• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs College of Idaho

PlayerRep said:
Griz looked good. Falls was first off bench. Dorsey came late in each half. Played 9 players in first half and 11, I think, in second half.

Not so hot free throw shooting again. Some great passing, especially in first half. Morehead scored some points. Kramer was really blocking shots. Needs to look for a shot more when he gets the ball down low. Manuel hit a couple 3's and then missed a bunch. Rorie and Pridgett had nice games. Oguine too.

Kramer's only basket was a lob-pass that I think might have gone straight in even if he didn't help dunk it in the last 6 inches. Pass him the ball on the low-blocks and he panics and has no idea what to do. This is against under-sized NAIA guys. He is better on the defensive end, but he has almost no offensive ability right now.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
Griz looked good. Falls was first off bench. Dorsey came late in each half. Played 9 players in first half and 11, I think, in second half.

Not so hot free throw shooting again. Some great passing, especially in first half. Morehead scored some points. Kramer was really blocking shots. Needs to look for a shot more when he gets the ball down low. Manuel hit a couple 3's and then missed a bunch. Rorie and Pridgett had nice games. Oguine too.

Kramer's only basket was a lob-pass that I think might have gone straight in even if he didn't help dunk it in the last 6 inches. Pass him the ball on the low-blocks and he panics and has no idea what to do. This is against under-sized NAIA guys. He is better on the defensive end, but he has almost no offensive ability right now.

If UM has a non-legit D-1 redshirt frosh starting, UM must be pretty bad this year or have bad coaching. 1-2 shooting, 6 rebounds (2d on team), 3 blocks, 1 steal, 1 foul and no TO, in22 minutes. Shooting 71.4% for season, with only 7 shots.

The College of Idaho roster lists 2 players at 6'8", 1 at 6'7", and 2 at 6''6".

In the last NAIA poll, College of Idaho was ranked no. 2 in the nation, and was 11-1.

PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:

If UM has a non-legit D-1 redshirt frosh starting, UM must be pretty bad this year or have bad coaching. 1-2 shooting, 6 rebounds (2d on team), 3 blocks, 1 steal, 1 foul and no TO, in22 minutes. Shooting 71.4% for season, with only 7 shots.

In the last NAIA poll, College of Idaho was ranked no. 2 in the nation, and was 11-1.
Kelby is a work in progress. However, he already is changing opponents shots, even when he does not swat them. He also is good at tipping rebounds out to teammates. This was something Fab did with regularity.

GrizWhiz said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:

Kelby is a work in progress. However, he already is changing opponents shots, even when he does not swat them. He also is good at tipping rebounds out to teammates. This was something Fab did with regularity.

I disagree with you on the bolded part, whiz. He tries to tip them but is not good at it yet. Not like Fab, anyways. Last game he whiffed quite a few and tipped one way out of bounds. If he can get himself under control, then I will agree. Kelby has the tools to be above average. I want to see him be more aggressive. I would love to have Kelby's ability (And smarts) with the attitude of Billy Reader.

GrizWhiz said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:

Our joke was that one of their posts was going to end up with more of his shots blocked by Kramer than the player was going to have points. Not only does he block and alter shots, but he usually goes straight up and doesn't foul. I think he blocked one while only being on his tiptoes. He certainly has a long way to go, but I think he has very nice upside.

PeauxRouge said:
GrizWhiz said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:

I disagree with you on the bolded part, whiz. He tries to tip them but is not good at it yet. Not like Fab, anyways. Last game he whiffed quite a few and tipped one way out of bounds. If he can get himself under control, then I will agree. Kelby has the tools to be above average. I want to see him be more aggressive. I would love to have Kelby's ability (And smarts) with the attitude of Billy Reader.

Well, Billy Reader's "Attitude" didn't serve him well in his short stay at UM, did it?

maroonandsilver said:
PeauxRouge said:
GrizWhiz said:
PlayerRep said:

Well, Billy Reader's "Attitude" didn't serve him well in his short stay at UM, did it?

His smarts didn't serve him, no. His attitude on the court was a different story. Wanted the ball every time. Was vocal about it, and worked to get to the rim. That's what I want to see from Kelby. I think we may get it from Mac first, though.

PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:

Just so you know thats NAIA DII poll.

rosco said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:

Got it. Not sure what that is. Thx.

PlayerRep said:
rosco said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:

I didn't know either. Apparently there is a Division 2 in NAIA basketball, below the division the Montana NAIA schools compete in. D2 gets less scholarships to allocate.

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1069790926954876928[/media]
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:

More like 7 inches

flatheadgriz406 said:
ps he just turned 18.

The Griz bio gives no birthdates, inexplicably. how can a Red-Shirt frosh still be only 18? I am calling BS

Zirg said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
ps he just turned 18.

The Griz bio gives no birthdates, inexplicably. how can a Red-Shirt frosh still be only 18? I am calling BS

Griz Signee DJ Carter-Hollinger is a senior in HS and is only 16 currently. Assuming he Red-Shirts, he will be an 18 y.o. RS Freshman.

G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
rosco said:
PlayerRep said:

I didn't know either. Apparently there is a Division 2 in NAIA basketball, below the division the Montana NAIA schools compete in. D2 gets less scholarships to allocate.

And yet College of Idaho is part of the Frontier Conference and D1 in football.

Back