• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Nation Is #1 in One Thing

Ursus1 said:
timjayko said:
EverettGriz said:
I will ALWAYS support this team and this program. But I’ll also speak out when there are obvious issues which extend far beyond “we’re young”.

Not only the players are young, we are running a new defensive scheme, and offensive playbook too with a new staff, and the weakest link to our team is one of the most important components for a successful football team, the O-line. Give em sime time and be patient. A year from now if this kind of play is still plaguing us then obviously this falls on the coaching staff, but right now... take a deep breath and take it easy. GOOOZ.. FRABA.

If this isn't what Bobby wants to run on offense but has to because he doesn't have his guys yet.....will you get to use the excuse of a new system when he gets his guys? Asking for a friend

P.S. They are quite a few games in. When do they finally usually get the concepts of not letting a WR behind you and you have to block someone if you are an offensive lineman in these rocket science schemes? Asking for another friend .

If Bobby cant get this team some swagger back once he gets his desired personal up and running in a few years .. then I hate to say it but I'm more than open to the drawing board being brought out again. Until then, as a Grizzly Football fan for over 20 years having seen what this man can do, I'm standing with Bobby and the rest of his staff.

Okay, Tim, I get that. And I even agree.

But am I or others bad fan because we're pointing out obvious deficiencies which a staff with this much experience should be able to correct? It's obvious this staff has been outcoached to begin every game with the exception of UNI, and that's likely because UNI literally had no film and no idea what we'd run. Look what happened in the second half of that game after they had a chance to make adjustments.

I, too, believe we need to give hauck some time. But I also believe it's warranted to point out weaknesses when they are glaring. And my eyes are really squinted, so...

Ringneck said:
timjayko said:
Ringneck said:
Oh good, another "true fan" lecture. I'm sure this one will suc
ceed where the others have failed and finally set the record straight. :roll:

Look, there's nothing bandwagon or fair-weather about having high expectations. Fans should be bloody upset about these last two gong show performances. We've played like crap for 7 of the last 8 :^[quarters, and it's unacceptable. We're not frickin' Northern Colorado, playing for moral victories and looking for silver linings after every ass kicking. We're the Montana Grizzlies. We used to be the standard. "True fans" would remember that.
Yes we are the Montana Grizzlies but maybe in this current era, are our expectations and external pressure toward the team not a little too high? We are far from the dominant program that we were once known to be, this might be painful for some to swallow but I think this is a necessary thing to accept.

Why should we accept it? Do you think lower fan base expectations will lead to improved performance?
Actually, yes. I think the coaches and players feel a strong weight over their shoulders of pressure and feel like they "have to succeed, or else!"

With this much pressure psychology speaking it can take a toll on anyone. I'd rather watch a griz football team play this year with a mentality of having nothing to lose, and play more loose out there.

EverettGriz said:

But am I or others bad fan because we're pointing out obvious deficiencies which a staff with this much experience should be able to correct? It's obvious this staff has been outcoached to begin every game with the exception of UNI, and that's likely because UNI literally had no film and no idea what we'd run. Look what happened in the second half of that game after they had a chance to make adjustments.

I, too, believe we need to give hauck some time. But I also believe it's warranted to point out weaknesses when they are glaring. And my eyes are really squinted, so...

I dont think anyone in here is bad, I'm just really disappointed in all the negativity with less constructive criticism. I came into this year with lots of hope that we may immediately see success, but realistically speaking realized all the factors going against us and mentally prepared for this kind of result to happen. There's no where but up from here, and while the climb may be steep and tiring I have faith the future of this Grizzly Football team come a year or two from now. On a positive note I do enjoy how much passion griz nation has for Montana football. We cant let that die, we gotta turn out for team and root them on in not only the best of times but the worst of times i.e. right now where they need our support the most.

timjayko said:
Ringneck said:
timjayko said:
Ringneck said:

Look, there's nothing bandwagon or fair-weather about having high expectations. Fans should be bloody upset about these last two gong show performances. We've played like crap for 7 of the last 8 :^[quarters, and it's unacceptable. We're not frickin' Northern Colorado, playing for moral victories and looking for silver linings after every ass kicking. We're the Montana Grizzlies. We used to be the standard. "True fans" would remember that.
Yes we are the Montana Grizzlies but maybe in this current era, are our expectations and external pressure toward the team not a little too high? We are far from the dominant program that we were once known to be, this might be painful for some to swallow but I think this is a necessary thing to accept.

Why should we accept it? Do you think lower fan base expectations will lead to improved performance?
Actually, yes. I think the coaches and players feel a strong weight over their shoulders of pressure and feel like they "have to succeed, or else!"

With this much pressure psychology speaking it can take a toll on anyone. I'd rather watch a griz football team play this year with a mentality of having nothing to lose, and play more loose out there.

You might get your wish after Davis game because they still have a lot shot at the playoffs if the can win out, but I expect they will be playing tight next game.

EverettGriz said:
timjayko said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I’ll be there through thick and thin. The mediocrity isn’t a new thing though. We’ve been mediocre for years now. It’s getting old. I’m hoping this new/old staff can right the ship. I can see it happening. Look what phoenice did at ISU. They’re throttling a good UC Davis on the road right now. If Phen can turn the ISU dumpster fire around the. Hauck can certainly do the same at UM. Can’t wait to see what’s in store the next couple of years! GO GRIZ!
This, represents a true fan

True fans cannot be objective and critical when necessary?

I mean, we're now striving to be ISU??

I never said we should strive to be like ISU, just saying that in just a couple seasons a good coach took a dumpster fire of a team and program and turned them into a winner. If Phen can do that at ISU, Bobby should have no problem doing it here. I’ve got high expectations too, and hate seeing this team play like garbage week after week. But I also know that the players are the ones fumbling the ball, dropping passes.....etc. the drops and fumbles are on the players, and both have had a direct impact in our last two losses. Players gotta step it up. The plays were there again today, just as they were vs PSU and WIU. Players have to make the plays, all Bobby can do is put them in the position to make them.

EverettGriz said:

I dont think anyone in here is bad, I'm just really disappointed in all the negativity with less constructive criticism going on. I came into this year with lots of hope that we may immediately see success, but realistically speaking realized all the factors going against us and mentally prepared for this kind of result to happen. There's nowhere but up from here, and while the climb may be steep and tiring I have faith in the future of this Grizzly Football team come a year or two from now. On a positive note I do enjoy how much passion Griz nation has for Montana football. We cant let that die, we gotta turn out for our team and root them on in not only the best of times but the worst of times i.e. right now when they need our support the most.

RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ringneck said:
Oh good, another "true fan" lecture. I'm sure this one will succeed where the others have failed and finally set the record straight. :roll:

Look, there's nothing bandwagon or fair-weather about having high expectations. Fans should be bloody upset about these last two gong show performances. We've played like crap for 7 of the last 8 quarters, and it's unacceptable. We're not frickin' Northern Colorado, playing for moral victories and looking for silver linings after every ass kicking. We're the Montana Grizzlies. We used to be the standard. "True fans" would remember that.

This post is good, but it's young. I'm gonna give it some time.
Your “Shtick” isn’t good, nor is it young. You should hang it up though, because it is boring

It just needs some time.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ringneck said:
Oh good, another "true fan" lecture. I'm sure this one will succeed where the others have failed and finally set the record straight. :roll:

Look, there's nothing bandwagon or fair-weather about having high expectations. Fans should be bloody upset about these last two gong show performances. We've played like crap for 7 of the last 8 quarters, and it's unacceptable. We're not frickin' Northern Colorado, playing for moral victories and looking for silver linings after every ass kicking. We're the Montana Grizzlies. We used to be the standard. "True fans" would remember that.

Your “Shtick” isn’t good, nor is it young. You should hang it up though, because it is boring

It just needs some time.

I'll give you 3 years to get your shtickers in there. The shtick cupboard was pretty bare. And don't even get me started on the joke drawer.

timjayko said:
Ringneck said:
timjayko said:
Ringneck said:

"Playing with nothing to lose" sounds like a motto for mediocre teams who have gotten used to losing. No thanks. I'd rather expect to win and be disappointed than expect to lose and be proven right.

EverettGriz said:
I will ALWAYS support this team and this program. But I’ll also speak out when there are obvious issues which extend far beyond “we’re young”.
This. I have been a Griz fan for 60+ years. This year's version of Griz football is one of the most disappointing I have seen. People bitched and moaned for three years about Stitt and his teams. To be honest, I think the 2018 version is worse than any of them. I truly believe the Griz will be very lucky to finish above .500.

'68griz said:
EverettGriz said:
This. I have been a Griz fan for 60+ years. This year's version of Griz football is one of the most disappointing I have seen. People bitched and moaned for three years about Stitt and his teams. To be honest, I think the 2018 version is worse than any of them. I truly believe the Griz will be very lucky to finish above .500.

I haven't been a fan anywhere as near as long as you (more like 25 years for me), but I agree with you. This isn't the worst Griz team I've seen, but I think it is the most disappointing team I've seen. Despite having great athletes and good coaches, they just look unprepared, out of sync, inattentive, and over-matched.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ringneck said:

It just needs some time.

Well, you joined in 2005, so I’ll give you until 2022 to get your full 15-17 years.

timjayko said:
Ringneck said:
timjayko said:
Ringneck said:

Well, they’re in luck then. I now have ZERO expectations for this team for the remainder of the season. Congratulations, fellas. No pressure now!

The answer lies within the OLine and receivers.
Until they can develop, ground and pound. Get nasty and maul the defensive front 7. From the games I watched today, all the winners had a dominant ground game. It's easy to develop, fun for the players, coaches and fans to run and keeps TOP in out favor.
Defense is heartbroken. Need more speed on the corners. LBs are beastly. Dline got abused today. Safety play is so up and down it's sad.
Play calling on offense is pissing me off, along with execution.
But the number one issue IS ( drumroll) Offensive Line!

RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

It just needs some time.

Well, you joined in 2005, so I’ll give you until 2022 to get your full 15-17 years.

That's only fair. Stern. Stern, but fair. And cold. Cold, stern, and fair. Like the Cut Bank Police.

Oso Negro said:
The answer lies within the OLine and receivers.
Until they can develop, ground and pound. Get nasty and maul the defensive front 7. From the games I watched today, all the winners had a dominant ground game. It's easy to develop, fun for the players, coaches and fans to run and keeps TOP in out favor.
Defense is heartbroken. Need more speed on the corners. LBs are beastly. Dline got abused today. Safety play is so up and down it's sad.
Play calling on offense is pissing me off, along with execution.
But the number one issue IS ( drumroll) Offensive Line!

Our D-Line got dominated today. There were multiple running plays where the UND runner wasn’t getting touched until he’d already run 5 yards. Their O-line was blowing our guys back and knocking them off their feet all day. Wasembarrasing to watch

CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:

It just needs some time.

That's only fair. Stern. Stern, but fair. And cold. Cold, stern, and fair. Like the Cut Bank Police.
Or your moms heart.

Back