• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Statement from Jeremy Calhoun

CatzWillRise said:
Not saying we'd need/want this, or that this would ever have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, but could Calhoun technically pursue a graduate transfer to MSU? Would that supersede the Big Sky inter-transfer stipulations?

It would first require (a) Calhoun to graduate, and (b) Calhoun to have an interest in pursuing a Master's in train driving or cow fisting.

CDAGRIZ said:
CatzWillRise said:
Not saying we'd need/want this, or that this would ever have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, but could Calhoun technically pursue a graduate transfer to MSU? Would that supersede the Big Sky inter-transfer stipulations?

It would first require (a) Calhoun to graduate, and (b) Calhoun to have an interest in pursuing a Master's in train driving or cow fisting.

Cow-fisting, such a noble profession.

CatzWillRise said:

This would follow along with coach 3peats strategy of not wanting to have a QB take a snap from center. I’d say he should pursue it.

kemajic said:
Merkleman said:
This team is likely to take another step backwards next year.
I don't think so; we started 3 seniors of the 22 vs. MSU and BH has another recruiting year to fill the holes. Other teams on the schedule have far more turnover. And lose the "another"; we did not take a step back in 2018; the 2018 team was far better at the end of the year than the 2017 team.

Really? They were better? 3 losses in a row. 3 losses at home including one to Portland state. A worse win loss record and this team did better than last years?

In 2017 they lost one game at home. Never lost consecutive games, had a better win loss record and the teams they lost to last year were better than the teams the lost to this year.

CatzWillRise said:

Won’t happen. Montana has to give permission. Bobby will tell him he is free to go anywhere he wants and if JC picks a big sky school he will renege on his word and prevent it from happening. Don’t believe it? Just ask me.

Merkleman said:
kemajic said:
Merkleman said:
I don't think so; we started 3 seniors of the 22 vs. MSU and BH has another recruiting year to fill the holes. Other teams on the schedule have far more turnover. And lose the "another"; we did not take a step back in 2018; the 2018 team was far better at the end of the year than the 2017 team.

Really? They were better? 3 losses in a row. 3 losses at home including one to Portland state. A worse win loss record and this team did better than last years?

In 2017 they lost one game at home. Never lost consecutive games, had a better win loss record and the teams they lost to last year were better than the teams the lost to this year.

Nor did last year’s team give up 41 straight AND 46 straight (in back to back games) and then blow a 22-3 lead against the scats—AT HOME.

AZGrizFan said:
Merkleman said:
kemajic said:
Merkleman said:

Nor did last year’s team give up 41 straight AND 46 straight (in back to back games) and then blow a 22-3 lead against the scats—AT HOME.

We're only missing the 3 & 28 metric and this performance would have underperformed the previous year's team in every way.

Like I've been saying. We already fired a coach for a better season than this last one.

Merkleman said:
CatzWillRise said:

Won’t happen. Montana has to give permission. Bobby will tell him he is free to go anywhere he wants and if JC picks a big sky school he will renege on his word and prevent it from happening. Don’t believe it? Just ask me.

That absolutely sucks. That's not how things should be done. Sorry to hear that.

Merkleman said:
CatzWillRise said:

Ok. I'm asking you. How did BH prevent you from playing for the cats?

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
CatzWillRise said:

Wasn’t it his fists that got him into this whole mess???

jesslohse said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
CatzWillRise said:

Wasn’t it his fists that got him into this whole mess???

Maybe he'd be a natural then.

You guys are brutal. Can’t wait for the posts if his brother decides he doesn’t want to play football anymore also.

PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Merkleman said:
kemajic said:

We're only missing the 3 & 28 metric and this performance would have underperformed the previous year's team in every way.

Like I've been saying. We already fired a coach for a better season than this last one.
THIS!!!!!

'68griz said:
PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Merkleman said:

THIS!!!!!

I know...7-4 in year 3 with no playoffs and a loss to the Cats was pretty impressive.

grizindabox said:
'68griz said:
PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

THIS!!!!!

I know...7-4 in year 3 with no playoffs and a loss to the Cats was pretty impressive.

More impressive than 6-5, 4-4 and a loss to the scats and no playoffs.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
'68griz said:
PhxGriz said:

THIS!!!!!

More impressive than 6-5, 4-4 and a loss to the scats and no playoffs.

Yep....in year 1

Merkleman said:
kemajic said:
Merkleman said:

You missed the "at the end of the year" part in your selective reading. Two blowout road wins and playing MSU far tougher; doing everything but winning. Started but 3 seniors at the end. But for a home blowout of UND, the 2017 team did not finish strong and was embarrassed by MSU. Enough to miss the playoffs at 7-4 (thanks to Valpo and Savannah St.) and get the HC fired. The 2017 team ran up its stats on the weak teams; folded to the tougher ones. Never beat a playoff team.

grizindabox said:
1. Player tells coach he is not going to play to get healthy for next year.
2. Coach tells player that there is not a "spot" for him next year.
3. Player tells coach that he is still going to decline playing this year to get healthy.
5.Player is released from team.

There seems to be a hole in the events between point 3 and 5. I get JC wanting to redshirt, but I completely get this from BH's perspective.
Exactly. The only people that won’t get this think that “team” is spelled “me”

Back