• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Surprised everyone

yellowstone60

I would say that very few called the outcome on this game, yes, many picked Griz to win, but not by this margin....I think that the GRIZ kittie game is gonna be a slaughter, Montana GRIZ style ! :thumb:

yellowstone60 said:
I would say that very few called the outcome on this game, yes, many picked Griz to win, but not by this margin....I think that the GRIZ kittie game is gonna be a slaughter, Montana GRIZ style ! :thumb:

Don't be so sure about that.

signedbewildered said:
yellowstone60 said:

I am MORE than sure, Bank on it !

yellowstone60 said:

:lol:

yellowstone60 said:
signedbewildered said:
yellowstone60 said:

I hope you are right and I think the Griz get a win at home. Anderson is a beast. No question about it, but this will three years in a row that the Cats are very one dimensional. I am confident we will see better defensive schemes by the Griz. Really the game comes down to giving Sneed some time. If he gets it he has the receivers to do some damage. Once again this game comes down to the trenches. It will be interesting for sure and I bet there is no walking/trotting out of the tunnel this year.

Copper Griz said:
yellowstone60 said:
signedbewildered said:
yellowstone60 said:

I hope you are right and I think the Griz get a win at home. Anderson is a beast. No question about it, but this will three years in a row that the Cats are very one dimensional. I am confident we will see better defensive schemes by the Griz. Really the game comes down to giving Sneed some time. If he gets it he has the receivers to do some damage. Once again this game comes down to the trenches. It will be interesting for sure and I bet there is no walking/trotting out of the tunnel this year.

The game will be interesting for sure. I don’t see a blowout happening either way. I never predict a winner on this one because it’s such a 50/50 game.
To your point about making sure Sneed has time to get it to the receivers, that will be a really interesting matchup to watch.
The strength of the Cats D is undoubtedly their D-line and the weakness to the Griz offense undoubtedly has to be their O-line. The Cats secondary is as good as it’s been in years too, so I think they’ll stick with the receivers pretty well. The weakness is the LB’s and they’ve been susceptible to big plays on the outside all year, a la JLM. So that’s where I’m really hoping the Cats have a plan.

Defensive coordinators message:
tye traitorick.....don’t let number 11 beat us. Pressure
Baer................don’t let number 15 beat us. Buss and either Miller or Alexander.

Catsrgrood said:
Copper Griz said:
yellowstone60 said:
signedbewildered said:

The game will be interesting for sure. I don’t see a blowout happening either way. I never predict a winner on this one because it’s such a 50/50 game.
To your point about making sure Sneed has time to get it to the receivers, that will be a really interesting matchup to watch.
The strength of the Cats D is undoubtedly their D-line and the weakness to the Griz offense undoubtedly has to be their O-line. The Cats secondary is as good as it’s been in years too, so I think they’ll stick with the receivers pretty well. The weakness is the LB’s and they’ve been susceptible to big plays on the outside all year, a la JLM. So that’s where I’m really hoping the Cats have a plan.

I would definitely run Akem and Toure out of the slot some as well. That leaves the Cats the choice of moving a LB or Safety outside on JLM or Sulser, or sticking with either of the 2 (Akem/Toure) in the slot. Either way, that is a matchup nightmare for the Cats. Also sprinkle in a lot of 3 TE sets to improve our run blocking and test the Cat LB coverage skills on TE's. Their is a lot Rosenbach can do to test the Cat linebackers in pass coverage.

As for defending the Cats, rotate Buss, Olson, Robertson, Miller spying on him. I'd say Hauck too, but Anderson could absolutely destroy Hauck 1 on 1. Hauck just doesn't have the size to take on Anderson as a spy. Hell Anderson might do that to the others at a 50/50 clip. I wish we had Anderson. That guy is the very definition of Football Player.

Should help that Gregorak won’t be able to key on Just two formations where he knew pretty much how to play it. Rosey is more multiple so that’ll help but still think their d-line has the advantage over our o-line.

timjayko said:
Watch for Gabe Sulser in open spaces, catch run score and sad cat faces.

I’m nervous about this. Feel like with our backers he could have a career day just sliding under their coverage and getting a ton of yac. Our linebackers need to play so much better than they have all season.

ilovethecats said:
timjayko said:
Watch for Gabe Sulser in open spaces, catch run score and sad cat faces.

I’m nervous about this. Feel like with our backers he could have a career day just sliding under their coverage and getting a ton of yac. Our linebackers need to play so much better than they have all season.

I'm thinking a definite possibility with JLM as well. :p

Every team the cats play know TA is going to run, and they still can't stop him. They also have a couple good running backs. Sprinkle in a pass or two, the scats will do their damage and get their points, no doubt. Our offense has to keep rolling like it has the past two weeks, if they come out flat we're in trouble. And of course, turnovers and mistakes. The team that makes the fewest probably wins this game.

yellowstone60 said:

I dunno I was a little disappointed I predicted 45-14, which is what i figure the Griz will romp the scats by as well. I have long been predicting we will be in the playoffs.

It will help that the Bobcat's defensive coordinator will not be on the sidelines calling out all of our offensive plays before they happen.

Back