• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

BTW: We won today... Big ... Without those that chose not to play.... Life goes on... I wish the best to Mr. Calhoun. But he will be replaced. Just as we all will when we leave our jobs.

Good talk folks.....

grizpack said:
BTW: We won today... Big ... Without those that chose not to play.... Life goes on... I wish the best to Mr. Calhoun. But he will be replaced. Just as we all will when we leave our jobs.

Good talk folks.....

This. We got by ok without him. He will do fine without us. Best of luck to him.

HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:
https://twitter.com/frankgogola/status/1061467740639297536?s=21

Translation: “I mean he wanted to redshirt and come back next year but why would I do that right?”

Seriously, I have zero problem with him not wanting to do it.

signedbewildered said:
grizpack said:

Good talk folks.....

This. We got by ok without him. He will do fine without us. Best of luck to him.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure the Griz would have, or will do "fine" without Justin at corner next year.

George Ferguson said:
signedbewildered said:
grizpack said:

Good talk folks.....

Maybe, but I'm not so sure the Griz would have, or will do "fine" without Justin at corner next year.

I doubt that will happen.
(1) Justin is fully dedicated to the team and classroom.
(2) He already used his redshirt year. Therefore he cannot transfer to another DIV 1 school.
(3) I doubt Justin would drop down to play his final season.
(4) He has a lot of untapped CB potential to reach still. Coach Hauck can bring him to that level. The kid is already very good at CB. Can you imagine how much an entire off season of training will do for him as a CB?

I would be very surprised if we lose Justin too.

mtgrizrule said:
George Ferguson said:
signedbewildered said:
grizpack said:

Good talk folks.....

I doubt that will happen.
(1) Justin is fully dedicated to the team and classroom.
(2) He already used his redshirt year. Therefore he cannot transfer to another DIV 1 school.
(3) I doubt Justin would drop down to play his final season.
(4) He has a lot of untapped CB potential to reach still. Coach Hauck can bring him to that level. The kid is already very good at CB. Can you imagine how much an entire off season of training will do for him as a CB?

I would be very surprised if we lose Justin too.

Grad Transfer??

grizpack said:

Good talk folks.....

Sounds to me that he asked if he could stay at his "job" for another year and the "boss" said he didn't want him. jmo

rgrizfan said:
grizpack said:

Good talk folks.....

Sounds to me that he asked if he could stay at his "job" for another year and the "boss" said he didn't want him. jmo

That is more true than you think. :thumb:

Tell him to walk on next season and take out a student loan if he wants to redeem himself to the fellas and BH. Who knows it could be a cool human interest story..........what would bob do?

Fahque said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:
Bobby is the coach and makes the decisions. It’s really that simple.

Agreed. BH decided not to have Calhoun back next year. Time will tell if it was a good decision, but I think it must be.

Has Bobby ever made a bad decision?

Many of them, especially in NCs. :lol:

ordigger said:
Fahque said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:
Bobby is the coach and makes the decisions. It’s really that simple.

Agreed. BH decided not to have Calhoun back next year. Time will tell if it was a good decision, but I think it must be.

Has Bobby ever made a bad decision?

Many of them, especially in NCs. :lol:

Really !!!
I suppose you never made a bad decision or two or three or etc.etc in your life . I can do I couldn't even count how many I've made . Anyone that's says they have haven't is a liar .Sign of a real man is ,realize it, fix it and learn ,then move on .
Hauck basically stated he wanted to come back and get a NC for the U . Life pretty much kicked him in the teeth when he went to UNLV . Suprising what a man can learn when he realizes he is at the bottom . It either has /will happen to everyone in there life . One last thing before you cast the next stone digger . How humble are you ?

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Hopefully, he will be back for the playoffs after not playing two games.
Not holding my breath on that one.

I think that would cost him the redshirt, and if that’s what all of this is about, I’d not expect to see him. Hoping, if what most the rumors are saying are true, that Bobby and him can sit down after the season and work this out and he’ll be back in a Grizzly uniform next year.

alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

I think that would cost him the redshirt, and if that’s what all of this is about, I’d not expect to see him. Hoping, if what most the rumors are saying are true, that Bobby and him can sit down after the season and work this out and he’ll be back in a Grizzly uniform next year.

As great as that would be, it would take an almost miracle for Hauck to do it. Likely, Jeremy Calhoun has played his last snap as a GRIZ.

mtgrizrule said:
alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

As great as that would be, it would take an almost miracle for Hauck to do it. Likely, Jeremy Calhoun has played his last snap as a GRIZ.

Sadly I think your right. I can see Bobby wanting him to move on too simply for the fact of his health. I’m sure most of Griz nation cringes every time he lowers his head while running the ball like I do.

Back