• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maine at Weber State Playoff Game

1972 said:
Weber isn't close to the same team they had last year. Graduated some Studs last year. Good defense, offense not so much. Really felt Eastern would beat them if they won tonight. Will be fun to watch Eastern vs that defense.
Teams very much alike; strong defenses; weak QB play. A game of exchanging punts and turnovers. Difference in the game was the late rushing TD.

Look, Maine is a strong team with plenty coming back next year. Weebs looked very bad tonight. A fun defensive struggle to watch. Though it is a BSC team, I just hate the Wildcats. Proud of Maine. They deserved it.

kemajic said:
1972 said:
Weber isn't close to the same team they had last year. Graduated some Studs last year. Good defense, offense not so much. Really felt Eastern would beat them if they won tonight. Will be fun to watch Eastern vs that defense.
Teams very much alike; strong defenses; weak QB play. A game of exchanging punts and turnovers. Difference in the game was the late rushing TD.

I thought the difference in the game was Maine controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides. Weber O line got handled all game long.

1972 said:
kemajic said:
1972 said:
I thought the difference in the game was Maine controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides. Weber O line got handled all game long.
Maine controlled the line of scrimmage on one side, not both. Yes, the Maine D manhandled the Weber OL, but the reverse was true as well. Maine gained but 286 yards in spite of short fields from 4 ints by the hapless Weber QB. The Maine OL finally had a success with the rushing TD mentioned above, the difference in the game.

Tonight may be the worst Weber has looked all year. Certainly was the worst I've seen them.
That hamstring injury in the first series to Constantine was clearly worse than Weber was letting on. Had this been any other game I doubt that they would have let him finish the game!

Not suggesting that the injury is what caused the poor play or determined the outcome, but it certainly had a negative impact on the Weber St offense.

kemajic said:
1972 said:
kemajic said:
1972 said:
Maine controlled the line of scrimmage on one side, not both. Yes, the Maine D manhandled the Weber OL, but the reverse was true as well. Maine gained but 286 yards in spite of short fields from 4 ints by the hapless Weber QB. The Maine OL finally had a success with the rushing TD mentioned above, the difference in the game.

Not being able to run the ball or protect their QB was the difference tonight. -1 yards rushing last night.

bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:

Not being able to run the ball or protect their QB was the difference tonight. -1 yards rushing last night.
I cannot recall the last time I saw a game where a team ended up with negative rushing yards. Of course, Maine was also +3 in the turn-over battle. Yet, for all that, they won by just 5 points. Yes, their defense was amazing, but as an overall performance ... maybe not so much. In a way, it's weird to consider that, just a week earlier, Maine put up 55 points on Jacksonville State.

Back