• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:

I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.

Is Sneed still a much better runner with a quad injury?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.

Yes.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said. Not an objective bone in your body.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Yes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said. Not an objective bone in your body.

One of the most objective posters on egriz, if I do say so myself.

Pass Offense ? Chunk and Hope??? Sideline pattern run one yard inside out of bounds line. Does our playbook have any patterns between the Hash marks?? Drags, posts, deep ins, Screens? never see a screen, even when the defense is just pinning back their ears and all meeting at our quarterback. O. K i will shut up..

Being objective never really plays that well here, either you're a "bad fan" or "picking on kids" if you note any room for improvement at all...or an "apologist" and "sugar coater" if you don't agree with people who point out obvious issues. It's a fairly losing proposition either way.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Regarding a comparison of Sneed versus Jensen. Here is one that I just completed using QB efficiency as the DV. Hope you like.

9QZUyoS.png

pgbuPog.png

grizindabox said:
I think it is cute that you think that this play, and only this play, is what lost the game.

Bingham is a very good player who has made some great plays for UM. I have no doubt he feels worse than anyone else about the fumble. There many reasons why UM lost the game, including a defense that allowed a 98 yard drive after the fumble. Turnovers, and there were more than one yesterday, are often the difference between winning and losing.

grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Regarding a comparison of Sneed versus Jensen. Here is one that I just completed using QB efficiency as the DV. Hope you like.

9QZUyoS.png

pgbuPog.png

Running, completion percentage, not throwing interceptions and leadership are a big part of people the QB. Sneed is ahead of Jensen in all of those categories.

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

9QZUyoS.png

pgbuPog.png

Running, completion percentage, not throwing interceptions and leadership are a big part of people the QB. Sneed is ahead of Jensen in all of those categories.

Source?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Welp, I tried.

If you make a short post, you're not providing specifics.

If you make a longer post, you're long-winded.

In either case, he never actually responds to what's said.

But he always manages to be rude and insulting.

PR -- If you want to argue that this team is better off with Sneed at QB, so be it.

If you want to undermine and talk down Humphrey, so be it.

If you want to make excuses on behalf of the coaches, so be it.

I disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinions, no matter how foolish they may be.

And now I will go back to ignoring you completely.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Welp, I tried.

PR -- If you want to argue that this team is better off with Sneed at QB, so be it.

I disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinions, no matter how foolish they may be.

We shall see. And yes, the Griz are better off with Sneed over Jensen, because he has a better completion percentage, has thrown fewer interceptions, is a much better runner, and is a much better leader. The couple receivers I know were fine with Jensen departing.

And you can just keep being critical of something you don't know much about and don't understand. Passive-aggressive coaching; that's pretty funny.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Welp, I tried.

Ha. He passed me over when I asked for actual, comparable data. Weird. Hey PR, it's okay to have an opinion not based on evidence. Most of us do that every post. Just own it and quit trying to post your opinions as unarguable.

PlayerRep said:

You continue to spout this “higher passing percentage” stat. If only that were an indicator of games won. There’s lies, damned lies and then there’s statistics. That’s one of those. I’ll take 5/8 for 143 and 2 TD’s over a 67% pass completion percentage with an average gain of EIGHT yards.

Next man up. Especially if he’s hobbled. That takes away his ONLY legit advantage he brings to the table over Humphrey. Because passing ability surely ain’t it.

grizpsych said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Welp, I tried.

Ha. He passed me over when I asked for actual, comparable data. Weird. Hey PR, it's okay to have an opinion not based on evidence. Most of us do that every post. Just own it and quit trying to post your opinions as unarguable.

Good luck there. He’s been doing that for 15 years.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

You continue to spout this “higher passing percentage” stat. If only that were an indicator of games won. There’s lies, damned lies and then there’s statistics. That’s one of those. I’ll take 5/8 for 143 and 2 TD’s over a 67% pass completion percentage with an average gain of EIGHT yards.

Next man up. Especially if he’s hobbled. That takes away his ONLY legit advantage he brings to the table over Humphrey. Because passing ability surely ain’t it.

Let's get all of what I have been saying: Higher passing percentage this year than Jensen and higher than Jensen last year, fewer interceptions, much better runner, faster, and better leader, including being elected captain after having been at UM for 8 months or so.

Three other factors for my thinking Sneed is better are: my observations, talking to the UM coaches, and talking to the dad of a starting receiver early in the season.

What are the views of people like you and Mining based on?

AZGrizFan said:
grizpsych said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Welp, I tried.

Good luck there. He’s been doing that for 15 years.

I said early on that Jensen had a nice passing efficiency rating. But that doesn't include running and leadership. Those are important factors for a qb. Plus, Jensen had way to many interceptions last year. This year, he's had 6 TD's passes in 6 games, and 5 in 1 game. At least, his interceptions have gone done.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Let's get all of what I have been saying: Higher passing percentage this year than Jensen and higher than Jensen last year, fewer interceptions, much better runner, faster, and better leader, including being elected captain after having been at UM for 8 months or so.

Three other factors for my thinking Sneed is better are: my observations, talking to the UM coaches, and talking to the dad of a starting receiver early in the season.

In the end, it’s your opinion, the coaches opinion, and the dad of a starting receivers opinion. Opinions are not factual in nature. I’m quite sure Gresch is more than happy where is career is going. Of course that is simply my option. And my opinion means nothing more that your opinion, the coaches opinion or the dad of the revievers opinion. In the end, my opinion is that’s opinions are simply opinions, and mean nothing. :)

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

In-game performance. Case closed.

Back