• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Missouri Valley...

Paytonlives

Staff member
Could it be they only get 2 TEAMS?

North Dakota State 7-0 (10-0)
South Dakota State 5-2 (7-2)

Indiana State 4-3 (6-4) (Hosts 5-5 Western Ill)
Western Illinois 4-3 (5-5) (at Indiana State)

Northern Iowa 4-3 (5-5) (Hosts Missouri State
Illinois State 2-5 (5-5) (vs Youngstown)

Nope
Youngstown State 3-4 (4-6)
South Dakota 3-4 (4-6)
Missouri State 2-5 (4-6)
Southern Illinois 1-6 (2-8)

If Indiana State wins their last game to hit 7-4, they'll get in because of how highly regarded (and rightly so) the MVFC is. Gotta root for a WIU upset. The less 7-4 teams, the better. If the Griz take care of business against bozeman state junior college of ag, they'll be in the discussion... especially since they're one of a handful of teams that would draw worth a damn on Thanksgiving weekend for a playoff game.

HookedonGriz said:
Indiana St only has 5 D1 wins as well, similar to ISU.

I didn't realize that, but you can be damn sure if anybody can get a team into the playoffs with only 6 D1 wins, max, you can bet it is the MVFC.

Can't see the MVFC getting only two bids. But their conference season has been so crazy, I also do not see them getting more than four (and quite possibly, not that many). The CAA has been equally nuts, so I don't see them getting six (despite some hype along the way that they might).

Bottom line: 7-4 Griz team on a three-game win streak gets a bid. Not at all a given, even with the Griz at home ... despite their problems along the way, the kitties have patched together a competitive squad.

IdaGriz01 said:
Can't see the MVFC getting only two bids. But their conference season has been so crazy, I also do not see them getting more than four (and quite possibly, not that many). The CAA has been equally nuts, so I don't see them getting six (despite some hype along the way that they might).

Bottom line: 7-4 Griz team on a three-game win streak gets a bid. Not at all a given, even with the Griz at home ... despite their problems along the way, the kitties have patched together a competitive squad.

No question on the bolded above...$$$$

Next week should be a helluva contest. FTC

Back