• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Literally everything that needed to happen to make playoffs....

HookedonGriz

DONOR
In the FCS today to keep a playoff hope alive for Griz happened.

12of the 15 teams in spots 21-35 lost as well as the mvfc basically eliminating their shot at 4 teams. It’s pretty darn incredible what happened today. The winner of brawl will at least be in discussion. It’s a miracle it got there!

Need a few MAJOR things to happen for the winner of the Brawl to get in:

- first, the Griz need to win the Brawl.....the more convincing the better
- next, Weber needs to knock out ISU so they aren’t in the discussion at all
- then, NAU needs to knock out UND in Arizona so they are no longer part of the discussion
- then we need a little bit of help nationally for a couple other bubble teams to go down

If all these things happen, and they may, then winner of the Brawl is in for sure. If some of these things don’t come to fruition, then winner is in the discussion but very much a bubble battling other resumes at that point. And with the cats or Griz having no quality wins to hang their hats on, it would be an uphill battle.

grizpack said:
If we win next week, I think we are in. 7-4. The NCAA LOVES money....

Not being snarky, but that money didn't bring us the tournament the last two years at 7-4.

PhxGriz said:
grizpack said:
If we win next week, I think we are in. 7-4. The NCAA LOVES money....

Not being snarky, but that money didn't bring us the tournament the last two years at 7-4.
We were 6-5 in 2016, in addition to losing 4 of our last 5 games.

Last year we went 2-2 in our last 4, losing to a less than great bobcat team and having a pretty weak SOS.

This year has a little bit of last year and a little bit of 2015, where we did make the playoffs at 7-4. Our SOS isn't great, but it's not terrible (30th in FCS).

I think we'll need to crush MSU to even have a shot, and then we'll have won our last three, two on the road, by a wide margin, which will hopefully look good enough for the committee to let us in.

I think we need to beat MSU by at least two scores this weekend to get in the conversation. Gonna be tough.

Hell nah, because we have hack back and because we have the best stadium to play in, Griz beat the sCats, we in EZ. #gogriz

Back