• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Well We Can Stop the Talk....

PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes, and we supposedly fixed the “coach” issues when Stitt was let go and Hauck brought back to be the savior. We beat these guys like a rented mule last year and the year before. Amazing the different trajectories these two programs are on.

We can't say with any certainty how this team would have done under Stitt, but I am highly doubtful they would have been a playoff team if he was still the head coach.

I can say with a high amount of certainty that Stitt would be better than 4-3. Not saying Hauck is necessarily a worse coach but consistently changing players/schemes is not the path to success

Yes, you can say that, but you would be dead wrong.

Which players or schemes has Hauck changed?
Eaton,Justin Calhoun both to defense Caleb hill from qb. To tight end. Fa'atuiese from lb. To FB. Back to lb. Just to name a few.

PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes, and we supposedly fixed the “coach” issues when Stitt was let go and Hauck brought back to be the savior. We beat these guys like a rented mule last year and the year before. Amazing the different trajectories these two programs are on.

We can't say with any certainty how this team would have done under Stitt, but I am highly doubtful they would have been a playoff team if he was still the head coach.

I can say with a high amount of certainty that Stitt would be better than 4-3. Not saying Hauck is necessarily a worse coach but consistently changing players/schemes is not the path to success

The offensive scheme and the QB?

I mean... I may be crazy but I think that alone is a lot

Also, stitts worst season(2016), was not this bad and there is no way you would convince me Stitt was heading to a worse record than last year

grizindabox said:
Eriul said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sure you can say it, doesn't mean anything. I can say they would have been 0-7 and be just as right....or wrong

Sure... but you’re just being your contrarian self so I’m not even going to bother trying to formulate arguments because you’d argue the sky is green on this board to satisfy your life

Our receivers need to soak their hands in Cougar Pee before Every game. The hitch is they have to catch that cougar first barehanded. Go Griz

Eriul said:
PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
grizindabox said:

The offensive scheme and the QB?

I mean... I may be crazy but I think that alone is a lot

Also, stitts worst season(2016), was not this bad and there is no way you would convince me Stitt was heading to a worse record than last year

I thought you meant that Hauck was changing players and schemes during the season this year. Of course, a new coach changes things.

The reason Stitt was terminated was because he was taking the program down, not up. Sneed is a better qb than Jensen, in my view. Hauck beefed up the o-line recruits a bit, and 2 true frosh are on the two-deep. Do you think Stitt would have had a better o-line this year? How would that have occurred? Wouldn't the receivers have been the same? Hauck brought in 3 new safeties, and 2 are starting and playing a lot. Hauck moved Calhoun to corner, and that's been a big help.

A lot of people thought Semore was a problem. Not necessarily me.

Sneed has fewer interceptions than Jensen last year. Sneed is a much better runner.

The people fumbling are mostly the players who were on the roster last year, i.e. the receivers.

Don't agree that Stitt would be doing better this year.

Since you have no idea what moves Stitt would have made you simply cannot make the argument either way. But we DO know the O-line wouldn’t have had to learn an entirely new system. We’d have a QB in his third year in the system and his third year working with the group of receivers. Jensen and Favaroso would still be here. We’d have a QB who could actually throw a completed pass more than 10 yards down the field.

And hopefully the D WOULD have had to learn a new system because if you don’t think Semore was a problem you obviously never played the game. He needed to go. Pronto.

AZGrizFan said:
Since you have no idea what moves Stitt would have made you simply cannot make the argument either way. But we DO know the O-line wouldn’t have had to learn an entirely new system. We’d have a QB in his third year in the system and his third year working with the group of receivers. Jensen and Favaroso would still be here. We’d have a QB who could actually throw a completed pass more than 10 yards down the field.

And hopefully the D WOULD have had to learn a new system because if you don’t think Semore was a problem you obviously never played the game. He needed to go. Pronto.

I was told that o-line has not had to learn an entirely new system. Same o-lilne coach. Remember? Jensen was a scout team qb his first year. And a backup for the first 2.5 games last year. Fav has 1.5 sacks this year at Duquesne. Sneed completes many passes longer than 10 years. He's a better short passer than Jensen was last year too. I base my Semore views on what starter defensive players told me last year, as well as after Semore left. That means more to me than what someone like you thinks. A parent told me recently that Baer calls plays just like Semore did. In fact, he said "identical".

It makes me chuckle to see posters like you throwing out facts and opinions that you've pulled out of the air.

AZGrizFan said:

We still got Semore. He’s just older and wiser, check that olderz I said in another thread that Baer May be good at coaching skills and such, but his play calling sucks too. I posted some comments a few months ago from the UNLV board, where results of plays were just like Semore. Go figure.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I was told that o-line has not had to learn an entirely new system. Same o-lilne coach. Remember? Jensen was a scout team qb his first year. And a backup for the first 2.5 games last year. Fav has 1.5 sacks this year at Duquesne. Sneed completes many passes longer than 10 years. He's a better short passer than Jensen was last year too. I base my Semore views on what starter defensive players told me last year, as well as after Semore left. That means more to me than what someone like you thinks. A parent told me recently that Baer calls plays just like Semore did. In fact, he said "identical".

It makes me chuckle to see posters like you throwing out facts and opinions that you've pulled out of the air.

Baer calls plays just like Semore. That really gives me a warm fuzzy. :roll: :roll:

I think everyone shoudl just be patient and realize its going to take some time to get the train rolling again. The team has decent talent on it, but getting kids to play and react to coaching the way a Hauck lead team generally does...that takes more than half a season.

Back