• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

I get that it’s Bobby’s team, but he’s hands down the best back on the team. Maybe he’s causing some team grief? Or getting in trouble again? Hope his brother doesn’t bolt with him...

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:
Bobby is the coach and makes the decisions. It’s really that simple.

Agreed. BH decided not to have Calhoun back next year. Time will tell if it was a good decision, but I think it must be.

Has Bobby ever made a bad decision?

I didn't know the players got to choose their redshirt year... He is a cancer to the team, glad he is gone.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
You are really confused. Repeating, it appears Calhoun wanted to redshirt this year - not play these last two games, presuming he would have a scholarship next year. BH does not have to prioritize that schollie for Calhoun who has walked from these last two games. Hauck was sure of his value to the program for the rest of this year; unsure of next year with his history.

So, what about what I wrote is incorrect? Still confused. Is he on the team, or did Hauck kick him off?
He was on the team until he decided to not play the last two games presuming he was entitled to a 5th year schollie. Which is at the discretion of the HC.

So, as I originally posted, he chose not to play so he could redshirt, and then Hauck kicked him off the team. Got it.
Redshirts are managed by the coaching staff; there is no entitlement to redshirt or to 5th year redshirt scholarship coverage. Hauck was not in agreement; he wanted him to play. He redshirted himself, which will work if he can find a DII next year.

Fahque said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:
Bobby is the coach and makes the decisions. It’s really that simple.
Agreed. BH decided not to have Calhoun back next year. Time will tell if it was a good decision, but I think it must be.
Has Bobby ever made a bad decision?
Many, but this wasn't one of them.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
So, what about what I wrote is incorrect? Still confused. Is he on the team, or did Hauck kick him off?
He was on the team until he decided to not play the last two games presuming he was entitled to a 5th year schollie. Which is at the discretion of the HC.

So, as I originally posted, he chose not to play so he could redshirt, and then Hauck kicked him off the team. Got it.
Redshirts are managed by the coaching staff; there is no entitlement to redshirt or to 5th year redshirt scholarship coverage. Hauck was not in agreement; he wanted him to play. He redshirted himself, which will work if he can find a DII next year.

He can still go DI next year if he becomes a graduate transfer

kemajic said:
retiredpopo said:
It's obvious we don't need him today and we won't need him next week. One person is to blame and it's not the coach.
Calhoun has indeed played in 4 games, SacSt,UND, UCD and SUU. Granting a 5th year redshirt schollie is the HC's decision, not the player; it is no entitlement. I doubt we know the facts here. But I suspect BH thinks it's more important for the program for him to play these games now than to hold back for next year. With his history, he is available now; who knows about next year.

This would my guess too. Like many, I think Calhoun is clearly the best rb this year and gives us a gear or two we don’t otherwise have.

Too bad. Bummer. Have never met the kid, but I like him.

Fahque said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

Sure, if he graduates this year; do you think that is going to happen?

kemajic said:
Fahque said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Sure, if he graduates this year; do you think that is going to happen?

Hell if I know. I’m sure stranger things have happened

MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Friend of a friend told me he had to choose between an important Chess Club match with The Octopus and this game.

+bonus points for Octopus reference.

He still around?

Last I heard he played pickup games at Bernice’s Bakety on Tuesday evenings!

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Pls reconcile bolded, thx.

Anyone know if Hauck has a gentleman's obligation to make sure he gets the redshirt so he can go play somewhere else? Or is it just automatic [for the people]?

EDIT: I'll probably go full REM references in context for the rest of the night.

Frank Gogola @FrankGogola
1m
I asked Bobby why Jeremy Calhoun didn't make the trip. Hauck: "He decided not to play anymore."

Then asked him if Jeremy is still on the team this season. Hauck: "I mean, he didn't want to play anymore, so."

Calhoun is at four games played this year and could still redshirt.

Back