for NDSU vs 13 min. for Colgate. Much more of that and the Raiders will be running on fumes.
Colgate much like Maine and Weber; very good D, O not so much.

I find it interesting that ndsu pays a full cost of college stipends of up to I believe $3400 for student athletes. Considering they have an FBS offensive line and it’s 2 deep is as good I wonder how that equates into “additional” scholarships at the FCS level. Until their is parity in this area where other schools use this stipend ndsu will always have the upper hand. I have no idea what bigsky schools(if any) participates in this.

I thought I remembered that the stadium announcers couldn't try to get the crowd fired up at all during playoff games and Peter Christian being very subdued on first down calls. Has that changed or am I misremembering? I can't stand the ndsu dude yelling BIIIIZZZONNNN during this game.

nzone said:
I find it interesting that ndsu pays a full cost of college stipends of up to I believe $3400 for student athletes. Considering they have an FBS offensive line and it’s 2 deep is as good I wonder how that equates into “additional” scholarships at the FCS level. Until their is parity in this area where other schools use this stipend ndsu will always have the upper hand. I have no idea what bigsky schools(if any) participates in this.
No longer in the BSC, but I believe UND did it as well.

As I rather expected, the roof has fallen in on Colgate. That last drive was brutal ... the Bison basically walked through the Raider D line. Score 28-0. TOP now favors NDSU about 23 to 14 min.

NDSU is a dynasty...nobody in the FCS can touch them. Ditto for all but about the top dozen in the FBS.

Colgate only gave up 49 points to FCS teams all year. Have given up 35 today alone.

If South Dakota St. wins the Bison will have a tough game on their hands. Those two teams know each other well and hate each other as bad as MT, MTST do.

Bison will keep on winning titles unless they move up, or have numerous key injuries in the same year. They are a machine

I sit here wondering, how the hell is NDSU so dominant? Seriously the number 1 defense didn’t even stand a chance against them. I could see a few years of great recruits. But this team is a damn factory. How are any teams going to compete in the near future? And what do they do that makes them so special?

BDizzle said:
I sit here wondering, how the hell is NDSU so dominant? Seriously the number 1 defense didn’t even stand a chance against them. I could see a few years of great recruits. But this team is a damn factory. How are any teams going to compete in the near future? And what do they do that makes them so special?

One of the biggest things is they own the trenches every game usually by a big margin.

Bobby will build a team that will rival North Dakota State. Probably will take him another 5 years.

BDizzle said:
reinell30 said:
Remember when we man handled teams like NDSU? Damn I miss that and I want it back!

When was that? When they were D2?

I am talking about how NDSU is so dominant. We were there for a while too and I want to be there again, soon! Dominant team. Not saying we were ever as dominant as NDSU, just a powerhouse.

We will be. We had many serious holes when Bobby took over. He is a great recruiter, but will take some years.

Back