• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Playoffs

clawman said:
The committee will consider lots of things such as best win?? Who would that be?
Who is your worst loss?
Considering you lost to UCD by 26 late in the season, which the Eagles just beat by 39 might be a good place to start.
The Eagles still remember that 7 wins is not the holy ground it used to be, they were snubbed last year, no quality wins and a couple of ugly losses.

I agree clawman. Griz have tough losses and no real quality win to hang their hat on....just hoping to get that 7th win to make them think about it.

CDAGRIZ said:
clawman said:
The committee will consider lots of things such as best win?? Who would that be?
Who is your worst loss?
Considering you lost to UCD by 26 late in the season, which the Eagles just beat by 39 might be a good place to start.
The Eagles still remember that 7 wins is not the holy ground it used to be, they were snubbed last year, no quality wins and a couple of ugly losses.

Consider this, consider this: You're attempting to lecture fans of The University of Montana Grizzlies about the playoffs. Everything you know, everything you think you know, and everything you hope to know about the NCAA FCS Playoffs, we already know.
egriz arrogance. The mark of an elite program.

Bottom line (stark truth) on the "Brawl of the Wild" result:
Griz win they'll get a bid. Lose = OUT.

Might be also true for the kitties, but I'm not so sure on that.

Point: Not basing this just on $$$ for a Griz home game. No doubt, the NCAA loves money, but FCS is really a minor sideline in that regard. But at its second (or third) tier level. Montana brings some history to the event, which certainly helps their "story line."

Plus ... the NCAA committee has also shown a preference for team that are "on a role" at the end.

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
clawman said:
Who is your worst loss?

Consider this, consider this: You're attempting to lecture fans of The University of Montana Grizzlies about the playoffs. Everything you know, everything you think you know, and everything you hope to know about the NCAA FCS Playoffs, we already know.

Can't say I'm wrong, though. Never think, for one minute, that you are more than a simple prop to occupy my time.

I don’t even care at this point. The way this team played for several straight weeks I’m very surprised that they even got to 6 wins, much less have an opportunity to win a seventh and be in the conversation for a playoff bid. It’s all gravy at this point and I’m going to enjoy the ride. The team went 1-0 this week, hopefully they do it again next week, and god willing, the week after that! Go Griz! Payback is a bitch and it would be nice to knock MSU out of their first potential playoff berth in years while at the same time punching our ticket!

CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
clawman said:
Who is your worst loss?

Can't say I'm wrong, though. Never think, for one minute, that you are more than a simple prop to occupy my time.
I feel so insignificant. :lol:

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Think about the place where you live, wonder why you haven't before.

Not a done deal, but it's a very REAL possibility the winner of the Brawl gets in. No matter how many Griz fans think the Griz don't deserve it. With the carnage today in the FCS, coupled with both teams appearing to be red-hot, the winner will be hard for the committee to keep out.

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Isn't that what it says on the Welcome to Cheney sign?

SaskGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

I live in Spokane, but I'm more Montana than either of you dumbasses.

A weber win against isu gives them the auto bid...eastern seeded and Davis a first round bye. Isu sunk its own ship on Saturday and msu and Montana stay alive with the winner hosting a playoff game. My prediction for the 24th attendance is 21000 at Washington Grizzly Stadium. :coffee:

George Ferguson said:
Not a done deal, but it's a very REAL possibility the winner of the Brawl gets in. No matter how many Griz fans think the Griz don't deserve it. With the carnage today in the FCS, coupled with both teams appearing to be red-hot, the winner will be hard for the committee to keep out.
Except for that little loss against the worst team in the fcs, PSU. That game alone will keep us out. Hope I'm wrong but if we don't make it you can hang your hat on that one.

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That's because you are .

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology

This bracket gave a spot to the winner of the cat-griz game

GoldenEagle said:
SaskGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I live in Spokane, but I'm more Montana than either of you dumbasses.

And you've got the best words, now go build a wall and make me pay for it.

DrainBramage said:

That bracket had the cats getting in over UND ifnthey beat the Griz. If the Griz beat the cats and UND wins at NAu, the committee won't put Griz over a UND team that beat them easily.

Need a few MAJOR things to happen for the winner of the Brawl to get in:

- first, the Griz need to win the Brawl.....the more convincing the better
- next, Weber needs to knock out ISU so they aren’t in the discussion at all
- then, NAU needs to knock out UND in Arizona so they are no longer part of the discussion
- then we need a little bit of help nationally for a couple other bubble teams to go down

If all these things happen, and they may, then winner of the Brawl is in for sure. If some of these things don’t come to fruition, then winner is in the discussion but very much a bubble battling other resumes at that point. And with the cats or Griz having no quality wins to hang their hats on, it would be an uphill battle.

That we're in 'cause we're the Griz ship sailed away long ago. There is not way in hell a team with a 7-4 record with wins against teams it should beat and losses against teams it could have defeated gets in.

Montana's best outcome for 2018 is to match its 2017 7-4 record, with a new QB and a new coaching staff. It will have lost no ground for the transition, which is better than a lot of teams with new coaches and personell can say. The Griz were also the only team to fire a 7-4 coach last year. To maintain that record is good. Next year, there better be a couple more games in the win column.

grzz said:
DrainBramage said:

That bracket had the cats getting in over UND ifnthey beat the Griz. If the Griz beat the cats and UND wins at NAu, the committee won't put Griz over a UND team that beat them easily.
wonder if the committee would favor a conference team over an independent? Or late season comparison. UND lost to Idaho in Moscow and Griz destroyed Idaho in Moscow.

Back