• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

The Griz need to figure out how to get Dawson Allen from Fairfield to come to the Griz. The kid is a very slightly slower version of Sulser, in a much bigger body. He is really, really good.

Noah Ambuehl 6'3" 220 (Great Falls Catholic HS) is a good grab at TE. His dad is a former CMR player that never lost a game in Great Falls. Noah is in the Class C-8 man State Championship this coming weekend versus Drummond/Phillipsburgh, in Butte's Naranche Stadium. I would watch him (already seen him play once this season though) but Missoula is the place on earth this weekend.

AZGrizFan said:
Montana needs to figure out how to finish the HS season BEFORE Griz/Cat week.
YES!!! I would still love to see all of the games played on the Friday before Griz/Cat, at the same location as the G/C game. That would make for a GREAT weekend!!

grizpack said:
The Griz need to figure out how to get Dawson Allen from Fairfield to come to the Griz. The kid is a very slightly slower version of Sulser, in a much bigger body. He is really, really good.

I agree. He is one of the best athletes in the state. Great track athlete. Just scratching the surface of what he could do on the football field. I think he is leaning toward track at the next level.

grizatwork said:
grizpack said:

I agree. He is one of the best athletes in the state. Great track athlete. Just scratching the surface of what he could do on the football field. I think he is leaning toward track at the next level.

That is what I have heard also. Does track offer a full-ride?

grizpack said:
AZGrizFan said:
Montana needs to figure out how to finish the HS season BEFORE Griz/Cat week.
YES!!! I would still love to see all of the games played on the Friday before Griz/Cat, at the same location as the G/C game. That would make for a GREAT weekend!!

That's not the worst idea I've heard....would make hotels a big problem, but the cities of Missoula and bozeman would love it. Fields would be fine too since they are both artificial turf.

grizpack said:
grizatwork said:
grizpack said:

Pardon, jumping in here to answer your question. Track/Field offers a full ride to only a handful of athletes each year. The teams are large, both men and women, and the pool of scholarship money small in comparison to the more popular sports. Many partials, few full-rides. The rare athlete offered a full scholarship is one who's setting state if not national records in their event...

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
grizpack said:
grizatwork said:
grizpack said:

Pardon, jumping in here to answer your question. Track/Field offers a full ride to only a handful of athletes each year. The teams are large, both men and women, and the pool of scholarship money small in comparison to the more popular sports. Many partials, few full-rides. The rare athlete offered a full scholarship is one who's setting state if not national records in their event...

Thanks. that was my understanding also. Kind of like baseball.

ChesterGriz said:
Thanks Payton for all your work on this. Any chance you could add the teams we were up against for the commitments we have received? Just thought it would be interesting.

Go Griz!

2019 Verbals (12)
ATH- Joey Elwell 6’3” 235 (Mountain View HS) Meridian, ID
(UC Davis,, St Francis-PA, Georgetown, Idaho State, Idaho, NAU, msu,)
ATH- Elias Dewaters 5' 10" 185 (Sentinel HS) Missoula, MT
(Not Known)
ATH- Ryder Meyer (Fairfield HS) Fairfield, MT
(Not known- Verballed really early)
QB/Ath- Kris Brown 6’4” 215 (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT
(msu)
RB/LB- Nick Ostmo 6'0" 215 (Lincoln HS) Portland, OR
(Army, AF)
TE- Noah Ambuehl 6'3" 220 (Great Falls Catholic HS) Great Falls, MT

DE/OLB- Alex Hurlburt 6'3" 220 (West Salem HS) Salem, OR
(Portland State)
DE- Jacob McGourin 6'5" 215 (Cheney HS) Cheney, WA
(EWU)
DL- Garrison Poetzl 6'4" 240 (Billings Senior HS) Billings, MT
(Unsure)
LB- Ryan Tirrell 6’2” 195 (Loyola HS) Missoula, MT
(Not known- Verballed really early) Family Ties
CB/WR- Trevin Gradney 6’0” 170 (Billings West HS) Billings, MT
(msu)
DB/WR- Corbin Walker (Hazen HS) Renton, WA. (2 3-Star)
(Air Force, N. Colorado, Northern Iowa, & msu)

Great story and info on Ryder Meyer

https://montanasports.com/high-school/football/2018/11/14/finishing-high-school-football-career-in-missoula-all-too-perfect-for-ryder-meyer/

Paytonlives said:
ChesterGriz said:
Thanks Payton for all your work on this. Any chance you could add the teams we were up against for the commitments we have received? Just thought it would be interesting.

Go Griz!

2019 Verbals (12)
(Not Known)
(msu)
(Army, AF)

(Portland State)
(EWU)
(Unsure)
(msu)
Thank you!

With such a big game this weekend, anybody know of recruits being at the game? My guess is the Must have guys will come with all the commits in December.

my guess would be several o/l will be there as drop downs or jc transfers so they can enroll for winter conditioning and spring ball.....also, acclamation to the academic challenges and the Hauck way will be very important if they are to contribute next fall..... i have not heard of anyone so far though.

I think "OL: Drop Downs and JC Transfers" should be a meditation mantra for some people on here. Hauck brought in zero last year, so yes, there is a chance there will be a few more. Don't hold your breath...for a couple of reasons.

Paytonlives said:
ChesterGriz said:

Go Griz!

2019 Verbals (12)
(Not Known)
(msu)
(Army, AF)

(Portland State)
(EWU)
(Unsure)
(msu)

Kris Brown had no offer or real interest from MSU. On the flip side, Garrison Poetzl was offered by MSU.

WR/CB- Jesse Owens (Billings West HS) Billings, MT (T 6/20/18)

5bee1ea6c2f2e.image.jpg

Key weapon in this weekends class AA state championship:

https://missoulian.com/sports/high-school/football/flash-and-dash-jesse-owens-provides-the-big-play-for/article_a91c3202-59f6-5aea-98a2-0adfee5ec692.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

"The big play is what Owens does. While junior running back DeMarcus Carr and the (Billings West) offensive line helps pound down opponents (Carr has rushed for 1,935 yards and 26 touchdowns), Owens provides the flash and dash."

DeMarcus Carr will be on radars...

IntuitiveGriz said:
"The big play is what Owens does. While junior running back DeMarcus Carr and the (Billings West) offensive line helps pound down opponents (Carr has rushed for 1,935 yards and 26 touchdowns), Owens provides the flash and dash."

DeMarcus Carr will be on radars...

I hope Carr is a Griz, I’ve heard he is a Griz fan too, another player I hope we get is Rostad and he is a Griz fan too.

:thumb: Glad to hear they are Griz fans.

Rostad is having an awesome HS career: (as you know, but the board might not)

[media]https://youtu.be/C_Nnwa2XzuA[/media]

Back