• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Offensive Line

Spanky2 said:
Did you watch them play? You tell me. Oh, I know, we are waiting for them to gain weight....right?

No, I didn’t because very few of them ever saw the field as true freshmen. I most certainly am not ready to pass judgement on the entire group.

Spanky2 said:
Did you watch them play? You tell me. Oh, I know, we are waiting for them to gain weight....right?

Did Hauck's OL recruits play a lot? Jeez. Hauck is the coach now. You can take pot shots at his recruits and long for your favorite guy all you want, but Bobby is the head ball coach. He has been for a year. His guys will be ready no matter how much you want them to fail.

PlayerRep said:
Hauck told me the o-line would be better, even if he had to recruit his twins to play.

Five to play four, but I'm sure we could find a way if need be.

CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:
Hauck told me the o-line would be better, even if he had to recruit his twins to play.

Five to play four, but I'm sure we could find a way if need be.

Their volleyball eligibility is done, but they still have 4 years for football.

PlayerRep said:

Hauck hasn't changed his tone regarding the OL. He's said repeatedly, this OL group will be dominant at some point. Just not sure as to when that would be. Common sense indicates this OL will be improved in 2019. The most experienced player, Villanueva will be healthy and a SR. Sirmon will actually have a full off season to prepare and get bigger. The rest of the OL is young. They will all be stronger, more ready, more prepared, and just a matter of time to become a strong cohesive unit. No doubt, the OL will be better. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:

Did Hauck's OL recruits play a lot? Jeez. Hauck is the coach now. You can take pot shots at his recruits and long for your favorite guy all you want, but Bobby is the head ball coach. He has been for a year. His guys will be ready no matter how much you want them to fail.
I don’t want them to fail. Don’t state what you know isn’t true. Don’t know who you are or if you attended UM, but there isn’t anyone that wants us to win more than me.

mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:

Hauck hasn't changed his tone regarding the OL. He's said repeatedly, this OL group will be dominant at some point. Just not sure as to when that would be. Common sense indicates this OL will be improved in 2019. The most experienced player, Villanueva will be healthy and a SR. Sirmon will actually have a full off season to prepare and get bigger. The rest of the OL is young. They will all be stronger, more ready, more prepared, and just a matter of time to become a strong cohesive unit. No doubt, the OL will be better. :thumb:

Just like Griz Granny's annual gem, we've seen this post for years....at some point it has to come true. Eventually Germer will produce an All American or 2. That's what I am told. #waitingtoget3rdandshort

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:

I don’t want them to fail. Don’t state what you know isn’t true. Don’t know who you are or if you attended UM, but there isn’t anyone that wants us to win more than me.

I not only attended UM, I graduated therefrom with high honors, changed my legal name to CDAGRIZ, and I am the one who wants us to win more than you. I'm one in number.

SoldierGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:

Just like Griz Granny's annual gem, we've seen this post for years....at some point it has to come true. Eventually Germer will produce an All American or 2. That's what I am told. #waitingtoget3rdandshort

Reese was an all-American last year.

"MISSOULA — Two Montana football players earned All-American awards from College Sports Madness magazine.

Senior offensive lineman David Reese and junior linebacker Josh Buss were both tabbed to the magazine's third team on Friday.

Reese was a mainstay on Montana's offensive line for the past four seasons and started 47 straight games during his career.

The College Sports Madness accolade isn't Reese's first this postseason.

The 6-foot-7, 301-pound left tackle from Happy Valley, Oregon, was Montana's lone first-team All-Big Sky player this season. Reese took home the team's Paul Weskamp Award this season as well. The Weskamp Award is presented to Montana's most outstanding offensive lineman."

Germer was at UM through 2002, which included the 2 trips to Chattanooga and a championship. During that time, "he went on to coach four All-Americans during his first stint at UM, which lasted five years." Source: his UM bio.

Germer was an all-American when he played for UM too.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:

"MISSOULA — Two Montana football players earned All-American awards from College Sports Madness magazine.

Senior offensive lineman David Reese and junior linebacker Josh Buss were both tabbed to the magazine's third team on Friday.

Reese was a mainstay on Montana's offensive line for the past four seasons and started 47 straight games during his career.

The 6-foot-7, 301-pound left tackle from Happy Valley, Oregon, was Montana's lone first-team All-Big Sky player this season. Reese took home the team's Paul Weskamp Award this season as well. The Weskamp Award is presented to Montana's most outstanding offensive lineman."

Germer was at UM through 2002, which included the 2 trips to Chattanooga and a championship. During that time, "he went on to coach four All-Americans during his first stint at UM, which lasted five years." Source: his UM bio.

Like I said...he's gonna begin churning AAs out just like he used to. Just has to get his guys in place.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:

Great example of another tall o-lineman!!

Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:
Compared to some games of yours I watched early on where your line looked terrible, come cat griz I was actually pretty impressed. They improved a ton. Get some guys healthy and I don’t think this will be a position of huge concern for you going into 2019.

Maybe we didn’t watch the same game?

Maybe more a sign of conditioning than talent, IMO. The Cats OL and DL wore down their Griz counterparts in the second half.

Walkon79 said:
Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:
Compared to some games of yours I watched early on where your line looked terrible, come cat griz I was actually pretty impressed. They improved a ton. Get some guys healthy and I don’t think this will be a position of huge concern for you going into 2019.

Maybe more a sign of conditioning than talent, IMO. The Cats OL and DL wore down their Griz counterparts in the second half.

Well, considering we were 10-1 if games had stopped after 3 quarters you might be onto something. :oops: :oops:

AZGrizFan said:
Walkon79 said:
Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:

Well, considering we were 10-1 if games had stopped after 3 quarters you might be onto something. :oops: :oops:
I agree. Hasn’t been much discussion about the DL, but we could use an infusion of talent there as well. If we can’t compete with state college re the line play, we have a problem.

Back